Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do Christmas carols at your work start?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do Christmas carols at your work start?

Assuming you work with a place that has music of course.

We just started ours today. Normally Aid of Rite starts them after Thanksgiving but I guess not this year. It's the same loop of carols I heard last year mixed with the same regular songs. So long as I don't hear the exact same loop twice in an 8 hour shift like I did last year, I'm cool with it (expect with My Grown Up Christmas List, that song can go DIAF).
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Ours always starts December 1st, and the one time they tried to bump that to November 15th, there was a mutiny. As it is, I still hate a month straight of Christmas music, but it's better than a month and a half.

Comment

We can't really hear the music in the pharmacy section at the Medicine Hat, so I'm pretty lucky in that regard. Some of my coworkers complain about not being able to hear the music, but I enjoy not being bombarded with store music every day.
      Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Started today.

Decorations in the mall got placed overnight as well. Our mall is doing Activities for Kids every weekend to lead into Santa's arrival which started last weekend so it makes sense.

I like the music, but they had weird stuff today, lol. I hope they get a better selection. I only hear it when I walk towards the corridor (it plays over the mall's system, not in the store) so it's not a "all the time" sort of deal for me.

Comment

Ours haven't started yet. Last year they started the week of Thanksgiving. Hopefully we get more than every bad version of Winter Wonderland and Jingle Bells.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I started work three weeks ago and sometime during the second week they started mixing carols in with the regular kiddie tunes. (It's a toy store, and the music we play is all from albums that we sell.) Fortunately they're not your average Christmas albums, the one that I really like is a New Orleans Christmas and has jazz and zydeco in it.

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
              Started today.

Decorations in the mall got placed overnight as well. Our mall is doing Activities for Kids every weekend to lead into Santa's arrival which started last weekend so it makes sense.
              Santa's already at the mall near me. He's been there since the 5th of November.

What's really sad is I don't remember seeing any advertising about it. That used to be such big deal.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working in a corporate restaurant that wants to be PC has it's advantages. We don't play Christmas music!

I don't have anything against it, but I like it to be on my terms.
                That is what Slacker Radio is for. I can listen to whatever Christmas music I want.
                "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
                "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

Comment

Working in schools gives a weird mix. Not that you hear music much anyways.
                  Some are trying to be so PC that you'll never hear Christmas music.
                  And you'll hear it at the ones that allow it super early because of band rehearsals for winter concerts.
                  It makes sense.

Comment

They started between the 31st of October and the 3rd of November (I didn't work the days between).

I am already over it.
                    you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

At Walmart they started the day after Halloween, and it didn't take long for everyone to get very sick and tired of it. The lawn and garden section has it the worst, as they have to listen to annoying children sing the christmas songs. I'm certainly glad I don't have to work in that section.
                      Well I actually have a bit of good news about the songs up on the front end. Quite a few customers complained about it (THANK GOD!!!) and we don't have to freakin listen to them anymore, at least for now. Never thought anything good would ever come from customers complaining!

Comment

As far as I know, whenever the Weather Channel starts.

That's the only station we're allowed to have on at the place of employment.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Dunno. Will stop at the swamp tomorrow night for next week's schedule.

If the Christmas tunes haven't started up by then, I imagine they will early next week.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Oh, and it's worth noting that the Christmas carols started on my mp3 player on November 1, because I absolutely love Christmas.
                            It makes sense.

Comment

A few stores have started the carols; mine hasn't yet.

The closest mall to us has started full-bore; they even have these gigantic fake ornaments (I could stand up inside one with room to spare) hanging from the rafters. Last night there was some puff piece on the news filmed in the mall, and I commented how my idea of 'holiday spirit' would be one of the decorations falling on someone (we both hate that mall).

Mom agreed
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                              X