This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First School Related Thread

It was a sighting fortunately. I haven't encountered any suckyness in my lessons yet. I also class this thread more of a parenting fail than anything else. I walked into the reception area and was signing into the school. I am not officially a member of staff at the school yet, so I have to sign all kinds of paperwork before I can enter the building. This usually takes about five minutes. Sat down in the reception area was a mother, a very moody looking teenage daughter and a teacher that looked like she was at the end of her tether.

Daughter: I am not going in your lesson and you can't make me!
    Mother: Sweetie don't be like that...
    Teacher: Well that is absolutely fine with me. We can arrange for you to be put somewhere else during my lessons. You are nothing but distruptive and abusive in my classroom and I refuse to tolerate it anymore.
    Mother: You are her teacher! You are not supposed to give up on your students!
    Teacher: Teaching is a two way street. In order for me to teach your daughter, she needs to co-operate and listen. Not hurl abuse and be violent.
    Daughter: I DON'T LIKE YOUR FUCKING LESSON!
    Mother: Sweetheart, please don't raise your voice.
    Teacher: This is your final chance. Do you want to attend my lesson today or not? And will you behave in a responsible manner?
    Daughter: I am not going in your fucking lesson!
    Teacher: Well that is fine with me. I will send the head of year down to deal with you further.

The bell rang.

Teacher: I have to go now. I have a class to teach.
    Mother: But you are dealing with us right now!
    Daughter: No! Go! I don't want to talk to you anymore! You fucking bitch!
    Mother: Sweetie, don't say that.
    Teacher: I have done all I can. I now have a class full of students who are willing to learn to look after. I will send the head of year down.

The teacher walked away.

Daughter: FUCKING BITCH!
    Mother: Honey, don't shout.
    Daughter: Well it's all her fault! All I want to do is have fun with my friends and she is constantly butting in and telling me to be quiet and listen! I don't have a fucking clue what's going on in her lessons so what's the point? I just want to mess around with people! What's wrong with that???
    Mother: I know honey, I know...

I had to go to my lesson at that point. But geez! That mother really needed to be harsher on her daughter! If I EVER, EVER spoke to a teacher like that in front of my parents, they would have killed me!

Wow, what a wimp that mother is. If I had said those things to my mother...*shudder*
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

If I had done that to a teacher, my mother would have skinned me, and made a lovely quilt out of it. Jeepers!!!!
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Classic spoiled-brat material there. She's never been told no forcefully enough for it to have stuck - and thus she has no concept that what she wants is unacceptable.

And this is what SCs are made of...

And, I bet, why military schools exist.

Comment

What was it Cosby's dad said?...

"You may not see this boy for a while..."
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I have one word for that mother: doormat.

Add me to the list of people who would've been skinned alive had I spoken like that about a teacher. And heaven help my children if they ever behave like that. Between my husband and I, I'm the bad cop.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

If I had ever spoken to *anyone* like that in my mother's hearing, I wouldn't be here now . . . They probably would never have found the body.

But that one? She's not a mother, she's one of those "parents" who wants to be her kids' "pal". That girl's in for some hard lessons one of these days.

Oh, and huzzah to the teacher for telling it like it is!

Comment

What a little bitch. I am all for students having a say in things if they don't like the teacher, but from what I can tell, this is 100% on the girl. And I can't believe the mother wants the teacher to still teach her when it is clear she is impossible.

Yes, she got her way, but at least she's out of the teachers hair.

Comment

Perhaps they should enroll that kid in the "No Kid Left Alive" program.
                  "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I once had a cousin like that. She was rude and nasty to everyone else...but me. Why? Well, I beat the crap out of her when we were about 4 or 5 Seriously, after she'd attempted to hit me one too many times (and after I'd told her to knock it off)...I hauled off and hit her in the face. From then on, she's been nothing but polite to me. Still rude to everyone else though
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

"Give 'em a short, sharp shock, an' they don't do it again. Got it?"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                        Oh! Oh! Can I send some of my...darlings....to that program? Pretty please??

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                          Also known as IPF's junior high.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            Also known as IPF's junior high.
                            I went to the same school. Jr. High. 1st week of classes and a 17 year old kid hung himself from a tree in front of the main entrance. It was a sign.
                            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

No hanging at my junior high, but there was a pretty big gang fight at one of the school dances.

I didn't go to those.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X