This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth morgana View Post
    If I had ever spoken to *anyone* like that in my mother's hearing, I wouldn't be here now . . . They probably would never have found the body.
    THIS!

I only made the mistake of cursing in front of my mother ONCE. I didn't really know what I was saying, but let me tell you, Dial soap tastes really gross.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

What a brat.

My sister does that too (chats with her friends), but it's usually when they're working together on classwork and such.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Wow. If I said any of that stuff in front of my mother NOW she'd kick my ass, and I'm turning 22 in a couple of weeks.
        "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

Quoth rageaholic View Post
          What a little bitch. I am all for students having a say in things if they don't like the teacher, but from what I can tell, this is 100% on the girl.
          Between the girl and the teacher, I'm willing to bet the teacher put up with way more than she should have.

But the fail rests fully and completely on the mother who has obviously not bothered to attempt actually being a mother. I, too, suspect she's trying to be her daughter's friend and doing her a massive disservice in so doing.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I just turned 26 earlier this month. And if my mother heard me say anything like that to someone in authority, she'd beat me bloody. And then turn me over to my grandmother and...well...let's just say I'd be a smear on the pavement, if they were feeling lenient.

Most definitely a parenting fail. My mom and I ARE pals to an extent, but when she lays down the law, that's it, she's the mom, I'm the daughter. End of story.

Comment

Dial soap, eh? A bit harsher than Life Buoy, but still has that nice, nutty texture. Ah yes, those were the days...

My mother would have drawn and quartered me, and grounded what was left. I had a few psycho teachers in school, but I was still expected to address them with respect. That poor excuse for a mother and her juvenile delinquent need to spend a few months in Boot Camp.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                Between the girl and the teacher, I'm willing to bet the teacher put up with way more than she should have.

But the fail rests fully and completely on the mother who has obviously not bothered to attempt actually being a mother. I, too, suspect she's trying to be her daughter's friend and doing her a massive disservice in so doing.

^-.-^
                A LOT more than she should have. I don't know much about the teacher, but I do know she has the patience of a saint.

I don't see what's wrong with being her daughters friend, but I do see something seriously wrong with letting her get away with calling the teacher a fucking bitch.

Comment

As a teacher - I gotta say kudos to the teacher - have had a few experiences like that - and after a while the caring supportive teacher facade disappears - in its place is a cold unsympathetic teacher.

Comment

I was kind of on the girl's side until she said that she just wanted to hang out with her friends instead of listen. Right now I could scream a few obscenities at some teachers in my school for being total dicks.
                    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

One more for the list ... If I had ever spoken that way to any adult, let alone a teacher, the least that would have happened would have been that I'd find myself unable to sit down for a good week or so >_>

That mother needs ... something ... I don't wanna go into fratching territory here >_<

Then again, it could have been worse -- the Mom could have *echoed* her kid's words...As if it's not obvious where she learned to speak that way...
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Holy crapola! I didn't even cuss back in high school lol My mom would have murdered me if I ever did that to anybody! just wow...

Comment

Admittedly, I swear like a sailor most of the time, but I have not once, to my recall, sworn at, or about any of my teachers, regardless of how much I disliked them, or how much everyone else in my family has. (and considering a few Teachers-from-Hell that managed to utterly Kill my love of learning before I was ten, there's been a Lot of swearing when their names are mentioned.)

As for the OP's encounter, well, I have to say that he should find that teacher and buy her a drink of her choice for putting up with that Foul brat and her doormat.

Comment

Quoth rageaholic View Post
                            A LOT more than she should have. I don't know much about the teacher, but I do know she has the patience of a saint.

I don't see what's wrong with being her daughters friend, but I do see something seriously wrong with letting her get away with calling the teacher a fucking bitch.
                            The problem isn't that a parent can't be their kid's friend. My aunt and cousin have that type of relationship but my cousin also knows that my aunt, her mother, will lay down the law if there is a need.

The point is that you have to parent first then be the kid's friend. Friends won't instil a sense of discipline and respect to others with in you, parents will.
                            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                              The problem isn't that a parent can't be their kid's friend. My aunt and cousin have that type of relationship but my cousin also knows that my aunt, her mother, will lay down the law if there is a need.

The point is that you have to parent first then be the kid's friend. Friends won't instil a sense of discipline and respect to others with in you, parents will.
                              I see, there does need to be a balance. It's just that I've seen too many parents take it to the point where they are only there to punish their kids and act as if they resent them.

Mine were more on the "Friend" side, but weren't afraid to let me have it.

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                              Admittedly, I swear like a sailor most of the time, but I have not once, to my recall, sworn at, or about any of my teachers, regardless of how much I disliked them, or how much everyone else in my family has. (and considering a few Teachers-from-Hell that managed to utterly Kill my love of learning before I was ten, there's been a Lot of swearing when their names are mentioned.)

As for the OP's encounter, well, I have to say that he should find that teacher and buy her a drink of her choice for putting up with that Foul brat and her doormat.
                              Don't get me started on some of the BS I've put up with from teachers, but that's for another thread.
                              Last edited by Broomjockey; 11-29-2009, 08:33 PM. Reason: consec.

Comment

my old man's a trucker and i out weigh him by at least fifty pounds and i wouldn't dare say that shit around him no less him and a teacher. (before i graduated of course) if she was my sister at that time she'd become my fugly sister real quick (he's got those big boney hands that HURT!) and have a whole new air of respect about her.

Comment

Working...
                                X