This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A check is not Cash!

I swear, some customers annoy me with their, "checks are like cash" mess. Unless its physical cash, checks are not cash! You can CASH a check but a check itself is not cash! When will people understand the difference between cashing a check and cash! I also hate it when they want their check put in as cash when they have 5, 000 in their accounts. I can understand people who have little money but these rich people asking their money put in as cash? Checks don't take that long to deposit! if they don't want to wait, ask the employer for direct deposit but some people are too darn stubborn to even do that!
    Last edited by MoonChild2007; 04-23-2007, 10:23 AM. Reason: Cause I put cash instead of check! LOL

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
    I swear, some customers annoy me with their, "checks are like cash" mess. Unless its physical cash, checks are not cash!
    I can vouch for that. When someone stole one of my checks and forged my name, I couldn't figure out why the local cop tried to brush me off. It was the bank that told me the information I needed to get my money back. If the cop had taken fifteen seconds to explain the legalities of it ("The crime isn't theft, because all they stole was a piece of paper. The crime was forgery, and that happened out of our jurisdiction, so we can't legally do anything about it. I know you don't want to hear this, but you will need to talk to the police where it happened."), I would have been much more impressed with The Fuzz. Probably ticked off anyway, but I would have recognized the futility of arguing with him much sooner.

The surreal part of it was that the bank was able to get my money back. The forger and I both used the same financial institution, and a phone call and a couple weeks later the money was transferred from his account to mine.

Comment

I also hate it when they want their cash put in as cash when they have 5, 000 in their accounts.

I'm a little confused, do you mean "cheque put in as cash"?
      Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's what she meant and that's actually how I read it, "check put in as cash." I didn't even notice she wrote cash instead of check.

I greatly enjoy customers that come in with cashier's checks from other institutions for large amounts and argue with me that they are the same as cash. Money orders and cashier's checks are not the same as cash and are subject to the same regulations as personal/business checks. I'm not going to spend the next thirty minutes of my life verifying the check.
        Last edited by icinii; 04-23-2007, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
          I'm a little confused, do you mean "cheque put in as cash"?
          I think that is how the OP meant it
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Thanks guys! I didn't even notice my little typo!

I greatly enjoy customers that come in with cashier's checks from other institutions for large amounts and argue with me that they are the same as cash. Money orders and cashier's checks are not the same as cash and are subject to the same regulations as personal/business checks. I'm not going to spend the next thirty minutes of my life verifying the check.
            Another thing I can't stand either. Cashier's checks are "guaranteed" funds that need to clear just like every other check but its not CASH!

Also, just because a check is drawn on the same bank as your account doesn't mean that we are just going to cash the check and put it in as cash. It sounds silly but hey, that's our rules.
            Last edited by MoonChild2007; 04-23-2007, 10:31 AM.

Comment

I'd love to have direct deposit, but I like Bank of America, and Plaid only does Direct Deposit through Oregon Credit.
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Direct Deposit is a sure safer way to get your money into the bank. However, some people are too stubborn and would rather have paper checks to cash. Firstly, with direct deposit, they don't have to show two forms of ID everytime they cash a large check which some people think is "silly". This goes for people working for big coportations and certain small businesses but I can understand people who work for small businesses who don't have direct deposit.

Comment

A check is not anything! Say it with me: "cheque... cheque.... cheque..."
                  I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

jb17kx, I am not understanding your post.

Comment

That's how check is spelled in Australia and the UK. Yes, I know I'm English and should spell it that way too, but I'm far too lazy.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

'Check' is the lazy American way of spelling it, similar to the habit of removing 'u's and replacing 's's. 'Cheque' is in my eye the correct spelling.

And yes, I'm leading you on. You're all yanks, you say what you want how you want and I have no right to change that. Just to point it out and cope.
                        I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

Direct Deposit is a sure safer way to get your money into the bank. However, some people are too stubborn and would rather have paper checks to cash.
                          That or the company they work for (like mine) refuses to do direct deposit. It's not always an option, so it's not JUST people being stubborn, ignorant or stupid.
                          "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Quoth jb17kx View Post
                            A check is not anything! Say it with me: "cheque... cheque.... cheque..."
                            It's a dialect thing. In the US, "check" is a perfectly valid spelling for "cheque". From webster's dictionary definition for "check":

"7: a written order directing a bank to pay money as instructed"

Comment

You can call it lazy all you want. But as much as I deride American society in general and Americans as a group for being lazy, in this case I must disagree.

Languages change and evolve. This is not a new thing.

So when we use "check," "rumor," "theater," "center," and "color" instead of "cheque," "rumour," "theatre," "centre," and "colour" (as some examples), it is not us being lazy, but simply how the language has evolved over here over the last few hundred years.

After all, I am sure that some Saxons and Angles would consider the way you use "their" language to be rather lazy, if not a downright corruption.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X