This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening is still too hard for them

Customer: I’m on my sister’s account and I’m trying to get on the internet & I’m using my computer. Can you git me on there?
    Me: OK, I don’t show that your sister has the internet on her account.
    Customer: Well, that’s okay. Just hook me up to DSL.
    Me: Sir, we don’t offer DSL, we have high speed internet.
    Customer: Well then just add me some DSL.
    Me: Sir, we don’t offer that. Plus, this account states only your sister can make changes to it.
    Customer: Oh well, that’s fine. Just add the internet only for me then.
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Oh gosh that gave me a headache. I'm sorry you have to put up with these idiots PJ. How hard is it to understand if you arent on the account you cant make any changes to begin with, plus the fact that you dont even offer DSL.
    "I want to be a mongoose. Can I be a mongoose dog?"

Comment

<------how I felt after reading that. Saint Phone Jockey, that's you.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

A lot of people don't really understand the difference between DSL and high-speed internet. As for asking to make changes after you told him only his sister could, he needs someone to explain the difference between boys and girls apparently.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I think that I felt a few of my braincells die while reading that.

PJ, how do you do it?
          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

wow, i didn't realise just how hard it is to understand 'no.' my head hurts now.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I had several dozen customers last night that had the same problem with listening to me.....

Me: Duh!
              SC: Non-listening customer

Me:........I've reported that you are without service.......at this time we do not have an estimated restoration time. Is there anything else I can help you with?

SC: Yeah, what time do you think the power will be back on?

I'm sitting there thinking......Is your brain on vacation or are you really this stupid?

Comment

Ah yes....numbnuts.
                Me:"Thank you, you don't need to sign your credit slip as the total was under $50. Have a great day!"
                Numbnuts: "Don't I need to sign?"
                (we do that if they're purchasing prescriptions, as we have already verified who they are, and it's a courtesy thing)

Repeat ad nauseum

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine
                  <------how I felt after reading that. Saint Phone Jockey, that's you.
                  Haha! That's cute. I suppose I'm used to the abuse, I dunno. I also take these morons w/ a grain of salt...that's really all I can do. Keeps me sane...well, half-sane anyway.

Pinkie, I can relate. I've had those ppl too. They refuse to listen!

Comment

It's OK. I'll just email him one of my internets. Though the tubes from my place to his have been kinda congested lately, so it might take a while to get there.
                    Desk-On: Apply directly to the forehead.

Comment

Along these lines, my favorites are the customers who...

Caller: I want to do this and that on the account.
                      Me: I'm sorry, but your name's not on the account.
                      Caller: I pay the bill.
                      Me: Be that as it may, your name's not on the account. You'll have to get the account holder to call and add you as an authorized person.
                      Caller: But I pay the bill.
                      Me: Nonetheless, your name's not on the account.
                      Caller: If you check you records, you'll find that all the payments on my account are charged on my credit card.
                      Me: Even if I could do that -- and I can't -- it wouldn't matter. Ultimately, the responsibility for the bill rests on the account holder, not whoever might be paying the bill at the moment. How would you feel if someone else made changes on an account you're responsible for?
                      Caller: I think I need to speak to a supervisor.
                      Me: No. It's not a debatable issue. Is there anything else I can help you with?
                      I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

TNT, I get those from time to time too. I'm glad I won't be dealing with billing calls much anymore. I'll mostly handle sales. Phew!

Comment

Quoth TNT
                          Me: No. It's not a debatable issue. Is there anything else I can help you with?
                          I think someone needs to claim that as a sig. I regret to say that mine's full.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion
                            I think someone needs to claim that as a sig.

Rapscallion
                            One time I said that and the caller called back and did get a hold of a supervisor.

Supervisor: My rep was absolutely correct. There's nothing here to debate. I honestly can't figure out why you called me to discuss it. Is there anything else I can help you with?
                            I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion
                              I think someone needs to claim that as a sig. I regret to say that mine's full.

Rapscallion
                              Since I'm sure I'll at least want to say that to some callers (insurance eligibility), I'll adopt it. If I use that line here, it'll help reduce the urge to use it on the callers.
                              Last edited by Seanette; 07-31-2006, 12:26 AM.
                              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                              X