This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCs! I know it's hot, but...

...please don't allow your children to climb into the coffin feezers and roll around over the contents! Also we still prefer our customers wear appropriate clothing. If your children are shirtless fine, but unless they have some form of footwear (socks don't count) they must stay in your cart. And a ripped pair of tighty whities is not appropriate for a 10 year old boy in a grocery store. Neither is a only large t-shirt. And if you are an attractive male under 30 none of our female staff care if you're shirtless (and most of our male staff don't want to admit they notice), but if your old or fat cover up (yes I know it's a double standard, tought sh!t). Ladies, unless you have a baby attached to them please cover your breasts. And finally if you're wearing a bikini top and hot pants don't complain about how hot our store is to someone in a dress shirt, tie, and black dress pants.
    Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

So... you've got a double-standard for men, but not for women?

Help, help! I'm being oppressed and discriminated!
    You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

No, I think there is probably an equal double standard for women. If you are sexy, young, fit, tanned and slim, and you want to wear a bikini round the store, fine. Just don't complain people are gawping at you, that's all. If you are elderly, flabby, saggy, pasty and lardy, and you want to wear a bikini round the store, please don't. That's all

I just like them to wear clothes. I respect everyone's right to wear as little as possible in the hot weather, but please, mop the sweat off your chest before approaching me !
      A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
      - Dave Barry

Comment

EDIT - *nevermind I'm dumb*

Comment

If you are elderly, flabby, saggy, pasty and lardy, and you want to wear a bikini round the store
          but please, mop the sweat off your chest
          Brain bleach please......
          "The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts." - Steven Wright

Comment

I know, people don't think the no shirt or shoes thing dosen't apply to them. But, in the hospital there are always kids runnig around without shoes.

Comment

Great - a hospital would be the last frickin' place on Earth where I'd want to run around without shoes. You never know what you might step into...

@Barefootgirl: how dare you steal my moment of righteous indignation!
              You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth alphaboi
                And a ripped pair of tighty whities is not appropriate for a 10 year old boy in a grocery store.
                Oh good grief! A ten-year-old boy allowed himself to go out in public wearing that? By that age, he should have developed at least a little self-respect and sense of embarrassment.

I know would have been mortified to be seen in just my underwear in public at that age.
                "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth alphaboi
                  ...please don't allow your children to climb into the coffin freezers and roll around over the contents!

I saw that and my first reaction was HOW could people let their kids DO that? Oh, yeah...they're SCs, and common sense and decency mean NOTHING to them...
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglĆ³id

Comment

...please don't allow your children to climb into the coffin feezers and roll around over the contents!
                    Is it really that expensive to go to the public pool or have the kids run around in the lawn sprinkler? I assume if you're telling us this, that must have happened. That is disgusting!

And am I also to assume you did have a ten-year-old come in in ripped tighty-whities, somebody else in only a large t-shirt, and several shirtless male customers as well? I thought you had to wear shoes and a shirt to get service.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

the freezer one just boggles, but this:

And a ripped pair of tighty whities is not appropriate for a 10 year old boy in a grocery store. Neither is a only large t-shirt.
                      what in the holy hell are these people thinking? i thought wearing pjs in public was bad enough, but this more than crosses the line-it takes a flying frickin' leap over that line!!

how hard is it to put something appropriate on? get up and put some clothes on; there is NO excuse, period.
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Argh, that's bad . . . Whenever guys come into the store shirtless, we always turn them away, they usually come back in with a shirt on.

Story from co-worker:

I guess this lady came in one time with her young son. The lady was larger (not huge), and she was wearing one of those sleevless shirts with the really big arm hole (I don't know the technical term), kinda like a loose fitting muscle shirt. We'll . . . she wasn't wearing a bra.

I'll leave it at that.
                        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Ew, gag, Gypsy.

Reminds me of the one summer I was working at Wal-Mart. Was a nice warm day, and this pair of ladies came into the store. They appeared to be a mother and daughter, but not your usual type. The daughter looked to be at least 40, possibly older, and was sun-wrinkled (like you get from years upon years of tanning). Her mother, obviously, was at least 20 years older than that, and just as brown and wrinkly. Both were wearing tube tops. The 40-something lady managed mostly fine, but old women get saggy without bras on! The top of the mother's tube top was well below where most women's breasts would be, yet the lady wasn't showing off anything (because it all sagged to her waist). Some people should realize that while it might have looked good on them when they were 20, some outfits should be retired when you hit 40+.

I'm also reminded of one of the mayors in the local area around that time. His tale isn't nearly as gag-worthy. He was just the sort of person who refused to go anywhere with shoes on, even when walking across a hot parking lot in high summer. He tried to come into our store and was stopped by the people-greeter, because shoes are required. He refused to listen to her, so she called over a CSM. He ignored the CSM. So the CSM called the Assistant Manager, who was then ignored. AM called the Store Manager, who was ignored. SM then called the cops. The mayor tried to ignore the cops too, and they took him off in handcuffs.
                          Last edited by Kogarashi; 08-04-2006, 12:45 AM.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I don't understand all the hoopla. The sign says "No shirt. No shoes. No service." Don't say crap about pants, bras, underwear
                            I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

We have a "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" sign but we allow children to come in shirtless as long as the have shoes on. Adult men aren't supposed to do this, but most of the staff in our store is female and like eye candy as much as anyone. Depending on who the MoD is they may get asket to leave. And the tee-shirt was on the 7/8 yr old boy. I didn't think anything odd about it until he bent down to pick something up and mooned me. Oh and the local High/Elementary school complex is just up the road from the store. It's pool is open so alot of people come straight from there to the store.
                              Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

Working...
                              X