This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea what her problem was.
    She asked for lime and lemonade and they gave her lime and soda...jeez, weren't you listening?!

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    Can't help but think it would be nice if it kept an eye on how much was remaining and flashed a light when low, you know? I don't doubt the suckiness of the customer in the circumstances, but we can put a man on the moon and even I can navigate around ... part of the country. Sometimes. Shouldn't be impossible to work something out to say when it's out.

Rapscallion
    Ah, but see, that would make sense...and we all know the rules about making sense...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Last night at my favorite watering hole, the bartender misheard "A sprite and a diet sprite" as "A sprite and a jack and sprite".

You can imagine the customers surprise when she sipped that.

Comment

What a sourpuss!!!
        "Sir, if you don't shut up, I'm going to kick one hundred percent of your ass!" - "Brad Hamilton", Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Comment

This happened recently.

I was about 3 weeks into being at the membership desk when I had a member come up to the desk in a RAGE.

"THAT %#&%^ AT THE DOOR DREW A LINE THROUGH MY RECEIPT, I TOLD HER NOT TO, I WANT YOU TO DO SOMETHING!!!"

I work at Costco, they draw lines through your receipt at the door so they won't be reused. It's policy. If you try walking out without showing it, see what happens, I dare you. I informed her of the policy and she yells,

"I TOLD HER NOT TO, I TOLD HER TO PUT IT IN THE BLANK SPOTS SO WE CAN READ IT FOR TAX PURPOSES, SHE WAS RUDE TO ME, etc."

It is ALSO door policy to put that little line through the actual text, because it's much harder to copy and forge a fake duplicate when the line not easily whited-out.

Also, because it's CARBON PAPER, it can be marked with just some pressure, the girl used the dull/non-ink edge of the pen to make a grey line, so it was VERY easy to read it, but still unable to be reused. Also, the girl that did it, she's one of my favorite co-workers, a spunky little Chinese lady, wouldn't hurt a fly, but doesn't take &#$* either. She did everything right, and this rude member was spouting that "she doesn't understand English".

But the thing was that the woman was throwing a hissy fit.

Over a line.

One of my sups was down there, and since I was not making a dent in this woman's line beliefs, my sup just said:

"Ok, ma'am, I'll get right on it"

The woman finally left, the sup bursts out laughing, and walks away. My co-worker did get taken care of.... the manager told her congrats on a good job how she prevented a possible fraud.

That rude member still comes in every week.
          "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            Screw that. She needs tied to a stake...and having limes and lemons fired at her from a cannon
            Wonder if we can recruit the chicken cannon from Air Farce.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              Wonder if we can recruit the chicken cannon from Air Farce.
              How about the turkey cannon from the air force?

If you're not familiar with the story (I've been told that it's true by US air force personell, but have no way of verifying that), the USAF has a giant cannon that shoots turkeys-- it's the way they test their planes to make sure they won't be damaged if the pilot runs into a big bird at supersonic speeds.

The RAF heard about this, and decided to borrow it, which the USAF allowed.

And the RAF prompty demolished the windsreen and more of one of their prototype planes. They called up their friends across the pond. Who responded with a very basic solution: thaw the turkey first.

Comment

Quoth Quicksilver View Post
                Someone needs to give that lady a lime and lemonade enema.
                Whatever happened with the pineapples?
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Nakajo View Post
                  I work at Costco, they draw lines through your receipt at the door so they won't be reused. It's policy. If you try walking out without showing it, see what happens, I dare you. I informed her of the policy and she yells,

"I TOLD HER NOT TO, I TOLD HER TO PUT IT IN THE BLANK SPOTS SO WE CAN READ IT FOR TAX PURPOSES, SHE WAS RUDE TO ME, etc."
                  I thought Costco used highlighters...or does the exact implement vary by store?

Usually the only reasons I can't read a receipt at all is if it's thermal paper that's been wadded up, or there's Sharpie on it. Regardless, I would think the total would be visible even with a mark on the receipt.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                    How about the turkey cannon from the air force?

If you're not familiar with the story (I've been told that it's true by US air force personell, but have no way of verifying that), the USAF has a giant cannon that shoots turkeys-- it's the way they test their planes to make sure they won't be damaged if the pilot runs into a big bird at supersonic speeds.

The RAF heard about this, and decided to borrow it, which the USAF allowed.

And the RAF prompty demolished the windsreen and more of one of their prototype planes. They called up their friends across the pond. Who responded with a very basic solution: thaw the turkey first.
                    Mythbusters did that one. quite fun. Basic conclusion: No damage difference between frozen and thawed birds. Very messy when thawed, though.
                    Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                      I thought Costco used highlighters...or does the exact implement vary by store?
                      I have Sam's near me and they use highlighters...
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth AriRashkae View Post
                        Mythbusters did that one. quite fun. Basic conclusion: No damage difference between frozen and thawed birds. Very messy when thawed, though.
                        Their variation involved British Rail though, if I recall.
                        I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

They actually revisted it and determined the frozen bird does alot more damage than the thawed one.
                          "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Heh, after reading the OP, and as I was reading through the thread, I was thinking the same thing as Raps was, right down to the "man on the moon" thingie!

It does seem like some set up could be created to signal the employee at the gun/dispenser when the syrup is low, or out, in a particular tank. Perhaps some kind of electrically operated sender, much like what's in a vehicle fuel tank?

I actually like the idea of combining the lemon enema with the lemon shooting cannon.

What I would do, instead of tying her to a stake, I'd bend her over and tie her to a rail, then shoot the lemons up her butt with the cannon!

Mike
                            Meow.........

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              I have Sam's near me and they use highlighters...
                              We did for a while, but unfortunately we have some smart criminals out of the hundreds of dumb ones. Most are Baltimore based... those sneaky ^&#&Q$&(%)
                              "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                                They actually revisted it and determined the frozen bird does alot more damage than the thawed one.
                                Yeah.

First one was that the windshield wasn't bird strike certified.

Second one was using velocity to determine the difference (didn't account for the solid frozen factor)

Third one was penetration into a foam block (not factoring in that foam compacts only so far, which both types achived)

Final one, which they were getting sick of by this time, they fired them into several panes of glass sandwiched together. The thawed ones broke a few panes but were generally intact, the frozen ones gave an effect of a cannonball.

Their chicken cannon will never be used again. (the cannon itself was remade for the water bomber myth, and the pressure tank became the sharammer, the cockpit for the hairgel myth, and something else that eludes me at the moment.

Yes, I watch the show a lot. Does it show?
                                I AM the evil bastard!
                                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                                X