This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you do to the bagger?

About a week ago I met with some of my family for breakfast and the subject of cashiers and baggers came up. I used to be a cashier who had to bag also. My sister-in-law was complaining that the last time she went grocery shopping the bagger had squished her bread. So I asked her, "What did you do to the bagger?"

She looked at me kind of strange and I asked her again, "What did you do to the bagger?"

I reminded her that just as you don't piss off people who serve you food at a restaurant, you don't piss off baggers who bag your bread. Baggers know how to bag groceries and the only reason her bread was squished is because she must have done something to piss the bagger off.

"So, what did you do to the bagger?"

She wouldn't answer - not even to say she hadn't done anything to him/her.

I told them, when I was cashiering the only time I would squish a customer's bread is when they would refuse to take the loaded bags off the carousel and put them in their cart themselves. That meant I had to stop, go around to their cart and load their f__king bags, usually more than once because those carousels only hold so much. This slows down the line and slows down my IPH (we were timed and required to work at a fast pace or get written up.) Everytime this happened, the first thing that went in the cart was the bread and everything else was piled on top!

Then my other sister says that her husband is always an ass to the cashiers/baggers and their bread is always squished.

Now she knows why!

Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

Nice. I think I've done that once or twice, usually because the SC is ordering me around like their personal slave. It's good of you to inform your family of the fact that damaged bread is often directly tied to customer suckiness. Hopefully, now the bagger won't get abused when they come through the line, and, well...your sister-in-law will again be able to make proper sandwiches.
    Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

So, that's why I got all the asshole customers. I never squished their bread when they were being assholes to me.

::sigh:: Sometimes I'm just too nice.
      Desk-On: Apply directly to the forehead.

Comment

That's what happens when I get asses in drive-thru. Put a few marks on the cheeseburgers, rattle around boxed burgers good, spill half the fries into the bottom of the bag...
        Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Quoth Acolyte View Post
          That's what happens when I get asses in drive-thru. Put a few marks on the cheeseburgers, rattle around boxed burgers good, spill half the fries into the bottom of the bag...
          Best one I've found to do is to bang a milkshake down hard on a counter before handing it out with a big smile.
          It knocks all the air out and makes it nigh on impossible to suck through the straw. Tis fun watching the SC turn blue trying to suck it.

Comment

Quoth Linda View Post
            bang a milkshake down hard on a counter
            I wonder if this will be picked up by an SC-friendly site as another cause for demanding that food be redone?
            I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

Quoth Acolyte View Post
              I like my fries in the bottom of the bag. Those ones always taste the best!
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Acolyte View Post

Mmm, drive through bottom of the bag french fries! Still greasy when you nibble on them, but frozen cold, too, no matter how hot it is outside.
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                  Mmm, drive through bottom of the bag french fries! Still greasy when you nibble on them, but frozen cold, too, no matter how hot it is outside.
                  I like my fries cold... I eat them last, not even warm.... and squished flat

and no im not kidding.... I take the napkin and squish them flat one at a time...

thats what your thinking isnt it
                  I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Yes, I'm thinking that.

I'm also thinking I want to find out where Linda works, order a shake, and piss her off. Sounds yummy.

I know I'm not a mod, but I wonder if a reminder that we do not condone actions against SCs is a good idea? Although you're not advocating violence or bodily fluid revenge, I'm pretty sure any kind of playing with their food in revenge for SC-ness is frowned upon.

Comment

The only thing that pisses me off enough to sabotoged a grocery order, is when I start bagging up an order, and halfway through the customer decides its a good time to let me know that they want paper bags. Normally, I would just bag whats left in paper,& hand them a couple paper bags to rebag the other stuff themselves. Usually, they just let me finish the order in paper and shut up. A few times though, I have had customers, of course wait until I've already bagged most of their stuff, then demand that I rebag everything in paper. Allrighty then. You want paper? While bagging their ribeyes into a paper bag, somehow a small hole gets peirced into the corner of the plastic shrink wrap. Ooops! While putting their paper bag into their cart, I really have no clue if the blood and juices from their meat is absorbing into the bottom of their precious paper bag. And by the time they get home, and they lift it out, it might just fall clean out the bottom!
                      ....oh my!
                      WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Quoth Linda View Post
                        Best one I've found to do is to bang a milkshake down hard on a counter before handing it out with a big smile.
                        It knocks all the air out and makes it nigh on impossible to suck through the straw.
                        Sad thing is, I LIKE my shakes like that.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                          Yes, I'm thinking that.

I'm also thinking I want to find out where Linda works, order a shake, and piss her off. Sounds yummy.
                          No longer a McDonald's worker I'm afraid. Although if you want moustaches drawn on each of your photos as I develop them, I'm your girl!

Comment

Quoth batmoody View Post
                            ...While bagging their ribeyes into a paper bag, somehow a small hole gets peirced into the corner of the plastic shrink wrap. Ooops! While putting their paper bag into their cart, I really have no clue if the blood and juices from their meat is absorbing into the bottom of their precious paper bag. And by the time they get home, and they lift it out, it might just fall clean out the bottom!
                            ....oh my!
                            Ooh, you're creative. I've done that by accident, but never on purpose.

Yeah, asking for paper halfway through is bad enough, but demanding a re-bag of everything? That's when the gloves come off. Their soft and bruisable produce gets buried under milk jugs at that point. And meat juices will not be willfully contained. And SCREW putting the eggs up on the top part of the basket like I always do for the nice customers.

At that point, they have stepped over the line, because to wait that long to make that request, then demand that we waste our time "fixing" it, they've deliberately messed with us, and that is wrong. They no longer deserve the best customer service. They really deserve a foot in the arse, but unfortunately, the SM would have a heart attack.
                            Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

Don't do it!

While I do agree with the original poster's idea of explaining to the customer *why* we do the things we do, I've got to say that I'm really against the concept of getting revenge on SCs.

If a customer is being an SC, the best thing I think one can do is to take the high road, continue to provide a high level of service and hope that a manager is watching.

Getting revenge only serves three purposes:
                              - It makes SCs even worse SCs (because in their mind, you did it because you are stupid, lazy, etc., and this just serves to further reinforce their SC mindset).
                              - It creates a negative impression of your store's services and products, especially if non-SCs are around when the SC gets home with his/her groceries, food, etc.
                              - It gets you fired. 'Nuff said.
                              "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                              -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Working...
                              X