X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And how obscure can we get today?

Confident, are we?

SC: "I don't know the book name, or the author. But I know what edition it is!! It was a 5th edition!!"

Oh for god sakes, just say it!!

C: Yeah, i'm looking for....um....I....erm.....You know when a woman and a man....um, do it.....they do it.....
    Me: Sex books?
    C: Shhhh!!!
    Me: *makes him follow me, points them out*
    C: No, don't point it out!!
    Me: Look, here it is. *leaves*

Guy then spends an astonishing 1 hour just looking at the spines. And then quietly leaves.

Proof Wikipedia has assimilated the world...

C: Yeah, do you have the print version of Wikipedia?
    Me: An encyclopedia?
    C: NO!! I mean Wikipedia!! Not the encyclopedia!!
    Me: Next door has internet cafe, 10 cents a minute. Copies are 5 cents each.

And overheard in the store...

Guy: Can you believe it? That stupid recruiter trashed my papers because he saw that Zeon logo on my shoulder!!

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post

C: Yeah, i'm looking for....um....I....erm.....You know when a woman and a man....um, do it.....they do it.....
    C: Shhhh!!!
    Me: *makes him follow me, points them out*
    C: No, don't point it out!!
    Me: Look, here it is. *leaves*

Guy then spends an astonishing 1 hour just looking at the spines. And then quietly leaves.
    How old was this poor boy?

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
      How old was this poor boy?
      20's-30's.

Comment

Proof Wikipedia has assimilated the world...

C: Yeah, do you have the print version of Wikipedia?
        Me: An encyclopedia?
        C: NO!! I mean Wikipedia!! Not the encyclopedia!!
        Me: Next door has internet cafe, 10 cents a minute. Copies are 5 cents each.
        Wiki will have fully assimilated the world when my prof accepts it as a citation source.

Comment

I wonder how much Wikipedia will cost if he prints every page?

Comment

What on earth is a Zeon logo? I am afraid to google it.

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
              What on earth is a Zeon logo? I am afraid to google it.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeon

Comment

wow......um......he actually got a tattoo for that.....um....yeah.

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post

wow......um......he actually got a tattoo for that.....um....yeah.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...9619753004.png

Comment

Bah...it should be Jion. Someone's been watching the watered-down english version.

</Subtitle Bigot Off>

Sieg Jion!

</Subtitle Bigot Off /I MEAN IT!>
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Nice blending of the two topics, BTW.

Comment

Actually, the symbol looks like it would make for a pretty wicked looking tattoo.

As for the whole zion vs jion thing, well. Unless the creator has specificially said it's supposed to be one or the other, either one is pretty much equally valid.

After all, the actually spelling for the kindom in Bastard! is "Metaricana" and we all know it's actually supposed to be Metallicana, being a heavy metal reference and all.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
                          Wiki will have fully assimilated the world when my prof accepts it as a citation source.
                          my profs will accept it... does that mean the world is only half assimilated?
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I clicked the link, it started to open in a new tab, and I swapped back over here, and got a sudden inkling of what Zeon is, I wouldn't have recognized it in random conversation, though. I had (Emphasis HAD!) a friend who tried his damnedest to get me to watch any of the Mobile Suit series he owned (he had most of them at the time, plus a handful of the movies), every single time we got together to do whatever. He also regularly 'friended' me in Battle.net StarCraft games, would build up to protect my base, presumably until I got on my own feet, and then he'd go out and decimate the computer opponent, and turn off friending, and my base would be gone immediately. Along with his sudden, adamant denial of my religious beliefs, he has since found himself staring down the icy barrel of my 'Going to kill you now' look.

Oh, right... forgot to add... *hands her anime geek badge over to Geek King*
                            Last edited by Imogene; 10-27-2007, 04:29 AM. Reason: Regime change
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Confident, are we?

SC: "I don't know the book name, or the author. But I know what edition it is!! It was a 5th edition!!"
                              What it is it with these morons who think that regular book stores have their textbooks? In Sandy Eggo ther are three colleges of any significance. The morons who call me looking for their textbooks are all from San Dieg State, which is pretty much a party school.

Wow, I have people coming up to the counter asking for the BDSM books all the time without batting an eye.
                              Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Working...
                              X