Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand... you don't have money for one lunch to come in to work to earn the money for many lunches?
    Just go to work and bring a granola bar you silly jerk and then after payday you can have so many lunches there won't be enough days in the week for it.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
      SC: "I'll call back later then, bitch!"
      Maybe it was just a mistake in punctuation? They meant to say, "I'll call back later, then bitch!"

They were just letting you know that there would be suckiness later that you wouldn't have to deal with.

Alternatives

Me: "I'm sorry, but the property manager only handles emergencies such floods and water damage. They can't help you at this hour with a plugged toilet. Have you asked your resident manager?"
      SC: "What am I suppose to do?! Sh*t on the floor?!"

Of course not! That would be uncivilized and bestial. We would never force you to do such a thing let alone even suggest it.

Open a window and use that.
      You made me spill my chai.

They frantically hit the left and right shoulder buttons until they escaped. At which point the clerk told them all to get the fuck out now before he called the cops.
      And there went the rest of my chai.

SC: "Yeah, I cant make my shift tomorrow because I don't have lunch money.
      How does this guy think he gets his lunch money to begin with?
      Flood

Comment

Jesus Christ, Leave Me ALONE.

<utility company> is still not open so you called me back just to rant at me AGAIN. Despite the fact I have NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. We then had this conversation which literally made me head butt my desk.

Me: "It's only quarter to 5 for us here. We're on the west coast. So Pacific time."
        SC: "Where ya'll located!?"
        Me: "We're in Vancouver."
        SC: "In Cancun?"
        Me: "….no, Canada."

….Cancun? CANCUN? What the…but….the hell kind of raving idiot are you? This implies you A) Think Cancun is on the west coast of North America and/or B) You think Cancun is it's own country and it is north of you. It doesn't matter if its one or the other or both because you still fail so tragically at life that I cannot even intervene. Someone has already tracked you down and beaten you so ruthlessly with the stupid stick that any threat I may make would pale in comparison if you could even comprehend it at all.

My head hurts now. In more ways then one.
        Because I had an evil US History teacher who admitted herself that she purposefully taught regular US History like an AP course and taught her AP course like a college honors course "because I expect more from you," I had to take it in summer school. Our first quiz was for bonus points to be applied to our over-all grade at the end of the year (first hint), and it was a blank a map of all 50 states and we were to put the correct names on as many as possible. Most of the class couldn't get more than 5 (TN and a few of the surrounding states, so at least they know where they are). Many couldn't even get Alaska and Hawaii right.

I am not the least bit surprised that some under-educated citizen believes that Canada is called Cancun.

Quoth Saydrah View Post
        First fangirl comment!

*plants flag*

Seriously, a hot dog? If I move to Canada, will funny shit like that happen when I'm around?

WAHHHH nobody humps coolers with hot dogs while I'M shopping.....

....WAAAAAH.
        I think the key is to go to 7/11 at 3am.
        The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
          Is that LEGAL? I'm pretty sure where I live that if you aren't given a 30 minute lunch on every shift of 6 hours or more and two lunches on a shift of 12 hours or more the company can be cited for a violation!
          It's legal because they are asking that if anyone is willing to do so, they can. They aren't actually reducing the breaks, they were just begging for volunteers.
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth napoleana View Post
            Because I had an evil US History teacher who admitted herself that she purposefully taught regular US History like an AP course and taught her AP course like a college honors course "because I expect more from you," I had to take it in summer school. Our first quiz was for bonus points to be applied to our over-all grade at the end of the year (first hint), and it was a blank a map of all 50 states and we were to put the correct names on as many as possible. Most of the class couldn't get more than 5 (TN and a few of the surrounding states, so at least they know where they are). Many couldn't even get Alaska and Hawaii right.
            ok... i would have aced your class.... like i did mine... and screwed up your cerve, because for half the US stuff they talk about i can bring in something from someone who was there

Comment

Our first quiz was for bonus points to be applied to our over-all grade at the end of the year (first hint), and it was a blank a map of all 50 states and we were to put the correct names on as many as possible. Most of the class couldn't get more than 5 (TN and a few of the surrounding states, so at least they know where they are).
              Oh, oh good lord. When my sister and I were kids, my dad would give us blank maps of the US and we had to fill in each one by postal abbreviation. Once we could do that regularly, he (a West Virginian history teacher) moved us on to blank maps us West Virginia. We had to lable counties. Never got more than 14 or so of those, but Jesus. Why are people allowed to graduate?

Comment

Most of the class couldn't get more than 5 (TN and a few of the surrounding states, so at least they know where they are). Many couldn't even get Alaska and Hawaii right.

I am not the least bit surprised that some under-educated citizen believes that Canada is called Cancun.
                These are the same ones who think that you need a passport to visit New Mexico!
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

OK, I freely admit I would probably not get all 50 states, but I would definitely get Alaska and Hawaii...and the West Coast, probably all of the East Coast, Texas....it's really all those squarish middle states that throw me...

GK, I love the kitty. He's just adorabable .
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yeah, I aced the class with flying colors, because I'd taken the equivalent already in 5TH GRADE.

And I do think everyone got Texas. How can you not recognize a state that takes up a huge part of the country? But then again, Alaska and Hawaii are the huge freebies, too: Hawaii is the little cluster of islands that gets it's own special box because it's not attached, and Alaska's the big one that gets it's own special box that's not attached. *sigh*

I got my assignments done in 15-30 minutes and spent the rest of class drawing bad comics.
                    The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

You know, I doubt I could label most of the states, especially the tiny ones on the east cost. But I'm fairly certain I can name most of them. Does that get me any bonus points?
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Hey, those so-called "tiny" states are the easiest to label- they've got a lot more character than those square behemoths in the Midwest!
                        "When life gives you lemons, you give life a f---ing paper cut and then squeeze f---ing lemon juice on it, because life should give you something better than f---ing lemons."

Comment

I laughed in a caller's face and I'm not sure I covered my mic fast enough....

SC: "Yeah, I cant make my shift tomorrow because I don't have lunch money.

.............HAH! ....hahahahahahah! Are you SERIOUS?!

Me: "....you....what?"
                          SC: "It doesn't concur with my budget."

Ahahahahaha

Oh christ, I so wish I could be there when you get fired. That excuse wouldn't work in elementary school. Nevermind out here in the Real World(tm).
                          Wow.
                          WOW.

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it! That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard an adult say. It reminds me of a complaint I got as a waitress when the customers side of broccoli wasn't cut into small enough pieces. This complaint came from a woman who was eating off the kid's menu with her 24-year-old son. Who was also eating off the kid's menu. They were SO WEIRD.

Comment

3) Utilities were shut off. It is cold and it is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.
                            I fixed it for you.
                            Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Quoth Acolyte View Post
                              I fixed it for you.
                              HA! Brilliant! Bravo!

It may help to mention that my "Guild" in LotR:Online was "The Order of the Grue"
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Acolyte View Post
                                I fixed it for you.
                                Bravo indeed. ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X