Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone Hates Me Nobody Likes Me- Worst Jobs re: Public Loathing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chops, you sound like you work for saturn, damien if it makes you feel better, I liked most of my teachers, and I think I can compete with a lot of you, I used to work in parking enforcement. Yup, I was the guy who wrote tickets... I walked off the job after someone hit me with their car.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Slayergrrl View Post
      I work for the Police. Sadly I've heard and seen it all
      you must tell us some of the wonderful stories then

As for door to door stuff, you poor thing. I did a trial run of that, I hated it and didn't go back.
      I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

I worked at a bar for about 2 weeks, until my car was nearly totalled and I couldn't get rides to and from work. That gave me a whole new respect for anyone in the food service/bar industry, as I hated nearly every minute of the time I was there, and it was a bar I still enjoy going to. I just did not have the patience for dealing with drunken male idiots expecting things they had no right to expect, and trying to sell WAY overpriced shots to people who did not want or need them.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I work in insurance... Everybody hates insurance companies. I sell insurance policies, so is a grudge product, people buy it because the HAVE to have it not because they want it its hard to make someone feel good about buying insurance

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            It pays pretty well.
            Poor health insurance options though.
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

In college, worked for Blue Cross's military insurance department. That was wall to wall, undiluted,name-brand Suck. I also worked for a mortgage company when I was temping. Same kind of Suck. Mindless, pointless, spirit killing and brain smothering work. Filing shit nobody cared about and was never going to see or want again. It was like working in that warehouse in the last scene of Raider Of The Lost Ark.

Also, I actually worked at a telemarketer for 3 hours and 15 minutes before realizing I was doing something I couldn't ethically condone, so I quit. Don't even ask me how I got mixed up in that mess. Young and dumb is all I can say.

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
                I dunno, the military?

Nope. Can't do that anymore either. We had to attend a briefing by an attorney before we could go in country with a weapon. G_d forbid you FIRE it. That spins you into a world of paperwork, debriefings and reports that seem like they never end.

"Why?" you may ask, because of groups not wanting to hurt terrorists' feelings. It turned my rifle into a decoration. I am glad I am out.
                I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
                -The Amazing E
                Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Please tell me you weren't speaking glowingly about canvassing for the PIRG or Sierra Club.

I'm a big fan of treading lightly on the Earth, but both of those organizations are as bad as the causes they fight against.

Regards,

-A former national employment recruiter for the PIRG and Sierra Club.
                  Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

I worked at McDonalds. The minute you get that job, you may as well have ABUSE ME!! tatooed on your forehead in bright red letters. Every shift, without fail:

"I want those fries HOT!!"
                    "I want such and such toy in my son's Happy Meal!"
                    "I want a shake (yeah, nothing like a guessing game to make your day more interesting!)."
                    "I want extra sauce with my nuggets! And courtesy water! And, and, and..."

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Everyone feels the need to make you their personal bitch!!
                    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth LifeCarnie View Post
                      I'm a big fan of treading lightly on the Earth, but both of those organizations are as bad as the causes they fight against.
                      I second that. I've been to some Sierra Club meetings...and some of those folks are a bit "out there." For example, some years ago they were ranting about the environmental problems from the industries in Chester, PA. Most of the discussion centered around how those companies were "racist" for putting their factories, waste disposal plants, etc. in poor or low-income areas.

When that came up, I was like since if that's true, than every mining or mill company in SW PA was racist In reality, what happened, was as the areas declined, those who could move away did...leaving the poor folks behind.

Getting back on topic...as a news carrier, I plenty of idiots to deal with. The people who complained how the papers cost so much; the stupid kids who threw rocks or snowballs at me; the idiots who would try to steal papers, or the wagon itself...which led to one idiot getting *flattened* by it...
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                      X