This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you need a tissue!!??

This guy called in today, and he obviously had a cold or allergies or something... every time he talked, he would go "SNNNIIIFFF", and it was so gross!! Every other word he said, I got an earful of snot. Gawd!! I was about to tell him to put the phone down and get a fucking tissue!!
    Then there are the people who burp and chew their food in your ear. Another time when a call came in, I heard someone puking on the other end! At least he hung up on me before I could answer him. Some people just boggle my mind.
    "Some people are just brainless." -Words of my beloved late grandma.

You know, it's bad enough hearing my fiance do things like that when we're both at home.

I HATE hearing that stuff over the phone.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That guy sounds gross-I really hate people who do that. But what kind of job do you have where you would hear people sniffing, burping, chewing and barfing in your ear?
      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
        But what kind of job do you have where you would hear people sniffing, burping, chewing and barfing in your ear?
        Motherhood?
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Motherhood?
          What's the pay and managers like?

Rapscallion, interested

Comment

every time he talked, he would go "SNNNIIIFFF", and it was so gross!!
            You'd absolutely hate me right now I have a cold and I can't go 5 minutes without sniffling (or blowing my nose). Having a cold on top of horrible allergies is not fun at all

Comment

Throw your icky tissue away!

So I am at work the other day (not the day from hell, but an equally annoying day) when this man comes up to the register, pulls a tissue out of his pocket, blows his nose loudly, then drops it on the shelf where the receipt printer is. I politely ask him to throw his tissue away as I refuse to do it. The man gives me the standard "How dare you" face, but eventually obliges. Jesus people...what makes you think I want to handle and throw away your snot rag!
              Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

That guy sounds gross-I really hate people who do that. But what kind of job do you have where you would hear people sniffing, burping, chewing and barfing in your ear?
                Any where they can get on a phone and call us!

I remember the one when I was at Victoria's Secret Catalogue that flushed the toilet in the middle of the call!
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post

Rapscallion, interested
                  Pay? There is no pay- actually, you have to pay to be part of the team.
                  Although, ideally, you ARE the boss and you get to tell off SC's and occasionally make them stand in a corner. You can also take their candy away until they learn to behave.
                  Don't know of too many other jobs with those perks...
                  "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                  HellGate: London

Comment

Rapscallion, interested
                    Unfortunately I don't think you're biologically equipped for motherhood there Raps. If you are well... we really don't want to know
                    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

But what kind of job do you have where you would hear people sniffing, burping, chewing and barfing in your ear?
                      Wasn't there a thread a while back that had a whole discussion about things like that, along with flushing toilets and hot tubbing, plus more?
                      Unseen but seeing
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
                        Unfortunately I don't think you're biologically equipped for motherhood there Raps. If you are well... we really don't want to know
                        Sex is naught but a mindset, and adoption knows no bounds

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                        Wasn't there a thread a while back that had a whole discussion about things like that, along with flushing toilets and hot tubbing, plus more?
                        I believe that was on a previous incarnation of the boards, if memory serves me correctly.
                        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Well, I did try my hand (chest?) at wet nursing, but I gave the baby a fit of sneezing.

*sigh*

Rapscallion

Comment

Well, I did try my hand (chest?) at wet nursing, but I gave the baby a fit of sneezing.

*sigh*

Rapscallion

Maybe the furry manboobs tickled the delicate nose of the poor child?
                            Unseen but seeing
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Rapscallion, interested

It's pro bono, the managers are children and it's a sexist job, you have to be female.

Comment

Working...
                              X