This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppy dogs, air filters and a minor WTF

Some of these are from yesterday. Some from today.

Cute little puppy dog.
    Pulled a ticket for an oil change and went out to pull the car into my bay. There's a huge snarling rottweiler in the backseat.
    So I go and talk to the service writer, he tells me the dog is nice just go ahead and pull it in and get it done. So asked him if the thing was growling and barking at him when he pulled it around from the service entrance. He said no.

So we end up going to the customer.

Me: Sir, Would you mind getting your dog out of your car for me. He seems to dislike me for some reason.
    Cute Little Puppy Dog Guy: Oh, he won't bite you. He's just a cute little puppy dog!
    Me: Well he was growling and barking at me before I even got near to your car.
    CLPDG: But he's just a cute little puppy dog! He wouldn't hurt a fly!
    Me: I'm sorry sir, but I don't feel comfortable with your dog in the car. I'm going to be getting in and out of your car a few times and the way he reacted to me I'm not certain that he won't hurt me somehow.
    CLPDG: Fine I'll go get my cute little puppy dog out of my car.

We walk out to the car and he opens the door and the dog lunges at me. Now I'm standing well off about 10 feet or so away and the guy was able to catch his cute little puppy dog before he got to me.

CLPDG: Oh my Gawd! I've never seen Cutesy act this way before! He must not like you!
    Me: I would never have guessed. (We had been joking around a little when we were walking to his car)
    CLPDG: You don't have any cats do you?
    Me: Well I've got two actually.
    CLPDG: Cutesy HATES cats! He's killed two.

Nice. Well at least I have something in common with Cutesy. Maybe we can start healing our relationship from there.

Air Filters, Cabin Filters, Oil Filters, Transmission Filters and Fuel Filters

Pulled a ticket that said replace the fuel filter. Okay not a biggie, a PITA with out certain tools but I can borrow.
    Pull in the car, price out a filter and go show it to the customer. The fuel filter was ten bucks. The customer asked me why are they so expensive. Told her I don't know. Then she asks me this gem.

Filter Lady: What does a fuel filter do?
    Me: (what does the name imply?) Well, ma'am, it filters trash that gets into your gas tank like sand and dirt and helps filter some impurities in the gas itself.
    FL: Wait, it filters the gas? My husband told me it filters the air? Or maybe the oil?
    Me: (the hell?) You have several different types of filters on your car that work with various different parts of your engine and transmission. Your vehicle actually has two air filters. One that filters out dirt and dust from the air your engine needs to run, and the other is your cabin filter which does the same only it does it for you and not your engine. Your oil filter helps keep your oil clean and traps engine sludge.
    FL: Well my husband told me I need the filter that filters that stuff that looks like blood.
    Me: Oh, well, now, that would be your transmission filter. I'll go price a transmission job out for you. I'll be back in a minute.

I can understand not knowing the name of the service you need off the top of your head. But when your doing something that you have no idea what you need but someone has told you, write it down, please?

They may be ruthless bastards, but they work hard

So theres no need to let your kid run around with a knife and cut off all the balloons that those poor salesmen spent 4 hours tying to those cars. It's just not nice.

And to the salesmen. I'm a mechanic, not a balloon wrangler. I don't get paid to put balloons on cars. I get paid to work on cars. If yall pay me .1 or .2 per balloon that I tie to cars I'll be more than happy to do it. Hell, I'll do the whole lot. But don'tget pissy when you ask me to do something that I wont be paid for and I refuse.

And the WTF.

Did an oil change on a big truck. Can of skoal in the center console. Cowboy hat on the passenger side dash. A lasso lying in the back seat. Tool box in the bed and a bale hay sitting near the tailgate.

Went up front to sell an air filter. No one matched the picture in my head of the person who drove this truck. Talked to the service writer and he points me to a skinny pale kid dressed in all black with 6 inch spiked hair.

I was confuzzeld.

Quoth coldcupofjoe View Post
    Apparently, no one told that cats that the dog wouldn't hurt a fly .....
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Did an oil change on a big truck. Can of skoal in the center console. Cowboy hat on the passenger side dash. A lasso lying in the back seat. Tool box in the bed and a bale hay sitting near the tailgate.

Went up front to sell an air filter. No one matched the picture in my head of the person who drove this truck. Talked to the service writer and he points me to a skinny pale kid dressed in all black with 6 inch spiked hair.

I was confuzzeld.
      My guess is that it's Dad's truck (?) or Mom's?
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Why the hell would you leave your dog in the car while it's being serviced?! God, some people shouldn't have pets!
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Killed two cats already? Sounds like someone wants a little perma-sleep shot.

We don't need vicious pets.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Or, you know, the owner could be responsible and do some behavioral therapy with the dog, instead of killing a pet for something that's his training failure.

Said it before and I'll say it again- I've worked with animals all my life and I've met exactly two with behavioral problems so severe they needed to be put to sleep and couldn't be cured. One suicidal horse, one dog whose good nature was destroyed by dogfighting.

Of course, I'm starting to believe responsible owners only exist in some happy little commune spawned by dog forums :P I meet a new person who doesn't need pets at least once a day. Latest one being someone who forgot their dog when we had a fire drill at work- evacuated and then went, "Oops, my dog is under my desk!" (not someone in my office or I probably would have been fired for delivering epic ass chewing, as we didn't KNOW if there was a real fire or not)
            My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

But they were cats!

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
              Apparently, no one told that cats that the dog wouldn't hurt a fly .....
              If they had been flies they would have been totally safe.
              "The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
              - Nathaniel Borenstein

Comment

...which makes him a dangerous animal that should, at best, be confined to a yard at all times, and at worst be put down.

Sure this guy loves his dog, but I bet those the owners of those two cats loved them too.

F--king wanker.

Comment

to the last one maybe hes real interesting, in fact i want to meet him

Comment

FL: Wait, it filters the gas? My husband told me it filters the air? ... I need the filter that filters that stuff that looks like blood.
                    This might be true if we were living the end of time

Comment

And the WTF.

I was confuzzeld.
                      What, have you never heard of "Cowboy Punk"? It is all the rage with young people today. That and jewish rap. Kids can't get enough of this stuff! :3
                      ~ It is a beautiful day to be dizzy!

Comment

cowboy punk might sound kind of cool actually.

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
                          Latest one being someone who forgot their dog when we had a fire drill at work- evacuated and then went, "Oops, my dog is under my desk!"
                          buh.... wuh... huh????

why ?

people need to have applications to have pets

and to have children also
                          sex is like pizza. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good. - Kusanagi

Comment

Cute little puppy dog.
                            Pulled a ticket for an oil change and went out to pull the car into my bay. There's a huge snarling rottweiler in the backseat.
                            So I go and talk to the service writer, he tells me the dog is nice just go ahead and pull it in and get it done. So asked him if the thing was growling and barking at him when he pulled it around from the service entrance. He said no.

So we end up going to the customer.

Me: Sir, Would you mind getting your dog out of your car for me. He seems to dislike me for some reason.
                            Cute Little Puppy Dog Guy: Oh, he won't bite you. He's just a cute little puppy dog!
                            Me: Well he was growling and barking at me before I even got near to your car.
                            CLPDG: But he's just a cute little puppy dog! He wouldn't hurt a fly!
                            Me: I'm sorry sir, but I don't feel comfortable with your dog in the car. I'm going to be getting in and out of your car a few times and the way he reacted to me I'm not certain that he won't hurt me somehow.
                            CLPDG: Fine I'll go get my cute little puppy dog out of my car.

We walk out to the car and he opens the door and the dog lunges at me. Now I'm standing well off about 10 feet or so away and the guy was able to catch his cute little puppy dog before he got to me.

CLPDG: Oh my Gawd! I've never seen Cutesy act this way before! He must not like you!
                            Me: I would never have guessed. (We had been joking around a little when we were walking to his car)
                            CLPDG: You don't have any cats do you?
                            Me: Well I've got two actually.

Nice. Well at least I have something in common with Cutesy. Maybe we can start healing our relationship from there.
                            I can only hope this guy doesn't have any kids, because if his dog can do no wrong...

Comment

Honestly, I'm not sure he was the type to have kids. I'd be willing to bet that most of his sexual escapades didn't involve women.

Comment

Working...
                              X