This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
    On the other side of that coin, are the cashiers who will finish ringing things up, then proceed to bag said groceries and THEN go back and hit the credit button. Most often in the express lane...

I'm sure you're not one of them.

Eric the Grey
    Thats me too. Just like someone said, once i hit the button, that drawer is going to pop. And most the time I' am on the other side of my counter, loading up their cart by the time they get to that point.

So they just stand there staring at the screen
    "Did this go through or not? "
    "Am I supposed to sign somewhere?"
    "This machines not doing anything!"

As I load up their cart, I smile,
    "I havent processed it yet. I'm getting you loaded up here"

I'm not going to stand there with 15 bags of groceries on my counter (that need to be loaded up) and stare at you while you take that minute or two to enter in all your information (assuming everything goes well), so that I can press the button before I load you up.

Of course it never occurs to anyone that giving me a hand loading up would make it go a bit faster. And they are always in a hurry.
    WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Quoth chops View Post
      I can't see the point of having that message on the pad. If memory serves, as soon as it goes through, the cashier sees "CRD*" on their side of the display, making it pointless to tell the customer that. That's why I'm glad I don't work at Wally World...I'd get horribly annoyed and want to snap at anyone who would badger me like that.
      You're absolutly right, it's terribly annoying. T_T I suppose it's there incase you're cashier isn't paying attention, but I think someone like that wouldn't last very long.
      "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Comment

"It says 'please slide card'..."
        After the transaction is complete...

I hate it when the person slides their card...I've pressed the handy dandy credit button... and our slow assed computers are taking forever to process--so the customer snots..."IT must be waiting for YOU to do SOMETHING!".

"Or, we could have really slow machines...."

"oh"

When I explain to the customers, "Sure you can slide your card now, but NOTHING will happen until I finish..." it tends to stop them. But not always.

Where I work , you cannot put the gift cards, store credit (return) cards, and sometimes the visa/Amex gift cards through the little swipey thing. This confuses the hell out of them.

Blah. And yeah, I'll sometimes finish bagging before I press the credit key. Like Juwl, my counter space is this big... And they are constantly putting extra crap on the counter.
        you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          Did she also tell you she wanted everything on one bag, but didn't want the bag to be heavy?
          Nah, I bet she wanted everything bagged either alphabetically or in the order of their discovery by man.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

At B&N the cashier has to press the credit key before you can slide your card. You can do any kind of card in the card reader (member, gift, etc.), but the cashier has to hit the appropriate button first. Until then, slide all you want, it ain't gonna do you any good!
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
            X