This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should be a *WHAT?* o_O

Lady gets into line a couple days ago, muttering things like, "Maybe I look too slutty. Ahwell, it's <my hometown>, I'll blend right in." This I ignored.

She gets up to my register, still talking, and mentioned Vegas. I mention I used to live there. She looks me up and down for a moment...

"With your body, you should be a stripper."

She then proceeded to regale me with how *she* was one at age 43, and how now, at 47, she missed being on stage, but she "looks better now" than she did back then. To say the years have not been kind to her would be understating things.

I've told my bosses that if she ever returns, I'm calling one of them. I do *not* want to deal with her.

>.<

Why do I always get the weirdos?

<runs away>
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post

<runs away>
      OK. I'll post the pics of ME in a thong. LOL!!!
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        No one wants to see that!
        I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Hey, I have a couple of those! Let's share everyone! Ready?

Made ya look!
          You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

No matter what I look like, it's still offensive.

Comment

Actually, we were talking about wanting pics of an almost 50-something stripper.
              You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
                Actually, we were talking about wanting pics of an almost 50-something stripper.
                hey! I've seen a 65 year old model...she looked GOOD!!! I was working at Staples at the time, and working a register, I was double checking the count on the copies to ring them up and saw they were all "profile" pictures...basically full body at various angles. she really looked good for her age, and very proper! very nice too...she saw my confused look over the pictures and told me something (at the time) that I didn't know...that there are talent agencies that look for EVERY type of person to be a model...

oh and to scare you all....HERES LIZZY!!!

just kidding!!! My picture has been banned from public viewing ><
                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

There's a reason they don't have a lot of lights in strip clubs.

Comment

Others might be nice .. but >I< want to see pics of women who would look good naked!

Of course, I'd never say that to someone's face ... especially someone I don't know. How rude of that woman to do that.

I've commented that someone should be a MODEL before. But, that's the extent of it. Short version: 15 years ago I was taking some junk from my house to the dump. One of the female workers there was stunning. Just gorgeous, amazing posture, the works. She was really out-of-place in the town dump. I just couldn't help but say "you should be a model".
                    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Regaurdless, it was still inapropriate, she was probably looking for an excuse to brag about herself. People shouldn't have to take this kind of shit at work, from customers, co-workers, or anyone else. I think you'd be justified in calling a manager if she comes back.
                      "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

It was meant as a compliment. Albeit a crude and inappropriate one, but a compliment nonetheless. AND from someone who claims to have once been in the industry. Just hope she's not judging you by the same standard she judges herself.

/flees
                        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

ok, not trying to fratch, and I know this stance seems a bit out of character for me, but imagine if the same exchange had taken place with a 400lb fat guy that hadn't showered in days, still had mustard on his face and shirt from his last meal, and was leaning a little too far over the counter? Sure it may have been meant as a compliment, but would it have been welcome?

Sorry guys, but while I do have a diverse sense of humor, one of my sisters and a few of my friends are a little sensative about these situations so I feel the need to stick up for the OP
                          "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Oh dear, what have I started?
                            I AM the evil bastard!
                            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth dispatch View Post
                              but imagine if the same exchange had taken place with a 400lb fat guy that hadn't showered in days, still had mustard on his face and shirt from his last meal, and was leaning a little too far over the counter?
                              Well, see, that's where you really need the whole story and to take it in context.

Coming from someone that's just looking for some excuse to brag about herself, you can just shrug it off as nothing more than a compliment meant for the sole purpose of opening the conversation. I can't imagine any context in which this was some pervy conversation unless it came around to another topic.

That whole "unattractive, unwashed, pervy guy" comparison is misleading, because that guy wouldn't have said the same thing. He wouldn't be trying to use a compliment to work around to talking about himself in a similar situation.

But if he did, I'd be very, very disturbed...

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X