This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seanette View Post
    I think all these nice bonuses are well worth the cost of shipping.
    *nod* I do tend to frequent small local stores, but for the stuff I could get anywhere (or the obscure CD/book/etc), it's Amazon.

All my fun holiday music (Tom Lehrer, Dr. Demento, Weird Al etc) is on Navi which is in NM (maybe I could have my dad copy that "My Music" folder to a CD or two and send it to me...or if I could get SSH working I could just grab it that way).

I seem to recall the title of that Chevrolet song being "Rust and Smoke" but I could be wrong.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind View Post
      I can't remember the title, but I think it's "Rusty Chevrolet" to the tune of Jingle Bells.
      Rust and smoke
      The heater's broke
      The door just blew away
      Oh what fun
      It is to drive
      This rusty Chevrolet, hey!!

One of my all-time favs.

ETA: To clarify the title, I have a tape where it's listed as "Rusty Chevrolet", but it's a handwritten mix tape, so it's not definitive proof, but still pretty good.

Comment

My eternal sympathies go to employees of a certain Deep South retailer. I'm sure the Christmas music in the Christmas section was not only set to repeat at a certain interval but also was on sale there for low, low prices. There were at least two workers there when I walked in, so I know for sure that at least 2 other people were inflicted with "Baby's First Christmas". At least I had the freedom to run screaming away- they were stuck there. If I had heard the whole song, and it had "stuck" in my head.... I think the only way to get it out would have involved a bullet.

For my holiday music, I try to find non-vocal small ensemble recordings. George Winston did a nice piano album, and the Canadian Brass and Dallas Brass have some seasonal stuff floating around.
        "Them boys ain't zombies! They're just stupid!"

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
          Rust and smoke
          The heater's broke
          The door just blew away
          Oh what fun
          It is to drive
          This rusty Chevrolet, hey!!

One of my all-time favs.

ETA: To clarify the title, I have a tape where it's listed as "Rusty Chevrolet", but it's a handwritten mix tape, so it's not definitive proof, but still pretty good.
          All right! Da Yoopers!
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
            There have been items saying, "Will pick up tomorrow" with no date as to when they item was set in my warehouse.
            My solution in that case would be to write the date you found the item on the note, and then put it back on the floor after a reasonable duration from that date (in this case, two days from the day you found it).
            "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
            -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Working...
            X