X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christ-on-a-cracker.

That's a new low, my friends.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

How much does cable cost again?

I know cable can get quite expensive at times, so lets say $60 a month. For 15 years.

$10,800.

Thats grand theft and then some.

Your spineless supervisor just rewarded someone for committing a felony.

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
        How much does cable cost again?

I know cable can get quite expensive at times, so lets say $60 a month. For 15 years.

$10,800.

Thats grand theft and then some.

Your spineless supervisor just rewarded someone for committing a felony.
        Not only that, but linguini-for-backbone can also be prosecuted as an accessory after the fact, not to mention obstructing justice.

Tip off the higher-ups. They are less likely to take kindly to a thief.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

When the hell did it become so hard to just say "No"? I do it every day. You bitch about gas prices I tell you I had to drive to work, you want something for free or using my "discount" I tell you sure if you want to pay my bills and feed me, you say you'll never come back I say good.

If you curse at my associates I throw you out and tell you in plain English that if you come back you will be arrested for tresspassing.

If my assocaites tell you that you can't have something for free, return something a year after purchase, etc and you come to me wanting me to override them I tell you, "Not happening."

If you tell me you want to talk to my supervisor I tell you I am the supervisor and if you then want to speak to a manager I tell you good luck because they are going to back me because they would rather piss you off than listen to me bitch.

No. It is two letters, one syllable, and the same in Spanish as in English.

Comment

Quoth LewisLegion View Post
            Ensue much screaming and cursing. CoW told her there was nothing we could do and terminated the call.

Turns out customer called in to the call center and screamed and cussed out about four people before recieving a supervisor. Apparently, the EW's favorite KIND of supervisor...the one with a spine of jello.

So fully aware the customer had a pending install, had been getting free cable illegally for 15 years and had been legitamately cut off from her illegal hook-up, the supe:

Gave her four months free service...

CREDITED her an additional two months service...

Moved her install up to priority same day...

And gave her free premium channels.
            Screaming EW still got her way and then some because of the spineless supervisor, despite the fact that she's been having illegal cable hooked up to her house for 15 years?!!! That's just bullshit.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Big-box, will you marry me?
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                This is a new low in management.

A little bit of me has died today.
                Just a little? Because a lot of me just died. My gods, what happens when she goes to McDonalds??
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                  Just a little? Because a lot of me just died.
                  I'm fairly jaded, what with my job and these boards I'm reasonably jaded, but even *that* shocked me.
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I am simply speechless.

Comment

I'm just simply mind boggled by what that sup did. I am so sick of working for these kinds of people and I hope that at my new job when we get a new store manager that they are not like that.
                      Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                        Big-box, will you marry me?
                        I'm a Michigan Wolverine fan and you being in Ohio and possibly a Buckeye's fan would be a tremendous obstacle to overcome.

Comment

Quoth Big-box-retail-blues View Post
                          I'm a Michigan Wolverine fan and you being in Ohio and possibly a Buckeye's fan would be a tremendous obstacle to overcome.
                          That reminds me of a commercial on ESPN I saw some years ago.

It was a guy in a Michigan t-shirt and a girl in an Ohio State shirt, snuggling and smooching and saying sappy love things to each other.

Then the caption said "Without sports, this wouldn't be disgusting."
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

One of my favorite commercials ever.

Comment

Report his ass.

Comment

Quoth LewisLegion View Post
                                What I find the most amusing is the ones that call in after they've been stealing our cable for so long they FORGET they're stealing it...they have an interruption and call us about it, and when we point out they don't have a paying account with us, hang up quickly. And we then happily send the security department out to their address to take care of their illegal hookup.

I've had those calls, and done exactly that. Best one was a screamer that was mad *some* of his upper channels were out..he was only paying for limited basic, in his area the first 9 channels. I told him his options, I send a tech out to make sure he only gets the services he pays for, or he signs up for the next package and I send a tech to fix them. He hung up with "Lets just forget I called..I need to think". I sent a tech out to to make sure he was ony getting what he was paying for.

I've also come to the conclusion that the crazier they are and the more they scream, the more supervisors cave, I've had more then a few of those..one that even refused to get off my phone (or yell or swear, so I couldn't hang up on her) she just kept repeating "That is unacceptable, that is not the answer" until a supervisor caved and gave her what she wanted.. a tech out because she was going against her TOS and using her RESIDENTIAL connection for BUSINESS reasons and wanted her service back up and a guarentee of it not giong out (because she was losing so much money ), it had been out less then 30minutes. Techs were so backlogged we had EXPLICIT instructions to not force any jobs into the schedule..we were offering her 10 hours at most downtime till it was fixed..but she wasn't having it..and she got her way..an over-worked tech was given one more job to do.

My other two in one were people on promotions that weren't paying for the first year of a service but wanted credits for it.. I refuse to credit free, flat out refuse and I will say "If you were paying for it I would credit the account, but I will not credit free" they went to supervisors, one got a credit, one got a DVR free for a year..

(Keeping with my wordy post..)
                                I did have a supervisor not give in..I told her she was my hero.. Woman refused to let a tech in her house, but kept calling saying her service was out. She'd make an appointment, get a credit, then cancel the appointment, the only appointment she kept the tech notes said everything was OK and it was billable (meaning no problem on our end).. Then she got me and I refused to credit her until a tech came out and verified there was a problem and it was fixed. I said I couldn't, she said "I know you can, everybody gives me credits" we went round and round like that till she finally asked for my supervisor..supervisor didn't cave
                                Everything is great when you're a kid, then you grow up and suddenly you're afraid of the monkey bars...

Comment

Working...
                                X