This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not even really our customer but still sucky

Guest: yea Dave, we just drove down here and wanted to look at property and they wont let us through the security gate

Me: it is a private gated community, I cant write you a pass

Guest: just f___ing wonderful, I drove eight hours for nothing

Me: I am sorry

Guest: well can we be compensated for the gas?

Me: no sir

Guest: but nowhere on your website does it say, I wont be allowed in the gate or that you dont write passes

Me: did someone tell you we would write you a pass?

Guest: No but you should have that on the website

Me: sorry

Guest: well we are tired, can we book a place for the night?

Me: for how many nights?

Guest: just tonight

Me: its a two night minumum

Guest: well dont you think you should be trying to accomodate us?

Me: well lemme check with my manager

(ok now, I didnt mind at least letting him stay for the one night and the manager authorized it but it gets better)

Me: ok I did get approval for you to stay for only one night even though we dont normally allow it and this is your rate

Guest: wait a minute, you expect me to pay for it

Me: yes sir

Guest: get your manager on this phone now

The manager had a spine for once.....she told the guy she made an exception by allowing a one nignt stay but he was paying for it. She said the guy threw a hissy fit and said he was suing for false advertising and all.

"Assuming" and "False advetising" are two different things you twat!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

He actually expected you to give him a free rental?

Seriously?!

Comment

Awful lotta assumptions on the part of cabbage-head, there. Surprised he was ABLE to drive eight hours!

Comment

Really bad assumptions on the guys part. Where would anyone come up with the idea that just because they drove there out of their way that the company owes them anything? Oy.

Though I do have to ask, does the website state that passes are needed to enter the grounds? A little blurb might prevent that from happening again. Maybe. One never knows with SC's.
          "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

He could've called instead of driving up there for 8 hours like a dumbass, then again anything that makes sense isn't allowed.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
              anything that makes sense isn't allowed.
              As much as I really, really love that line, it's really getting old. And I've been a member for only a few months. How on earth can you all deal with such sheer asshattery and idiocy and obnoxiousness and ... ? Well you get the idea.

Good thing I work in an office and that most of my antagonists are pieces of code.
              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                How on earth can you all deal with such sheer asshattery and idiocy and obnoxiousness and ... ? Well you get the idea.
                You get numb to it after a while. I think it's the pieces of your soul dying, but I don't know for certain.
                Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

Nobody drives 8 hours without talking to someone on the phone first. That guy was full of it.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                    The manager had a spine for once.....she told the guy she made an exception by allowing a one nignt stay but he was paying for it. She said the guy threw a hissy fit and said he was suing for false advertising and all.

I'm glad that the manager was able to find a spine. Would it be too much to hope that the manager keeps it?
                    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

O_o
                      besides, it's not like the phone # to the office isn't on the web page. They COULD have called up and saved 8 hours of driving and gas by just picking up a phone...

but nope... and it's all their fault for not planning ahead
                      *rolls eyes*

Comment

If I drove 8 hours it would be for an actual vacation, not just to look at somewhere I might possibly, maybe want to stay on vacation.

Also 8 hours there = 8 hours back, so I'd be damn sure to have arranged somewhere to stay.

Moron.
                        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Ah good ol twisted SC logic.

Someone needs to tell him you can't false advertise something that was never advertised to begin with.
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Guest: yea Dave, we just drove down here and wanted to look at property
                            Guest: just f___ing wonderful, I drove eight hours for nothing
                            Nobody drives eight hours just to look at a vacation rental property. This guy was trying to scam you for sure. Kudos to your manager for standing up to him.

Comment

I have to admit that a mate of mine and I flew to Amsterdam and then looked for somewhere to sleep. That was a hoot.

We got the last one

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X