Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

halfway done the weekend....and guns eh?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• halfway done the weekend....and guns eh?

Bleh had a few annoying ones today and yesterday

First off, minor nuisance, but not a horrible thing. The computer messes up when im trying to place an order so it ends up taking an hour and a half. No huge biggie couse my coworker and i helped this copuple get a lot off their purchase (legitly haha) and they where fine waiting a little. Then along comes crazy lady. Walkes up to me and says 'where is my tv?' i kind of look at her as im in the middle of a transaction and obviously helping other customers. I say 'ummm who are you?' she goes 'my name is **** i talked to you on the phone yesterday and placedf a TV on hold now where is it?'

Interesting facts come into play here. 1) this wasnt my department and 2) i didnt work the day before (and 3) i kinda didnt give a shit when a pissy customer comes in hehe)

So i tell her i didnt work the day before and i was just in home electronics because my major home fashions till was down and i can get the home electronic associate to help her.

This is followed by the home E guy comin up and she swings to him and says 'so i talked to YOU yesterday now where is my TV!?'

Home E guy goes 'ummm i didnt work yesterday.....'

Turns out that the person she HAD talked to is an associate on the verge of being fired for not following any procedures and basically not being a good employee.

This is when i exit the picture and the rest is from what i hear. Apparently after about 10 minutes of searching they find the TV and get it loaded up to be carried out. By now the crazy lady was going on about my co-worker who helped me with my transaction and telling other associates to attack her after work then when they finally get the tv to her car she flips over the backseat only to reveal her husbands shotgun. very very illigal and pretty scary for our 15-17 yr old stock guys......

sigh* hope we never see her again plz plz plz

(sorry for any grammer or just not makin sense....9 hour shift and all i have managed to eat is a 50c noodle package....)
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

I think I can let ya slide on the grammar . . . . I know how it is after working a long shift. I used to go into work sometimes at 6 in the morning and not get off until sometimes 8 or 9 at night . . .

Comment

hehe yesterday i got up at 5:30 went to college got off at around noon went to work closing shift got dragged out to the bar got hammerd up till 3 got up at 7 worked 9 hour shift and here i am haha 8 pm

Comment

If the woman had an illegal gun in her car illegally, I hope someone got her license plate info...

(Off the MAIN topic...you should've gotten ramen noodles...not more than 25 cents each...at the VERY most...)
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

yes we told the stock guys they should have but it was covered with mud and they are younguns....so we kinda let it slide

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            If the woman had an illegal gun in her car illegally, I hope someone got her license plate info...

(Off the MAIN topic...you should've gotten ramen noodles...not more than 25 cents each...at the VERY most...)
            Ramen around here is .09 a packet or the cheap ones I eat are.

As to the gun, unless it was loaded then what was there to be afraid of? The OP didn't say which state this took place in, but there's not a state in the union where you can have a un-loaded gun in the car. How would one transport it to go hunting or target shooting? I understand some folks don't like guns but being afraid of one that is just laying there is (IMHO) unreasonable and no different than being afraid of a coffee mug.
            Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
              As to the gun, unless it was loaded then what was there to be afraid of?
              There is no way the stock boy could have known if the rifle was loaded or not, with what was probably just a quick glance. And, I believe, the law states you can only carry a rifle in your vehicle if you are going straight towards whatever hunting area you frequent, and that it can not be loaded. If the rifle was loaded and the driver hit a large bump or pothole in the road, the rifle could accidentally go off, which is very unsafe. Most smart people who go hunting, keep the rifle sepereate from the shells. By the way, 'gun' refers to hand guns, which I believe are illegal to own? Not sure about that, though. It's perfecting fine to be afraid of guns. The stock boy could have had a traumatic experience with one, or just be afraid of weapons in general. If I was loading something into a customers vehicle and saw a weapon laying there, I would load up their item(s) as quickly as possible, memorize their licence plate, and high-tail my butt back into the store to call the cops on the plate. Just my two cents, though.
              Last edited by Ree; 10-01-2006, 04:10 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Quoth Department stores *sigh* View Post
                By now the crazy lady was going on about my co-worker who helped me with my transaction and telling other associates to attack her after work
                Quoth Tanasi View Post
                As to the gun, unless it was loaded then what was there to be afraid of?
                I believe the above section of the OP is why they were scared. The way this lady was carring on, she might have decided to have a little "fun" brandishing it, and I doubt she's cautious enough to a) not carry a loaded weapon, and b) keep her finger off the trigger.

Guns don't kill people. Stupid, unbalanced idiots with random guns kill people.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Hello, I'll more formally introduce myself in the new members section in a few but suffice to say I have lurked here for a bit and finally decided to join with this thread.

I'll agree that her attitude and behavior wouldnt have exactly made me comfortable either, but the mere presence of a firearm on the back seat (or under it, though that is technically illegal) is not really grounds for a panic attack here in the states. (I live in rural Ohio USA)

The way the law is here I can carry a handgun (which BTW "gun" by itself is military parlance for field artillery so if you say you are carrying a "gun" to the wrong military person you can get quite a funny look.) or other firearm in public in the open in your car (some of my friends still have gun racks in their pickups) as long as it is unloaded and the ammunition is not readily accessable.

I find it kinda funny the way attitudes differ on firearms. I mean my local store where I've bought several of my firearms have let me walk through the store (it also sells clothes, hardware and dry goods) with my .45acp pistol and asked me if I needed any ammo. (of course when I asked them if they where concerned if someone would try to load it there the guy reached under the counter and pulled his double barrel shotgun while his partner drew his .357 from his concealed carry holster. so this store has never had a successful robbery in the duration that i can remember while it was open.) One of the joys of living in a rural area I guess.

Sorry to be so non sequiter like this and all but as an NRA life member I just wanted to point that out that firearms are nothing more than a tool, but if a fool is handling a tool then you can have some major snafu.

Comment

My question would be, "Why does the lady needs a shotgun to go grocery shopping?" Time to call the cops....
                    Last edited by pbmods; 10-01-2006, 02:10 PM. Reason: Grammatical Errors
                    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

alright to clear things up with the story as im more awake now.
                      1. I live in canada =P to carry a gun is illigal. You can have licensed firearms in the vehicle stored away in the trunk for hunting and such. Thats pretty much it.
                      2. The lady had her mother with her (this i forgot to mention) and as the story goes her mother asked if it was loaded and the crazy lady replied with 'o probably my husband just went hunting' (remember this is the part that i heard, i cant verify)
                      3. By me using the term 'gun' i kinda meant something larger. I believe they saw a shotgun but remember i wasnt there and i didnt wanna start going on about some super powered high calibre AA rifle or something so i just stuck with gun. The kids are trustworthy as far as seeing a firearm but as to what kind im not to sure

But yah the illigal part is just having a gun in the backseat. Here just that is illigal =P

sorry hunting season is not over. even so =P
                      Last edited by Department stores *sigh*; 10-03-2006, 02:03 AM. Reason: grammer and more info

Comment

Ah that does clear things up. Being illegal in and of itself and her attitude does not make for a comfortable situation.

But then again as long as she didnt grab it and brandish it around or anything really outrageous I'd probably have just chalked it up to trying to play a stupid mindgame with the kids.

Comment

Quoth Department stores *sigh* View Post
                          alright to clear things up with the story as im more awake now.
                          1. I live in canada =P to carry a gun is illigal. You can have licensed firearms in the vehicle stored away in the trunk for hunting and such. Thats pretty much it.
                          2. The lady had her mother with her (this i forgot to mention) and as the story goes her mother asked if it was loaded and the crazy lady replied with 'o probably my husband just went hunting' (remember this is the part that i heard, i cant verify)
                          3. By me using the term 'gun' i kinda meant something larger. I believe they saw a shotgun but remember i wasnt there and i didnt wanna start going on about some super powered high calibre AA rifle or something so i just stuck with gun. The kids are trustworthy as far as seeing a firearm but as to what kind im not to sure

But yah the illigal part is just having a gun in the backseat. Here just that is illigal =P

o and also.....hunting season is over haha
                          I'm not up on the laws in Canada so I'll take your word on the legalities of transport. The type of firearm would be dependent upon what type of hunting was/has being conducted. I wouldn't carry a rifle to bird hunt and I certainly wouldn't tote a scatter-gun on a bear hunt. I agree that it's unsafe to transport a loaded gun or at least with one in the chamber. But I would never freak about seeing one unless it's pointed at me and then we enter a whole other realm.
                          I guess I'll never understand the whole fear of in-antimate objects. I've been around 100's of thousands of firearms and I've yet had one to jump up and shoot me by itself.
                          About hunting season in Canada, it's not over it's just getting started, I have a bear/caribu hunt scheduled the latter part of this month on the Al/Can border.

Well to each his own.
                          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post
                            Sorry to be so non sequiter like this and all but as an NRA life member I just wanted to point that out that firearms are nothing more than a tool, but if a fool is handling a tool then you can have some major snafu.
                            Exactly. Guns, by themselves, haven't killed anyone. Like a car, respect must be given to their awesome power. Those who *abuse* such power, are usually those who cause accidents.

Since my father, and various relatives hunt...I've gotten somewhat used to guns (mostly shotguns and rifles) being around. I've also fired a few handguns (a .38 and a .357) as well with my uncle's dad. Because of that, a gun, unless pointed in my general direction, doesn't scare me. While I'm at it, I should mention that all of the guns my family had were *always* kept locked up, with the ammo locked up in a separate place.
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                              Exactly. Guns, by themselves, haven't killed anyone. Like a car, respect must be given to their awesome power. Those who *abuse* such power, are usually those who cause accidents.

Since my father, and various relatives hunt...I've gotten somewhat used to guns (mostly shotguns and rifles) being around. I've also fired a few handguns (a .38 and a .357) as well with my uncle's dad. Because of that, a gun, unless pointed in my general direction, doesn't scare me. While I'm at it, I should mention that all of the guns my family had were *always* kept locked up, with the ammo locked up in a separate place.
                              I have to agree with this. I grew up in a family in which hunting was part of the normal routine, and contributed a fair amount to our menus. There were always guns around, NOT locked up, and at least one kept loaded in case of household intruder (not terribly likely, given that we also had a lot of dogs). I can think of no incident of accidental discharge, and the only gunshot victim I can recall in the family was a suicide (there was a lot more going on than presence of guns, and I'm quite sure that if the guns hadn't been there, my father would have found some other way). Helps when you're taught proper firearm handling from earliest memory (until I was about eight, I simply did NOT handle firearms without an adult instructing me to do so. I took hunter safety that year), such as *always* handling a gun as if it's loaded unless you have *yourself* checked it, and NEVER pointing it at anything (other than ground/floor or sky/ceiling) you do not seriously plan to shoot

Inanimate objects are not in themselves deadly, it's idiots misusing same that kills. That is, unless we're living in a Stephen King novel or an X-Files episode.
                              Last edited by Seanette; 10-02-2006, 05:25 PM. Reason: minor addition
                              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                              X