This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pee Stains

So I've been working at a second-hand store for about a month now. The majority of our stock (95%) comes in as donations, and then we sort through the donations to see what's good enough to sell. What we don't sell, we recycle.

This week, I just started learning the men's department and part of my job is to inspect the clothing before putting a price on it, to make sure that it's in good condition and that it's sellable. One of our most received items is men's dress pants. They're quite often the style that you imagine a big, stodgy CEO type to wear - navy blue, dark green or black, pleated down the front, and quite often a higher-end brand name such as Ralph Lauren. So what is our biggest reason for getting rid of large majority of these pants? Pee stains!

That's right. The white fabric around the fly is, seven times out of ten, stained yellow because these men can't be arsed to make sure their dicks are dry before they put them back in their pants after taking a leak. This is an every-day thing!

Ugh... I do sometimes think my job is one of the worst going but having to deal with things like that on a daily basis make my work seem heavenly. I'd be too embarrassed to even consider donating my underwear on if it happened to be covered in pee stains... wouldn't people think to check that sort of thing before doing it? XD

Comment

Sounds like that's where our customers esnd their clothes when my Dry Cleaner cant' get them clean.

The boss takes donations for the Sally Ann too, although we wash everything and sort it before we send it on.

Pee stains are never fun. Especially when you're the pant presser (me). Worse on dry clean only clothes as the smell WILL NOT COME OUT.
      Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Reminds me of the old Rhyme.

No matter how much you shake,

No matter how much you dance,

The last Drop will always

Fall in your pants.

Comment

Check out a product called CitraPunch. Tis beyond awesome. I had some favorite panties that got....a particularly bad stain in them. Soaked overnight in half n half of that stuff....came right out! Hell, I've gotten out stains that have been in work clothes for months and even years!
          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
            Reminds me of the old Rhyme.

No matter how much you shake,
            No matter how much you dance,
            The last Drop will always
            Fall in your pants.
            I've always liked:
            No matter how long
            You shake your peg,
            The last three drops
            Go down your leg.
            "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
            -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Quoth the_std View Post
              The white fabric around the fly is, seven times out of ten, stained yellow
              I guess it is a guy thing, but that would not gross me out at all as long as the fabric on the outside showed nothing. If I can get an expenxive, well-made pair of slacks in great shape besides that, I would not care at all what color(s) the inner fabric of the zipper looked like.
              "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
              .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

I worked for like a week in a thrift store that took donations. I had to sort all the clothing that came in as it came in. I could not believe how many people don't wash the clothing they donate the smells that came off some of these things where unbearable. I started throwing anything that smelled into a pile and asked my boss where the washing machines where at when she replied "We don't have one just hang them up our customers can wash the stuff themselves if they want it." I quit then and there and I refuse to shop in the chain of thrift stores again.

Comment

Quoth princess4life View Post
                  I could not believe how many people don't wash the clothing they donate the smells that came off some of these things where unbearable.
                  Which is why I can't go in some thrift stores. The smell made me reel.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Wait, am I missing something here? Are all these men going commando or whatever? Even if they aren't totally dry after emptying the hose, wouldn't the residue get on the undergarments and NOT the pants?

I'm not a guy so I have no idea what the heck you do in regards to visits to the john, but that just baffles me.

Comment

It's the damndest thing. I can be convinced I'm totally dry. I can even bang my Little Irv against the urinal a couple times to make sure I'm dry.

But then as I'm tucking Little Irv back in, I get a drop on my lucky rocketship underpants.

I never get stains on my pants though.

And now you know more about my peeing habits than you ever wanted to. Enjoy, kids.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Remember that men are (roughly) divided into two groups: those who wear boxers, and those who wear briefs.

Boxers usually have an open fly, presumably for easy access.

Briefs don't, but do have a double-thick panel at the front for precisely the reason of this thread.

Comment

Quoth StanFlouride View Post
                          I've always liked:
                          No matter how long
                          You shake your peg,
                          The last three drops
                          Go down your leg.
                          You can shake it, you can squeeze it,
                          you can bang it against the wall.
                          But once it's in your pants,
                          that's when the last drop will fall.

Comment

Um, guys? There's this thing called 'toilet paper'. It's REALLY useful for catching that last little drop that surface tension glues to the tip. Or so says my husband (who was royally squicked out by just the IDEA of getting a drop on his undies when I asked him about this, erm, problem).
                            What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

because these men can't be arsed to make sure their dicks are dry before they put them back in their pants after taking a leak.
                              this is also why i have an issue with guys who think they don't have to wash their hands after doing #1.

and for donating clothes... my rules are that they should be stuff that's too small, too big, or just not your style. but ratty or dirty beyond cleaning?... those should only be donated to the trash can or cut up into cleaning rags. not given to the poor... they're poor, but they deserve better things than just trash

Comment

Working...
                              X