This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunflower Seeds!

Oh, how I HATE those cursed sunflower seeds!

No, no. I take that back. I don't hate the seeds. It's the customers who eat them that bother me. It seems that none of them understand the concept of a garbage can.

Now, I can ALMOST understand them eating the sunflower seeds and spitting the shells onto the ground. After all, that's what many people do when they're outside. But that's not what happens in my store. No, these customers take extra effort to dispose of their sunflower seed shells in ANY place except the trash. I have found those seeds dumped behind product on many shelves. Today I found six separate piles. Three were on shelves behind the graphic cards, one was behind some external hard drives on the bottom shelf, one under a desk, and one on a monitor box not two feet from the trash can.

The inconsideration of it all! I have to sweep their nasty leftovers off my products and displays, then vacuum them up. It's just disgusting.

Thanks for letting me rant. I'm sure many of you know the frustration.
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

I love sunflower seeds, but I never eat them in public! That's just too gross.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what possesses a person to dump the shells in a public place. People are such pigs sometimes.

I'm only a food pig in my own house. And then I clean up the mess later. But I wouldn't act that way in public.
    This thing you call love, she smiles way too much

Comment

Ugh, that's nasty.

I can understand doing that at your home, but in public?

They need a double application of the clue by four for that sort of ick...
      Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

We had a trail of pistchio shells around the store one day....I hope they got out.

Around here, at certain times of the year, we find pinon shells!

Seriously, we'll let you use the trash can! It's free and we don't bite....hard.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
          Three were on shelves behind the graphic cards, one was behind some external hard drives on the bottom shelf, one under a desk, and one on a monitor box not two feet from the trash can.
          So, you work in a computer parts store?
          And they were just leaving food items that'd had their saliva all over them on and around sensitive electronics?

Time to implement a no-food policy in the store, methinks. And beat anyone who comes in with food.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I like Sunflower Seeds, but I have the same issue you do.

If you are eating them outside, it's pretty easy to spit the shells out. However, here in the call center, a few of my co-workers and I have gotten on a Sunflower Seed kick. I make sure my waste goes in the garbage. I just sat down at a different cube today and - YUCK - I move the keyboard - seeds - I move the radio - seeds, I take our little keyboard blower cleaner thingy and blow out - SEEDS!

YUCK!
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

The only thing worse than sunflower seeds is chewing tobacco.

When I worked for the "Most Respected Name in Teleservices" (anyone who's worked for them in the last 10yrs will know who I'm talking about) we had several employees who would chew while they were working.

I never understood it. They'd have this big wad of tobacco in their mouths, and in a middle of a call, they'd pick up the trashcan and (eww) spit. I'm sure the caller could hear the guy spitting, and I always wondered if they could understand the guy around the wad of tobacco.

I just dont understand the allure of tobacco in any form.

At least they were using a trashcan, but I hated it if I was unlucky enough to sit down next to one of these guys.

Comment

In highschool the goatropers would spit their chew into the drinking fountains.

I love sunflower seeds but I hate having to open the damn things so I buy the kernels so that I can go straight to eating them without the mess.
                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I hate the sun flower seeds. I always seem to choke on a little shell. I love the sun flower seed kernals
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Yes, I hate the sunflower seed eaters as well. They spit them on the floor, leave them on shelves, etc. It's just nasty.
                    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                    HellGate: London

Comment

yes sunflower seed eaters are awful
                      but how about chewing tobacco?
                      at my movie theater people spit out in a cup then leave it behind! often we find it while its still warm EWWW!!!

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                        In highschool the goatropers would spit their chew into the drinking fountains.
                        We had those jerks at my high school, too. They were known as the "Cowboys", they wore western clothes, walked with an exaggerated swagger, talked with the phoniest Texas drawls, and constantly chewed tobacco. There was not one square foot of spit-free sidewalk anywhere in the school. And they stuck their used chaws on the walls, other people's lockers and in the drinking fountain spigots. Needless to say, they were the least popular clique in school. The one thing the Jocks, Stoners, Nerds, Valley Girls, Punks, New Wavers and everyone else agreed on: they hated the Cowboys and their chewing tobacco!

Quoth Cia View Post
                        I love sunflower seeds but I hate having to open the damn things so I buy the kernels so that I can go straight to eating them without the mess.
                        Me too. And kernels are yummy on salads and ice cream!
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

i love the sunflower seed shells, i chew 'em up into little bits then eat them
                          DILLIGAF

Comment

I can't stand sunflower seed shells in public either. In our place, they started spitting them out - in the URINALS! I dunno, but I think someone has a sad sense of humor if they think seeing a flotilla of those things is amusing or cute.
                            Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

Ugh. Sunflower seeds. I hated those damn things after two or three years of working janitorial in a high school. For some weird reason every year (usually when "foo'bah" season started) half of the jocks would be munching on the little buggers constantly and spitting the shells everywhere. On more than one occasion I would have to sweep up around a desk that had its own little asteroid belt of husks surrounding it. I'd bitch to the teacher, but with often 35+ students in six classes per day, he understandably had other things to worry about. I was very relieved when most of the teachers in the area I was responsible for cleaning instituted a "No food in my class, period; I don't care how much you whine!" policy. Didn't stop it completely but cut it down considerably.
                              Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
                              - Robert E. Howard

Comment

Working...
                              X