X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hilarious

Guest: this is my forth call I have made and I am very upset

Me: I am very sorry

Guest: yea so am I.......they didnt tell me there was alligators on the island and I am stuck in the villa

Me: is there a gator outside your door? I can call animal control

Guest: no but I am afraid to come out in case a gator gets me or one of my kids

Me: well ma'am, the gators generally dont bother you if you dont approach them or harass them

Guest: I am too scared to come out. You need to come get me out of here and I am suing you people for this. I would have never come here had I known you had gators. I am about to hyperventilate. I need to be airlifted out of here.

Me: ma'am we cant do that

Guest: well youre gonna have to do it....I am too frightened to come out of this villa

Me: I will call security

Guest: yea and you better send your manager down here

Me: yes ma'am

This was not a prank. Security went and got the lady out and she kept saying she needed to be be airlifted because she was scared to walk outside for the gators.
    The manager gave her a full refund and sent her on her way and she says she is suing us. LOL

Riiiiiiiiiigggghhhht, an airlift for a panic attack?

Sure...
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Heh, as Security got near her villa, they should have screamed out "HELLLLLLPPPPP!! Omigawd a GATOR'S got me!! HELLLLLLLPPPPP!!!"

Mike
      Meow.........

Comment

"It's alright ma'am, the alligators are well trained, if you see one just rub his belly and it'll calm down"
        If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Let's call Steve Irwin; he'll jam his thumb in the gator's butthole and make everything all better!

I do believe this is what happens when you vacation someplace you haven't researched.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Where did this happen?

Maybe I'm just used to it, living in Florida almost my whole life. I remember when I was little there was a 6' gator that decided to nap in front of our neighbor's garage. Cops came, HANDCUFFED the gator and put it in the trunk to release it in another lake.

It my current apartment there's a small (4') gator in the pond just behind our place. We go down at night to take the trash out or go for walks without even thinking about it. We did watch it for about an hour a few months ago as it stalked a bird while two TURTLES kept harassing it until it swam away.

We SO wanted to watch it eat one of those annoying birds.

Aligators rarely attack people just walking unless they startle them, try pissing off the gators, or try feeding them. Golf courses are usually the main site, because Golfers will try to reach in close to them to get their balls back.

If they eat the occasional golfer we don't mind. It keeps the gators happy and there's plenty more golfers around.

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
              Heh, as Security got near her villa, they should have screamed out "HELLLLLLPPPPP!! Omigawd a GATOR'S got me!! HELLLLLLLPPPPP!!!"

Mike
              Haha! Awesome! Or tell her that the gators won't get her as long as she is under the bed.
              For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
              http://atriumforum.com/
              Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

She should come visit us. We have bears...and snakes...and various forms of mountain lions...and spiders. Worse yet...we have tourists!
                Certifiable Interior Designer
                (Passed the NCIDQ Exam - Summer 2008)

It's hard to shoot zombies with a cat on your lap!

Comment

Quoth Interior Desecrator View Post
                  She should come visit us. We have bears...and snakes...and various forms of mountain lions...and spiders. Worse yet...we have tourists!
                  I'll take a gator over a spider any day...
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

We've got mountain lions showing up in the suburbs. But I'm more scared of the gangsta pit bulls.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

hahaha...you tell some good stories.

airlifted huh? she would have to come out to be airlifted. i guess she wants to be airlifted through the roof.

Comment

At first I was thinking, "I can understand that, those things are bloody dangerous!"

Then I realised you were talking about aligators, and not salt-water crocodiles like we get down here Yeah, alligators are inaggressive, unless she poked one with a stick she'd have had no problem. Salties on the other hand...
                        I'm busy, you're an idiot, have a nice day

At least I shall die as I have lived; completely surrounded by morons.

Comment

Even then, if she could manage to get her hands around the alligator's muzzle, she would've been safe-ish... alligators don't have the muscle to wrench their mouths open if they're closed.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Pshht....my g-parents live in FL, they are in their late 80s, and have gators chillin in the river near their house. The one they see most often is "Ally." (they also had a bobcat named "Bobby")
                            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I am really unsurprised. I once tried to keep a camper from working herself into dry heaving hysteria over the *potential* of wolf spiders.

Oh, and if you ever read a book about a woman overcoming agoraphobia and blaming a camp in Kansas City, I am probably one of teh changed name adults in that book (different camper).

Comment

Working...
                              X