This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I'm Gay

Alright. Today has been a nice, quiet day for me. I mean, I had got so bored that I had cleaned the desk, put new “Safe-tape” on our Chip n’ Pin pads (we tape them up because we’re not allowed to use the chip n’ pin pads as card readers) Chased tech not-much-support about a credit card machine that was playing up...and was generally getting paid just to look busy. That’s the kind of day I want

Anyway, this guy comes up and my day went downhill from there

SC: Stupid customer
    Me: Tech wandering how much longer before I start to lose my cool

SC: Hi there...*Looks at my name badge* ...Flea. I’m Gay
    Me: *Somewhat stumped* Hi. How can I help
    SC: I’m a homosexual
    Me: ...Okay. How can I help?
    SC: Do you charge gay people more?
    Me: Nope *points out the rainbow coloured wrist band I’m wearing that has 2 male symbols on it*
    SC: So you won’t discriminate against me for being Gay?
    Me: I’d be bloody hypocritical if I did
    SC: Well, I have a problem with my laptop. The SD Card reader appears to have stopped working
    Me: Is it under warranty?
    SC: Nope. It’s 18 months old
    Me: Okay. We charge £30 for diagnostics, if we can fix the fault and you want us to fix it, we refund the £30 and charge you the cost of the repair
    SC: I think that’s disgraceful!
    Me: I’m sorry you feel that way but that’s our pricing structure
    SC: It’s not your pricing structure...it’s because I’m a gay man.

At this point I am looking around for people looking into their bags, or backpacks with open zips pointing towards me, this is a common way that hidden cameramen get you when you’re on some prank TV show or if someone is just trying to set me up so they can show employees from our company on TV making mistakes (We’re a pretty big company so we very occasionally get the BBC jumping on the tiny little and the big massive mistakes we make, but I am as certain as I can be that some of them are set-up like I thought I was being) But I see no sign of cameras so I realise this must be for real

Me: No, mate. I’m not charging you extra because you’re gay. I’m charging you because we charge for the work we do.
    SC: it’s because I’m gay. You’re a homophobe! *Storms off*
    Next Customer: What the fuck was HIS problem? You’re not allowed to be homophic are you?
    Me: Nah, I have no issue with gay people. And his problem was one I see a lot of. It’s quite common
    Next Customer: What is it?
    Me: Stupidity.
    Next customer: I Getcha hehe
    -The one, The Only, AdvancedFlea-

Stick that in your blog and smoke it.

A guide for customers about retail

Boy I hope Channel 3 news never gets that bored. Although my store is technically guilty for breaking the law early last year, but they usually leave the papers to feed on us.

Still, gotta love this modern age where everyone has a card to play. It's even sadder when there are people who are so shameless as to play the card up front. It make me wonder if he was really gay or if he was just saying he was because he didn't have any apparent differences to flaunt. (IE, race, disability, etc.)

Comment

Quoth AdvancedFlea View Post
      SC: It’s not your pricing structure...it’s because I’m a gay man.
      "No, we pretty much fuck everybody in the ass."
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Okay, you have a rainbow coloured wristband with 2 male symbols onit. So you're, at the very least, quite ostensibly gay friendly.

What was his assumption? That you were wearing it ironically? Or does he come from the Mirror Dimension ? Did he have a goatee ?
        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Was he the only gay in the village?

Comment

Did he have "I'M GAY" tattooed on his forehead or something? I mean jeeze, if you don't want to be discriminated against for your sexual orientation, then don't advertise by prefacing your conversations with "I'm gay," especially when it's utterly irrelevant to the topic at hand. That way, it'll never be an issue.

Oh wait....forgot where I was.

(Not that I'm suggesting it'd automatically be an issue if you do mention it, but why borrow trouble?)
            "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

When I used to work at the restaurant, one time these two guys came in and wanted a table. No problem I said. Then the one guy says, "We're gay". I said, "Excuse me??" And he says "We're gay, can we be seated somewhere quiet where we can make out?"

Unfortunately the restaurant didn't really have private booths so I said that might be difficult. Then the guy says, "Are you gay?" And I say (because I was a little put out) "Why?"

He says "Because then we'll all be in the same boat". I didn't really get what he meant, or for that matter why he needed to hide away in some private booth. Last I checked there's no law against being gay and I personally don't care who you make out with.

Anyway that's my story, it was almost 10 years ago but I still remember it.
              It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                Was he the only gay in the village?
                That was my thought! Was it Daffyd Thomas? Was he wearing brightly colored PVC hotpants?

Comment

I haven't got the gay card...yet.

Comment

Teh Ghey card. How nice.

If I go to a gay bar, can I play the straight card and demand a discount? (Not that I'd ever try this, mind you.)
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I can beat the gay card... I've before gotten the straight card

actually had a guest accuse me of charging him more because I'm gay and hate heterosexuals

which is funny, at work I wear nothing that would indicate I'm gay... I know clothes aren't the only means of gaydar (in fact more and more they are the most useless means of gaydar)... oh and by the way, I have never acknowledged the fact that I'm gay at work... this guy just assumed that sense I wasn't lowering the rate he liked I must be gay and hate straights...

I took great pleasure in (after making sure no management was within earshot) telling him, that no, I quite liked straights, they were the best to give it to up the ass, like I was attempting to do with the rate
                      FTR- no, I have never taken advantage of a straight guy... that is one line I won't cross... but the SC doesn't need to know that
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                        FTR- no, I have never taken advantage of a straight guy... that is one line I won't cross... but the SC doesn't need to know that
                        I've crossed that line many times. For every 10 I recruit, I get a toaster oven.
                        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

He's gay and that relevant how?!
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Because he wanted to get a bargain out of saying he is gay. And if he got someone that had anything against gay he would say "gief for free or I sue cause of discrimination." which is really sad.
                            http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
                            Melody Gardot

Comment

There was an old In Living Color sketch where Jim Carrey would enter a party and immediately start introducing himself to people, "Hi, I"m Jim and I'm GAY." He would be very aggressive about it until he met someone who replied, "Oh, I'm gay too!" Then he would be horrified and run away screaming.

Some people just want to be discriminated against so they can throw a tantrum and get attention.
                              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Working...
                              X