This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Hate 'The Bandwagon'

Everyone knows there's a pretty big football game on this Sunday and my store sells licensed apparel from Pro Teams. It's getting 'late' so we are running out of stuff specially purchased to see for 'The Big Game'. And now, the 'Bandwagon' is creaking mightily with fair weather fans who suddenly have a need to dress like their 'favorite' team - who they've never watched before it became 'cool' because they made it to the big game. My call today:

FBA - Football Asshat
    Me - Not in the mood to hear crap from one more lazy idjit

Me: Thank you for holding, this is MiddleofNowhere, how may I help you?
    FBA: Yeah... you got any player jerseys for PROTEAM?
    Me: I'm so sorry, sir. With the big game this weekend, we 've just sold out of all of our BigGame apparel for this team.
    FBA: Well that just sucks. What's the matter with you guys?
    Me: I do apologize sir, but with the game this weekend, we can only have so much of the apparel.
    FBA: Are you sure you guys aren't OTHERPROTEAM fans? I think you're discriminating against PROTEAM fans.
    Me: Sir, I can assure you we're not - equal numbers of PROTEAM and OTHERPROTEAM were brought in just for the game. They just proved very popular.
    FBA: **grumbling** FINE! You know anyplace else that might have PROTEAM stuff?
    Me: You might try, *OtherProShop* in this mall, sir.
    FBA: What's their number?
    Me: You might want to consult a phone book for that, sir. Thank you! *click*

Seriously? WTF? First you accuse me of discrimination in football of all things and then you're so freaking lazy you can't look up a phone number?

I'm so glad I'm not working this weekend!
    Me:
    Just to cut off any helpful suggestions: This woman was not blind, nor disabled. She was just a bitch. - Boozy

Well you see, there's beer involved and, well... 'nuff said.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
    ~Clerks

Comment

S'okay. I work for a manufacturing company doing customer service. Guy calls in and it's clear he didn't want us. I explained he dialed the wrong number.

Asshat: This isn't Staples?
      Me: No, sorry, I'm afraid you reached the wrong number.
      Asshat: So this isn't Staples?
      Me: No, sorry.
      Asshat: Are you in *city where I work*
      Me: Yes I am, but you dialed the wrong number. You called *my company*, we manufacture widgets.
      Asshat: Can you tell me the number for Staples?
      Me: (WTF??) No, I'm afraid I don't have their number.
      Asshat: (sarcastically) What, you're not able to look in up online or something?
      Me: I'm afraid not. As I said you've reached the wrong number. We're not Staples.
      Asshat: Thanks for nothing. *click*

Why oh why do people assume you're going to pull random numbers out of your ass? In my case, we're a small operation. I'm manning the phones and doing other work. I'm essentially ignoring other customer calls to deal with this guy. So no, figure out how to call Staples yourself. Twerp.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth MiddleofNowhere View Post
        I'm so glad I'm not working this weekend!
        Me:
        You could always use the same line that almost got me lynched last time the Bronco's were in the big game: "What's the big deal? It's just a game"

Eric the Grey
        In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
          You could always use the same line that almost got me lynched last time the Bronco's were in the big game: "What's the big deal? It's just a game"

Eric the Grey
          The one that gets me dirty looks is "Superbowl? Is that for the Stanley Cup?"
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
            The one that gets me dirty looks is "Superbowl? Is that for the Stanley Cup?"
            The only reason why I would ever give you a dirty look for that comment is because I'm a hockey fan.

(GO Sabres!!)

Comment

Ah the the bandwagon....Gah I hate those people, right now at work, I am being told that because I live in AZ I HAVE TO SUPPORT OUR TEAM OR ELSE IM A COMMINE!!!

I am sorry the only football team I like.. is my high school one.
              Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
              pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

I don't even like football. The only reason I'd go to a Superbowl party is for the food.
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

What I hate is that I AM a fan of one of the teams. As in I've been a fan on the team for as long as I can remember and my Daddy had me saying "Go Steelers!" before I was 2.

But because I do not and never have lived in Pennsylvania, everyone assumes I must be just "on the bandwagon". Cause there's NO WAY you could be a fan of a team in a state you do not live in.
                  I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

I've been accused of bandwagoning by my coworkers for rooting for the Cardinals.

Look, everyone knows I am a Raiders fan. I am still a Raiders fan. But I AM from Arizona....why in the bloody hell would I root for the Steelers over a team from my home state that has had nothing but a history of failure and futility up to this point?

And no, while I am rooting for the Redbirds, I have not gone out and bought any Cardinals gear. Not one stitch. When watching the playoffs, I have been wearing my Arizona State University gear, and waving an Arizona state flag (which most people have no idea what it is), but Cardinals gear? No. Not at all.

So those who accuse me of bandwagoning can go piss up a rope.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

OP: What a jerk. He berates you for being sold out of some popular item just like overconfident parents berated me and my co-workers on Christmas Eve for being sold out of the Wii or whatever other super-popular toy their kid needed this year. THEN he has the gall to ask you a favor. I'm sure you could have looked up the number for the other store faster than he could, but why should you?

---

Big Game: I'll probably be reading a book while my friends scream at the TV. The last time somebody asked me who I was cheering for in the Superbowl, I said, "Pepsi."

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                      I don't even like football. The only reason I'd go to a Superbowl party is for the food.
                      Me too! Chips galore, fruit and veggie trays, sodas, cookies... I've been doing extra workouts this week so the junk food damage won't be quite as bad as it usually is.

Quoth persephone View Post
                      Cause there's NO WAY you could be a fan of a team in a state you do not live in.
                      I guess that means that no one in my state can be a fan of any pro football team. We don't have one.

That's fine by me, though. I don't like football simply because there's just enough of it that confuses me. When I was a kid, I remember thinking that football was a game in which two teams of big guys lined up facing each other, then, when somebody yelled the right word, they all leaped forward and tried to push each other to the opposite end of the field. Sort of like a the opposite of a tug-of-war.
                      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                      - IPF

Comment

Quoth persephone View Post
                        Cause there's NO WAY you could be a fan of a team in a state you do not live in.
                        It's almost required in Kansas. I hear the Chiefs open their next season against Boy Scout Troop Number 8374 . That'll be a tough one for them!

I'm a Cowboy fan and have been for years. So say the 5 t-shirts, 5 hats, 2 jerseys and one watch.
                        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

i live in ct, and i guess if you live anywhere in new england its assumed you like the patriots

NOT!! i hate them

plus some people in NE are clsoer to new york than boston, but anywho

i like the denver broncos, talk about a team thats not near your state

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                            I'm a Cowboy fan and have been for years. So say the 5 t-shirts, 5 hats, 2 jerseys and one watch.
                            Yeah, I'm a Steelers fan, so says my 26 jerseys, t-shirts and hoodies. 1 for every birthday -- Daddy used to get me something Steeler attire for every birthday, starting with my first one, and it just stuck. Any time I really liked a player they drafted, that would be my birthday present the next year -- that jersey. My favorites are my Bettis and Ward jerseys, though I also have a Harris (as in Franco), a Swann (as in Lynn) and a Bradshaw that Daddy and both my uncles (his brothers) got me for Christmas 05 when they had all the throwback's out.
                            I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                              You and me both. I don't really see the thrill in watching any sort of sports, actually. I like playing some of them, just never got into watching them.

A few years back, my son and I were taking a walk, and a guy was grilling outside for his Superbowl party. He offered us some ribs and wings (which were DELICIOUS!), and gave me a beer.

Hmm, maybe we need to take a walk on Sunday.
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                              X