This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth code-monkey View Post
    Isn't taking aspirin when you cut yourself a really bad idea as it thins the blood and prevents clotting?
    Maybe? All I'm doing is relating the story as it was told to me. Was it a bad idea to advise aspirin instead of a hospital visit? Yes. Fortunately, my grandma was able to laugh about the absurdity of it years later when the story started popping up at family gatherings.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      But...I'm allergic to coconuts! Excuse me, I have to make a phone ca.......

*starts singing* ...Damn you!!

My mom once cut her finger on a canned ham. Basically sliced it lengthwise. I was pretty young...I just remember there was a lot of blood. She called my aunt to take her to the hospital. Then she called the neighbors to get of of their teenage daughters to come over and watch me and my brother. I think she put away the rest of the dinner stuff while she was waiting.
      I sure hope that first "of" was meant to be the word one and not the word off.

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
        ALL allergies can get worse each time, which is why you have people with (pea)nut allergies who say 'one (pea)nut will kill me'. Quite simply it's true, their body has gone so overboard that it'll destroy itself next time, and no amount of adrenaline will help.
        That is, but what gets me are the ones who say "If you even breathe on me, I'll die if you've had peanuts recently." Last I checked, that wasn't possible with food based allergies. People who do have reactions like that are usually psychosomatic.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

One of my younger cousins has/had food allergies that we think are psychosomatic for the most part (the mother has food issues and is very controlling about everything). For a few years he had a peanut allergy that kept vanishing and reappearing over the course of a year (I'm fairly sure real nut allergies don't do that) along with transient allergies to numerous other foods that didn't quite add up.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
          X