This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Fun)eral

So, the new bar is located one street away from a church. A large group of people who had just come out of a funeral came in. Maybe I'm weird, but I DO NOT agree with drinking at funerals.

Me: Hi there, what can I get you?
    SC: Pint of John Smiths.
    Me: Sure. Anything else?

I must have touched a nerve.

SC: IF I WANTED ANYTHING ELSE, I WOULD HAVE ORDERED IT! IDIOT!
    Me:

I could not believe it. I was very annoyed.

Me: OK! Calm down.
    SC: Idiot. I've just been to a funeral you know!
    Me: I don't care! I was nothing but polite to you.

I slammed his drink down.

Me: £x.xx.

He gave me the money. I slammed his change and drink down on the bar.

SC: *like a moody child* Sorry.

OK, he had just been to a funeral, and emotions were probably all over the place, but seriously, what the fuck was that? I don't know what it was, but he seriously upset me.

The group of people from the funeral were VERY rude. Whiny, demanding and entitled. A co-worker came up to me.

CW: They are regular customers, and they are always arseholes. But we normally get them in seperately. So basically we've got all of our worst customers in one group.
    Me: Oh great!
    CW: Yeah, but look on the bright side. At least one of them is dead.

OK, that was harsh, but an evil part of me laughed.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

The NOT evil part of me laughed at that one.
    If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
    --Woodrow Willson

Comment

Quoth QASlave View Post
      The NOT evil part of me laughed at that one.
      Ditto. All of me laughed

Also, I wouldn't mind one last 'drink' to send off a beloved.

"Hail the victorious dead," and all that...

Comment

*begins humming "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" from Life of Brian*
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Nothing evil about laughing at that. I was on the floor.
          If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

One of our problem customers died a while ago. They never came in the store, just called every dept, several times a day. If you did not terminate the call they wold not hang up.

We we not sad we we found out they died.

Comment

my evil side laughed out loud too

Comment

I only have an evil side now. And that was hilarious.
                My wife called it "wonderfully inappropriate."
                Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Maybe I'm weird, but I DO NOT agree with drinking at funerals.
                  Erm, did you mean AFTER a funeral?

I do agree that drinking is probably a bad idea when you're already upset, so yeah, during right after a funeral isn't the best idea. Except if there's a memorial dinner afterwards, in which case a toast to the deceased's memory would certainly not be out of order (though i think that'd be better done with a fine wine rather than beer).
                  "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Not to excuse the sucky behavior of the group of customers who came in after the funeral, but after my grandfather passed away, all of the uncles and cousins who were of age went up to the bar at the gathering afterwards and ordered a shot of Crown Royal and a Bud Light because that was my grandfather's drink of choice after a hard day of work. So, we toasted one last drink to the man who was incredibly important to us and wished him off a grand farewell.

Drinking at funerals however will never be acceptable, but afterwards, serve em up and pound em down.
                    Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

I'll agree that drinking at or during a funeral can be a bad thing, but afterwards is actually a better than it sounds. if done with the proper intentions of course.

Drinking to celebrate the life of whomever passed away is a good and healthy thing, like an Irish Wake. Drinking to drown yourself in your sorrows is not.

CH
                      Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

I want people to drink at my funeral. I want everyone to get absolutely trashed. 5 drink minimum. Why, you ask? For them to drink everything I never did. And after everyone's sloshed, they break out the crazy bouncy castle, and the wiffle bats.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Broomjockey, PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, but...

...now I look forward to your funeral.

Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Not sure I could handle working in a bar. Being female I'd probably get groped or something.

I would've told him to find another bar.

I laughed at that too :P
                            Out of retail!

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                              Broomjockey, PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, but...

...now I look forward to your funeral.

Me too. I am SO there.

We've got these foam Funnoodles that have protrusions on both ends, like a giant, foam-rubber colored Q-Tip. Those would be great.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X