This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    I might be able to explain that (and I'll do my best to do so in a non fratching way). It could be a matter of politics. I know quite a few people who will pay whatever the price is for Sinclair because they're Utah based, I also know people who refuse to use Chevron because they donate to HRC (or alternatively will pay whatever the price is for Chevron because they donate to HRC... you can guess which group I'm in ). For me I've never had to put more than 10 gallons in, so at most it's costing me an extra 50cents to go somewhere 5 cents more, hell, even 20 gallons, which I doubt many people are going to need more than means an extra dollar to fill.
    That's the reason why no Citgo gas will see the inside of my gas tank.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
      Because it was at the low part of the cycle and it was time to go to the high end of the cycle. We went from losing 10 cents per liter to making 7 cents per liter. Over the following week it will come down and by Wednesday morning we'll be losing 10 cents again.
      Oh I know it went from low to high part of the cycle, I just hadn't seen it jump by that much for a couple of months.
      If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Nyoibo View Post
        Oh I know it went from low to high part of the cycle, I just hadn't seen it jump by that much for a couple of months.
        Maybe the wholesale price changed more than has been the average lately.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
          I might be able to explain that (and I'll do my best to do so in a non fratching way). It could be a matter of politics.
          Much simpler in my case. I have a very low slung car. If a place has a wicked driveway, or even a marginal one but a lot of traffic that would require going faster than I can go without scraping, I'll happily pay a couple cents more a gallon to not have to choose between being plowed into or taking my oil pan out!
          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Working...
          X