X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is beyond tiresome, it's getting CREEPY

It happened AGAIN today.

I bent down to pick up a printer in the box to show a customer. He said, "Oh, don't pick that up! You're pregnant!"

... Nope, STILL not, and the boyfriend's STILL living out of state. :P

When I told him, he said, "Well, let's make sure it stays that way, hrm?"

This is what, the eighth or nineth time in a YEAR? it's getting to the CREEPY point -.-

I'm SKINNY. Big boobed, but SKINNY. -.-

Quoth Cygnata View Post
    It happened AGAIN today.

I bent down to pick up a printer in the box to show a customer. He said, "Oh, don't pick that up! You're pregnant!"

... Nope, STILL not, and the boyfriend's STILL living out of state. :P

Ew.

What concern is it of his, anyway? Who does he think he is, your father?

You did NOT owe this asswipe an explanation.
    http://prosenylund.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth Melicious Motormouth View Post
      Ew.

What concern is it of his, anyway? Who does he think he is, your father?

You did NOT owe this asswipe an explanation.
      And for that matter, it's just plain sexist. I often attempt to surprise the male customers by lifting the heavy boxes of milk over. SOP at work for the checkout staff, regardless of age, is not to lift anything over about 12kg. We sell 18, 24 and 30 packs of cans of soft drink. 18's we can lift on occasion, 24 depends on the person, but 30's we never lift. They get a little surprised when I lift them, but when I do give my explanation, they seem to shut up. It's not that I can't-because I can-but we're not allowed to.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I would have to tell that guy I didn't appreciate his innappropriate commentary.

No, you didn't owe him an explanation. It's not his business.

And his taking that as an invitation to make a second out of line comment was beyond the pale.

Comment

Big boobed
          It's considered bad form to make unsubstantiated claims.

Comment

Quoth Cygnata View Post
            It happened AGAIN today.

What kind of thingis THAT to say? I mean. really!

Comment

Quoth Cygnata View Post
              he said, "Well, let's make sure it stays that way, hrm?"

See me being evil would've just said "I'm not pregnant" no explanation if he had made the above comment-I would have either:

A)burst into fake tears saying "but we've been trying for years, and spent all this money on treatments!"

or B)gotten all overly bubbly and said "well of course, my partner and I have decided she'll make a better mommy than me!"

either one will teach them to MYOB
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                See me being evil would've just said "I'm not pregnant" no explanation if he had made the above comment-I would have either:

A)burst into fake tears saying "but we've been trying for years, and spent all this money on treatments!"

or B)gotten all overly bubbly and said "well of course, my partner and I have decided she'll make a better mommy than me!"

I *love* this. Before I lost a bunch a weight, the (horrible) women round work would often make snarky comments about how I looked pregnant, and I never could think up a good come-back in time.
                Honestly, the things people seem to think it's alrighto to say *shakes head*
                Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                What's the difference?
                We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post

I was thinking along the lines of A, myself

But I like B, too...
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                    It's considered bad form to make unsubstantiated claims.
                    ... Trust me, I can provide pics. They're well above average. I'd ask the mods before posting the exact cup size, on second thought.

http://sandwich.net/cygnata/photos <- those *under* estimate my size, on purpose. By quite a bit. I don't put myself in a position to be photographed in such a way that the size is obvious. No profile shots, for one.
                    Last edited by Dragon_Dreamer; 03-23-2009, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Uncalled for...yea it is creepy!

As far as being able to lift heavy objects, I fail miserably. Nothing to do w/gender or size though, I'm just plain ol' weak! I have pretty good stamina though, even with little food or sleep.

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
                        I *love* this. Before I lost a bunch a weight, the (horrible) women round work would often make snarky comments about how I looked pregnant, and I never could think up a good come-back in time.

How about something along the lines of "I beg your fucking pardon?"

That's a good old chestnut that I bet would work.

I don't know what's wrong with people, either.

Comment

I'll just be happy if this STOPS. I'm NOT fat, I've been losing fat and gaining muscle. It's at the point where coworkers and even my parents are making snarky comments about how "they must be trying to tell me something."

Comment

What. the. flip. is WRONG with them? Even if they know you, they have no right to insult you like that!

For them: A whole shipload ought to do. Grr.

*offers you hugs, comfort, and chocolate*
                            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                            -----
                            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Alternatively, you could find humor in this.

Not that these taffy-brained yoyo's think you are pregnant, per se, but the ridiculousness of it all.

So the next time one of these monkey masturbators lets out with his thoughts on your impending motherhood, just look at him......and laugh. Like it's the most ridiculous thing in the world.

Because, apparently, it really is.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X