This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reduced rate

Guest: yea Dave, I have a reservation but due to the recession, I am calling to get my rate reduced

Me: we cant do that

Guest: cant you call the owner? I paid $9000 but tell the owner I am willing to split it with him and pay $4500

Me: we dont do that, sir

Guest: I have been a customer of yours for 15 years, doesnt that count for anything?

Me: well yes sir but I dont think....

Guest: stop after "yes sir".......if you value my business, there should be no but. Dont just tell me, show me by giving me what I've asked for.

Me: we can't

Guest: man you just dont want to cooperate with me, do you?

Me: I cant give the place away

Guest: thats not giving it away......how can you treat a faithful customer like this? I got a friend that owns a house down there and rents through your competitor and I told her we wanted to use you guys instead but I think we will go to the other place where they are more accomodating.

Me: ok sir have a nice day

Guest: you go to hell, you son of a bitch

CLICK

Do people not think that vacations are a luxury item and that the people who work in the travel industry still need to get paid?
    I cannot understand how people think that you could go half price on a rental.

Comment

Gee if he wants a cheaper vacation he should look into other alternatives like *gasp* camping
      You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

Or do us all a favor and just stay the hell home.
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth AmethystSquirrel View Post
          Gee if he wants a cheaper vacation he should look into other alternatives like *gasp* camping
          Wouldn't he then complain to the camp site that there are too many Trees in the forest, and the Owls are keeping him up at night, the Moon is too bright, and can't they just get him an Air Conditioning unit for his tent...
          There Can Be Only One

Comment

who the hell pays 9 grand for their accomodation

gee life is sooo hard!
            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

What kind of "splitting the difference" is a 50% offer? "Splitting the difference" is where both parties make a vaguely reasonable offer, and agree to end negotiations by settling in the middle. Free is not a reasonable offer for $9k accommodations.

SirWired

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                People with more money than brains?
                Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Gawd, what that twat is spending on accomodations is what I make in 8 months. T-T
                  "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Just some of that "recession renegotiation" that various consumer advocate types have been recommending.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I have a 'negotiator' It's a .58 underhammer. It 'negotiates' me some Venison every November.

In all seriousness, VRS, i have no idea how you've managed to NOT snap and just rip a strip off of each and every one of those entitled wastes of air until they're so deflated they look like beanie babies without the beans.

Comment

Quoth AmethystSquirrel View Post
                        Please, I like camping and I'd hate this asshole anywhere near me.

I say we send him to that abandoned summer camp down by the lake around the end of next October...
                        "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
                        -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Quoth StanFlouride View Post
                          Please, I like camping and I'd hate this asshole anywhere near me.

I say we send him to that abandoned summer camp down by the lake around the end of next October...
                          You don't mean camp crystal lake do you ?

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post

gee life is sooo hard!
                            Hell, I can't even afford 4.5k for a vacation. This is a guy whose business I could do without since you'd wind up losing on that deal.
                            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Hey, if he'd like to vacation in northeastern US, I'd be willing to "split the difference" and rent my apartment for four grand. See, I'm willing to negotiate like that.
                              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                              X