X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kiwi View Post
    who the hell pays 9 grand for their accomodation
    Yeah, really.

If I had that kind of cash for a vacation, I'd take the MRS on a long, exotic, cruise where we would both be pampered.

Screw those vacation rentals, you have to do all the cooking and cleaning--you call that a vacation? (Yes that question was rhetorical!). Waikiki and Las Vegas both look alike over a sinkful of dishes.

Give me the cruise with the cabin steward making the bed twice daily (even on Carnival) and meals available whenever.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

He's so worried about the "Economy" ... ok fine... Go rent a campground and a tent.

or just stay at home

Comment

My car was priced at 4,300. My vacations cost me 160, 200, and 400 for activities like hiking, canoing, and dog sledding.

Comment

What's a vacation?

My last 2 summers, and the one coming up, consist(ed) of major surgery and recuperation there from.

I'd rather be working!
          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I hear this *every* day. I grind my teeth and cringe at the "What do you mean you cant discount the price?????" question that continually comes up. Or the "But with this economy you'd think they'd make the price lower to draw in more customers!!!"

No.

You fail.

The vacation rental industry is so unbelieveably stretched thin right now that *NO ONE* is making any money. That's right. No one. The property management companies have cut their costs to the bone, the owners are scraping by with only enough to pay the mortgage and the 3rd parties who sell the stupid properties are barely making enough to pay the people on the phones, and even they had to take a paycut. It's that close.

There is no discount for you. There is no reduced rate. We aren't running any specials. The price is the price.

I honest to god had some woman on the phone screaming at me 2 days ago because i wouldnt lower the rate on a 4 bedroom home that was 5 mins from the Disney gates, granite countertops in the kitchen, marble tiles in *all* the bathrooms, huge private pool, hot tub, and gorgeous italian leather furnature in the living room, during Memorial Day weekend. Want to take a guess at the rate per night before taxes? ........ 400? nope.... 200? ...... nope.... 90 dollars a night before tax.... That's right.. a gorgeous 4 bedroom home in Orlando, not but a hop skip and jump from Disney for almost nothing.

She threatened to go to a hotel.

I told her my 2nd job was in a hotel (it is.. front desk) and that our best room didn't even compare to the worst in this home and we were selling it for 109.99 plus tax. And we've been at 90-95% occupancy so good luck.

Anyhow... Sorry to threadjack... I just *hate* this customer. No one is making any money right now, man up and pay for your lodging and be damned grateful the owners are one of the few who can afford to keep it on the rental program.

Shugo

Comment

Quoth ShugoAC View Post
              90 dollars a night before tax.... That's right.. a gorgeous 4 bedroom home in Orlando, not but a hop skip and jump from Disney for almost nothing.

Shugo
              $90 A NIGHT!!?!?!?! omg..next time I go to Disneyworld I'm going through you guys!!

I can't believe people complain and try to weasel for a cheaper rate. And why would she be trying to negotiate after she's already paid? That just seems backwards to me. You've already given them the money....you lost your power! Maybe try negotiating or shopping around beforehand!
              Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

heh. for me a vacation is just hanging out in my apartment. i might go camping with my boyfriend when he gets out of japan, but... that'll be tent camping, where the biggest cost might be the gas to get to wherever

Comment

Priceline much? Or something to that effect. What a dumbass.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

"Do the the recession I'd like a reduced rate."

If only it were that easy!!!
                    "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
                    "Red."
                    "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
                    "RED!"
                    "..."

Comment

Working...
                    X