X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's Organizing A Protest

Ahhh, gotta love drunk asshats, eh?

Remember the word DRUNK and don't bother trying to figure out the logic behind this one.

DG=Drunk Guy
    CSR=my CSR
    Me= The part of me is being played by Angelina Jolie (j/k)

DG: "I rented this game last night and I can't play it because I don't have a memory card."

CSR: "Uh... okay."

DG: "I can't play it because I don't have a memory card! I want a different game!"

CSR: "Our policy is same title exchange only if the item is defective."

DG: "Then I want a refund."

CSR: "Our policy is same title exchange only if the item is defective."

DG: "I want a different game or my money back!"

CSR: "NightAngel..."

Me: "Our policy is same title exchange only if the item is defective."

DG: "You're ripping me off!"

Me: "How's that?"

DG: "You rented me this game and I don't own a memory card!"

Me: "Perhaps you should buy a memory card then?"

DG: "This is ridiculous! I can't play the game because I don't have a memory card! I want a different game!... Or a refund!"

Me: *say it with me now* "Our policy is same title exchange only if the item is defective."

DG: "I wanna talk to someone over you!"

Me: "Okay, I'll write down the Store Manager's name and the next time she'll be in..." I start writing and he's still going on at my CSR about how we ripped him off and how Hollywood Video is so much better than us. My thought: go there with your stupid drunk ass then.

Me: *hands him paper*
    DG: "NO! I want a corporate number!"

Me: *circles the 1-800 Customer Care number on his receipt* "There you go."

DG: "You'll be sorry! I'm gonna organize a protest! Tomorrow when you open there'll be a PICKET LINE in front of the store! AND I'm gonna complain to your corporate office!"

Me: "Knock yourself out."

DG: "You'll see! If you don't give me a different game right now there'll be a picket line!"

Me: "Okay, have fun."

Wow. That made him mad...
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Quoth NightAngel View Post
    Me= The part of me is being played by Angelina Jolie (j/k)
    Hmmm...I'm not sure Angelina would be hot enough.

I like that guys logic. I wonder if he really thought that he should be entitled to a refund, or he thought he was clever enough to get his five bucks back.
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I dunno, I'd be careful. There are plenty of guys out there perpetually drunk enough to join a stupid protest!
      No good news is good bad news

Comment

whats with drunks and not understanding game return policies kinda sounds like my latest drunk i posted about
        Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
          Hmmm...I'm not sure Angelina would be hot enough.
          I see I'm not the only one who was thinking that
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Let us know if there WAS, in fact, an organized picket line. I'm curious now.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Ah, someone else who uses broken record mode. I enjoy that mode immensely myself.

Customer: Complain.
              Me: Recite policy.
              Customer: Complain again.
              Customer: Complain louder.
              Customer: Gesticulate wildly and curse violently.
              Customer: Ask to speak to the editor.
              Me: Transfer.
              Editor: Recite policy.
              Customer: Aneurysm.
              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Yeah I get this alll the time, although usually it's "I want to return this game because I didn't like it!"

The picket line however, is one of the more creative threats I've heard. Guy threatened to sue ME and my company over a $50 game (yeah sure, that would be a profitable move) but I stood my ground. Guy never showed up again.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post

The picket line however, is one of the more creative threats I've heard. Guy threatened to sue ME and my company over a $50 game (yeah sure, that would be a profitable move).
                  That's exactly why the threat of a lawyer is such a hollow one. The lawyer has to make money. Suing over $5 does not make money for the lawyer. Therefore, the lawyer does not take case unless the client is being billed by the hour and pays their fees.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Couldn't he have played it without saving?
                    I did that with Super Mario Sunshine for three months before I got a card.
                    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

That guy must've gone to one of the schools I attended. At Michigan State University, we had:
                      - 700 people rioted because of the war in Iraq.
                      - 1500 people rioted over affirmative action.
                      - almost 4000 people rioted over a basketball game.

I wish I was making this up
                      "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                      -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Quoth pbmods View Post
                        That guy must've gone to one of the schools I attended. At Michigan State University, we had:
                        - 700 people rioted because of the war in Iraq.
                        - 1500 people rioted over affirmative action.
                        - almost 4000 people rioted over a basketball game.

I wish I was making this up
                        I can top that.

My first year in university, I was so excited to hear there was a protest going on.

Then I read the flyer.

Basically it said that if you were upset over the war in Iraq (it's a Canadian school), high tuition, the quality of the cafeteria food or were just generally in a bad mood that day, that everyone was going to gather at such and such a place on Saturday at noon. Students in my school couldn't even summon up the outrage to protest about anything in particular, so we had to lump a bunch of problems together and hope people showed up.

Frankly, I would have gone if there was candy.
                        "Being crazy was the only thing that kept me from going insane."
                        - Raven

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                          Gesticulate wildly
                          that word has always sounded so dirty to me *snigger*
                          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Amusingly, at my time in Arizona State, there were a few protests.

A small one to protest the first Persian Gulf War.
                            A small one to protest some scandal that occurred within the student government.
                            A small one to protest some idiot thing our president did.
                            A few small ones to protest some idiot things some idiot athletes did.

And then we had The Big One. We marched. We chanted. We took over the Administration Building for the whole weekend. (I know. I was there. It was great.) What were we so up in arms about?

Tuition hikes.

And that, kids, was the 90’s for ya!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

I'm just having a laugh picturing this idiot actually trying to get a protest going.

Him with a bunch of drunk friends..

"Hey lets go protest outside the store, they stole my money"
                              "Why?"
                              "They stole my money, cause I don't have a memory card."
                              "So, were going to protest the memory card?"
                              "No, they STOLE my money, that why I gotta protest."
                              (Guy in background) "Were outta beer!"
                              "Alright, first we get beer, then we protest."
                              "OK, lets go."
                              "So, were gonna protest to the store that were outta beer."

"EXACTLY, that'll teach'em."

that all i got
                              CM
                              Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

Working...
                              X