• Show
Clear All

"We're not gonna protest!"
    "Gutter is a tool!"
    "Gutter is a tool!"

And remember everybody, the 11:30 show is completely different from the 7:30 show!

We had a protest at work about some issuses concerning unfair raises, but because the people affected by them had to work, the turnout was less then stellar. I mean hell, 9600 people affected by them, and probly less then 1000 show up? Talk about dedicated workers.
    http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
    Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Quoth Confuzed-Monkey View Post
      Him with a bunch of drunk friends..

"Hey lets go protest outside the store, they stole my money"
      "Why?"
      "They stole my money, cause I don't have a memory card."
      "So, were going to protest the memory card?"
      "No, they STOLE my money, that why I gotta protest."
      (Guy in background) "Were outta beer!"
      "Alright, first we get beer, then we protest."
      "OK, lets go."
      "So, were gonna protest to the store that were outta beer."

"EXACTLY, that'll teach'em."
      Don't forget this part...

(knocking at the door)
      "Let me in man, it's Dave"

"Dave's not here man."

And so on...

Comment

Heh. I love every way you handled that, but this part is the icing on the cake:

Quoth NightAngel View Post
        DG: "You'll be sorry! I'm gonna organize a protest! Tomorrow when you open there'll be a PICKET LINE in front of the store! AND I'm gonna complain to your corporate office!"

Me: "Knock yourself out."

DG: "You'll see! If you don't give me a different game right now there'll be a picket line!"

Me: "Okay, have fun."
        They really do hate it when we won't quake in our boots.
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

A few months ago there was some PETA folks protesting outside the local KFC. This particular establishment is on a corner at a light. The local skin-heads reveled in glee by chaising the PETA folks with their cars when said PETA folks ventured into the traffic to collect money. While I dispise the skin-heads it was funny watching the PETA folks run around and scream like little girls.
          To add to the story this KFC was nasty and long past worth cleaning, the health department was afraid to inspect for fear of catching something. Anyways whom-ever owned the building closed the business and it down. The PETA folks was whoopping and hollering thinking they succeed in their cause because of the empty lot. The next day a sign was put up: "Coming Soon KFC".
          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
            that word has always sounded so dirty to me *snigger*
            I bet the fact that I'm masticating right now is making you giggle too. *Munches M&Ms*

Comment

Ooooh, a one-man picket line, haven't seen one of them in a long time....

Hope he's just as fun as the last guy, who, well, I dont' know what he was protesting, his sign was so horribly misspelled, he may have been marching against the tyrannical rule of grammar and spelling.
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

We had a "protest" several years ago when WD decided to shut down the store up the road from my house.

It was rather amusing . . . as soon as word started spreading that the store was closing, it seemed as if everyone in the neighborhood was ready to go up in arms b/c of it.

How many showed up w/picket signs and wandered around the entrance to our parking lot??

6 people. SIX.

Now that's neighborhood support right there, ya'll.

Even funnier, it actually made the 11 o'clock news.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Not surprisingly, to date he hasn't shown back-up. There has been no picket line.
                  This somewhat disappointed the day manager- he said he was looking forward to it. Great entertainment and all.
                  "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                  HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                    I bet the fact that I'm masticating right now is making you giggle too. *Munches M&Ms*
                    Ooh ooh ohh...I help hundreds of people matriculate every year!
                    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                      Ooh ooh ohh...I help hundreds of people matriculate every year!
                      And they can make such rude noises while doing it!

-Spiify, who just got out of anatomy class
                      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Protest? Over a memory card?
                        "Dude, they're free in specially marked packages of cereal."
                        'My parents won't let me get one.'
                        "Sad."
                        Thus quoteth the Gord, although, admittedly, it was about a PlayStation.
                        What? A memory card, depending on the system it's for, can run all of twenty, maybe twenty-five dollars? Ooo! Big deal! And you can get them used for five.
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Drunks can provide plenty of entertainment at arenas, and a protest over a memory card? WTF?
                          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                            The local skin-heads reveled in glee by chaising the PETA folks with their cars when said PETA folks ventured into the traffic to collect money.
                            So wait, am I reading that someone was driving intently in the direction of pedestrians? And did anyone happen to call the police?
                            No good news is good bad news

Comment

Dad had someone picket him a while back... well, if you can call it that. The guy didn't do it in front of Dad's office, but at Shoney's. (Don't ask why, none if this made a lot of sense and I'm posting everything I remember) The sign claimed Dad poisons babies, or some such nonsense. Why was he protesting? Because he was expected to pay his overdue bill.
                              Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X