This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no concierge

In defense of our guests, I will say it was nice when we had a concierge but we dont anymore. We are very short staffed and just dont have the time to book their tours and make their restaurant reservations. This man called with a long list of stuff he wanted us to arrange. I explained to him that we no longer had a concierge but I could give him numbers to call

Guest: I am expected to make these arrangement myself?

Me: well unfortunately, we dont have a concierge any longer

Guest: so I have to suffer?

Me: no sir, I can give you some numbers to call

Guest: unaccpetable, Dave. I made a reservation with you. I want to do everything through you all

Me: sir, we dont have concierge services any longer

Guest: well give me the numbers if you must but I want it noted I am not happy and I will be lodging a complaint about you for taking such a casual attitude toward our vacation. We come down every year and have never been treated this way.

Me: well sir, I tell you what I will do. I will make the calls and arrange everything for you

Guest: now was that so hard?

Me: no sir

so I make all the arrangements and call him back

Me: ok sir, I have your boat tour set up. You can pay when you get there

Guest: can you bill it to my room?

Me: no sir, we dont do that

Guest: this is bullshit. Why cant you take payment for me?

Me: because this is a seperate company. I made the arrangements for you but I cant take payment on their behalf

Guest: well Dave, you sure dont want to make things easy for us, do you? This has been a nightmare of a vacation. I want some kind of compensation for what we have been through.

Me: ok let me connect you to a manager

stay tuned for the outcome

Can I ask the average income range of your customers? I've seen people that started out not-so-wealthy, then got an MBA or other training that suddenly made them wealthy (can you say 'nouveau riche?'), and then acted as if their wealth suddenly transformed them into the fabled ranks of the new nobility (without the polite manners of the Victorian era).

I say 'fabled,' because it only exists as an errant idea in some EW's heads -- we are still a democracy, the last I heard!
    Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

I'm impressed you went out of your way to help that guy, but I'm not impressed with how he responded.

Douche.
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

proof that even when you DO help them
        they're still entitlement whores

Comment

Dave, I'm very disappointed. Why the hell did you help this self-serving self-important self-diddling twat monkey? It was virtually predictable that he would not be happy with you even if you took the tours for him and then gave him a play by play of how the tours were while he received a hot oil massage that you arranged from the Slovakian twins, Elsa and Elga.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

I hope you called and cancelled everything.

Comment

Ditto what Jester said!
              When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Soooo, conciege's are supposed to be tipped, right? "Sure, sir, I'll gladly take payment for your tour, but I'm unable to guarantee the company will receive it"
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Dave works in some strange Fellini film, I think.

Comment

More like Hitchcock, written by Rod Serling and Ray Bradbury.

Comment

VRS, why oh why did you even bother with this EW when he wasn't the least bit happy that you did something for him?!!
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Dave, I can't even tell you how incredible a book you could write based on just one year at your job. You could publish a series, and be a niche hit.

Comment

If the author(authors?) of the Nanny Diaries could write a book and sell big, I'm sure he could! I'd buy it!
                          "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

So this guy's idea of "suffering" is not having someone arrange your vacation plans? I wish I could trade problems with this guy.
                            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

The more I think about it the more I think that everyone who calls Dave is one of my mother's clients... she calls them her 'children' and for good cause... she actually had one come close to throwing a tantrum because she told him that due to the heavy losses he suffered in the stock market this year he would only be able to afford a month of vacation instead of his nomral two months... and btw he would have to chose just one, Europe, Japan, or Australia, he couldn't go to all three like he wanted. Sounds exactly like the type that Dave deals with... if you'd like Dave, I think I can plant the seed in her head that she needs to tell her clients to not take vacations at all this year... if it would help your job be less stressful
                              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                              X