Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attempted dine-and-dash (featuring SC ignorance and cops!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, the fact that the cops were chillin' on teh patio meant that revenge was in fact served cold?

Comment

So, did the family get banned permanently? I certainly hope so. Some "customers" really are not worth their business.

I feel for those of you who wait tables for a living.
      Last edited by aurelemsrealm; 05-14-2009, 08:21 PM. Reason: Quoted to refer back to post, and accidentally forgot to delete it before posting
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

i swear the clerks at my grocery store almost sound timid when they ask me for ID. i should start pulling it out before they ask... i think they assume i'm going to bite their heads off - instead they ask and I say "sure!" with a smile and show my id.

Comment

~sniffle~ That was awesome.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Instant Karma's gonna get you....

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

i've recently seen a lot of news articles (like on aol) suggesting to save money by complaining where ever. why they think this is a good idea, i don't know.
              To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
              my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
                i've recently seen a lot of news articles (like on aol) suggesting to save money by complaining where ever. why they think this is a good idea, i don't know.
                I hate those stories. complaining won't get you a deal. It will only make you look like a donkey's butt.
                "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
                  Because being a cheapskate is the new chic...don't you know....

I mean...Instead of paying $120 for that pair of Ambercrombie jeans, you can now pay $98.....

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                    In what world does that family think it's allright to do that????
                    In their own Perfect Little World, where they are Teh Godz and everyone else lives only to serve them. The Sucky Customerverse.

It's so wonderful to see justice meted out. I sincerely hope that they have been banned. Maybe have their pictures printed onto corkboard so you can throw darts at them!
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                      I remember many a time at the gas station when someone would try to talk down to me and say "REMEMBER it!"
                      "Why? Isn't life depressing enough?"
                      Quoth blas87 View Post
                      or "You better not card me again!"
                      "Are you seriously throwing a tantrum over a little piece of plastic? Get your ID, and while you're at it, get a life."
                      Quoth blas87 View Post
                      and yes, the ever so dramatic "GOD!" or "Jesus Christ!" and whipping their ID practically at my face.
                      "'Jesus Christ'? That's odd, your ID says 'Fred Loserski'!"

I don't understand the fuss over ID either. Yeah, it's such a horrific, terrible burden to carry that small, lightweight plastic card around, it takes a whole two seconds out of your busy day to take it out of your pocket and show it.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth VComps View Post
                        Nate, do you guys have tobacco compliance mystery shops?:
                        Not as many as I wish we did. But we do get them and in fact the last one we had was at my register.

It was a little blond kid with an Atreyu t-shirt. I checked his ID and it was a 1991 birthday. The kid wouldn't be eighteen for another four months and I refused.

But here's the kicker. It's company policy to take the tobacco and alcohol training video every four to six months. I have been taking it on time and the company was satisfied, but the written documentation hadn't been updated since I started working there in 2007.

If I had failed the sting, not only would I have been fined, but the store would have been suspended. I basically took a bullet for the entire store and I still don't even get a thank you.

Comment

I look younger than my actual age. By my own guestimate, I'm generally assumed to be a whopping fifteen years younger than I actually am -- good genes, and good living, I guess! On the rare occassion when I would purchase a delicious alcoholic beverage, I would sometimes be amused if I got carded; especially when I was approaching the back side of my thirties! I was never sucky about it, just surprised.
                          Last edited by SailorMan; 05-15-2009, 10:55 AM.
                          Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Once I was past my early twenties, I considered getting carded to be a compliment of the highest order...
                            Last edited by EricKei; 05-15-2009, 03:51 PM.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I used to buy smokes as a thirteen year old, and never got carded once; probably due to being tall and with big boobs. I think tho that now stores are much stricter, what with the giant fines landed on any employee who gets caught selling to kids, as well as the one given to the store. What with personal responsibility being, you know, something we all should be encouraging, why not whack the kid and/or his or her parents with a fine, too? XD

Anyway, the biggest whinging came from firstly the girl who made the claim that I was only carding her cuz she was black, and second this idiot child who threatened to tell his dad that I wouldn't sell him smokes.
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

The LEOs should have put all three in cuffs. All three are of age, all three got up and left, and all three attempted to leave without paying. All three should have been busted.
                                I wonder what Mrs. SC and juniorette would have thought of good old Mr. SC getting them arrested???
                                Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
                                X