This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You [bloody] arsehole! You actually called them?!?!?"

(With a nod to customersruinmylife for the thread title, uttered by one of his SCs)

One of my colleagues told me about this, which happened yesterday (Saturday) morning before I got on shift. I can't quite decide whether to be glad I wasn't there for this, or disappointed that I wasn't there to see it.......

Woman comes in and attempts to make a purchase with a personal check.

Without ID.

Avril - the morning cashier - informs the woman that we can't accept a check without ID.

Woman says she forgot her ID and demands that Avril accept the check anyway.

Avril stands her ground and says she can't do it.

Woman starts getting belligerent, so The Don - our GM - is summoned.

The Don backs up Avril and says yet again that we can NOT accept a check without ID, period.

Woman explodes.

SC: WELL, THEN I'M GONNA CALL THE POLICE, HAVE THEM CALL THE REGISTRY, AND THEY'LL HAVE THE REGISTRY CALL YOU TO CONFIRM THAT I AM WHO I SAY I AM!!!!!!!!

She then stomped out the door and got on her cell phone.

A few minutes later she stomped back in.

SC: They aren't going to do it!!

Gee, no shit lady. Brilliant move to ACTUALLY call the cops and effectively tell them that you're driving without your license. By the way, how did you expect them to verify who you were over the phone without your ID? You should consider yourself lucky that all they did was laugh you off the phone instead of coming over to arrest you for making a false complaint or just for wasting their time.

Plus, even if by some miracle the police didn't laugh at you, the Registry sure as HELL would have.

She left without buying anything.

(For those not in the US, "the Registry" is the Registry of Motor Vehicles, which issues driver's licenses and government IDs in the state of Massachusetts).
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

I'm wonder if the police threatened her with potential arrrest for attempted fraud?
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

SC: *ranting*
      Cop: Ok ma'am <confirms what SC says>
      SC: Yeeees!
      Cop: Let me see what I can do for you. What king of car do you drive?
      SC: Blue Malbu!!!
      Cop: Ok. And the plate.
      SC: ABC-123.
      Cop: And you name?
      SC: Ms. Moron.
      Cop: You address?
      SC: 123 Asshole ST, Moronsville, MA.
      Cop; Ok, hold on one minute. *pretends to call RMV, pulls up drivers info, relays to office in area* Ma'am. I;m sorry the RMV will not do that.
      SC: Your worthless. *slam*

The SC storms out of the store, gets into car and leaves. Exceeds speed limit by 3 MPH.

Cop: *pulls over SC* License, reg and proof on ins.
      SC: Ummmmmm

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
        (For those not in the US, "the Registry" is the Registry of Motor Vehicles, which issues driver's licenses and government IDs in the state of Massachusetts).
        And for those of you outside of Massachusetts but in the US, the Motor Vehicle Division which used to the Department of Motor Vehicles!
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          And for those of you outside of Massachusetts but in the US, the Motor Vehicle Division which used to the Department of Motor Vehicles!
          Or if you're in Florida, the Department of Motor Vehicles!

...what? It's still called that down here
          <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Around here it's Transport SA, Department of Transport, or DET (Department of Environment and Transport) depending on when you ask. Older people tend to call it the Hightways Department which is what it was called for 50 years. The name changes all happened in the last 15 years or so.

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
              Same here in West Virginia. The good ol' DMV, where lines are long and frustration abounds.
              A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Ministry of Transportation for the WIN! Which reminds me I need to schedule an EDL Appointment...
                Otaku

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
                  Same here in West Virginia. The good ol' DMV, where lines are long and frustration abounds.
                  We still call it the DMV here in sunny Cali, too.

Although, the last time I went in, it took me all of half an hour, without appointment, to get my latest car put in my name and registered all legal-like.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Kinda reminds me of the woman I had several months ago who was out of state, wrote a check for around/over $100 (can't remember off hand), but license had been expired for two years. o.O

Seriously, how can you NOT have your license with you? That's one of the most important things you need to have on your person even if you are NOT driving. o.o
                    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I STILL don't have my license....but permits work just fine....

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
                        Or if you're in Florida, the Department of Motor Vehicles!

Or, if in North Carolina, it's officially the NCDOT Division of Motor Vehicles (according to their website.)

But a lot of the locals still refer to it as the Department of Motor Vehicles.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                          Seriously, how can you NOT have your license with you?
                          I don't know, but ask anybody who sells alcoholic beverages or cigarettes, an awful lot of fools are running around without their driver's license or state ID.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
                            God must love me, because the DMV offices here in Naples FL are fast and friendly.
                            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Still called Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) here in Northern California
                              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                              X