This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had a major theft last night!

Okay, so I work at a liquor store. Last night there were three of us on, the assistant manager, the new girl, and me. I was in the back room doing some six packing (we six pack our own Bud, Coors, Pilsner and Canadian, among others I can't think of at the moment), the AM was in the office up front and the new girl was at her till. Since I was in the back, I can't really see much except a straight line to the in-door. Anyway, supposedly these three guys came into the store and the AM caught one trying to slip a bottle into his shirt. That's right. He was wearing just a shirt in Canadian winter.

Anyway, the little b*st*rds got kicked out of course. A few minutes later one of the little shits ran in through the in-door while one of his buddies stood in the doorway to keep the door sensor active, and he f*cking grabbed a CASE(12) of Smirnoff 750mLs off the display and booted out the door!! That's $300 worth of freaking vodka. Those little sh*ts made me so mad, I wish I had lightning speed so I could have grabbed that kid by the neck as he ran out the door and smashed his face into the window. I would have done it, too. Luckily one of the freaks touched and licked (WTF) a bottle of Tanqueray, so we probably got the one guy from his... doing... that. Yuck. And also, we found one of the Smirnoff bottles outside the doors. So, if we're really lucky that one will have prints, too.

So, yeah. New girl and me had to fill out on a piece of paper all we saw and stuff. I didn't see much really, since I was far from the door and my graphic memory sucks. I do hope the front door camera got a good shot of that little punk, though. They made me sooo angry, I was literally twitching from the adrenaline rush.

[sorry if this is in the wrong sub-forum]

Even though they will never admit it, they are what we like to call alcoholics. Normal people don't have to steal liqour. When you have to rush into a liqour store and steal alcohol with your friends, you need to get some help. That's not normal drinking habits.

This is why every liqour store needs a big bouncer at the front door. Someone makes a dash for the door and runs into bouncer, it's all over.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Greenday, supposedly we used to have some big guy working here as a sort of security guard, but I guess our DM wasn't liking the idea anymore or something. This is the first time in three months being here that I've seen such a theft, so I'm guessing it doesn't happen that often in this store.

Edit: past tense, dummy lol

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
        Even though they will never admit it, they are what we like to call alcoholics. Normal people don't have to steal liqour.
        Its possible they are alcoholics, but its much more likely that they are what we like to call thieves. Most likely, they will sell on the bottles of vodka and buy drugs with the proceeds.

That aside, I am glad you and your team are all OK, CanadaGirl. Robberies are always unnerving. property is insured and replaceable. People are not.
        A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
        - Dave Barry

Comment

I'm not sure how the police handle things in the Great White North, but in the U.S., there is no way they would take prints from bottles for a theft like this. The only time fingerprints and other "scientific" evidence comes into play is if it's a murder, rape, or if the case is getting a lot of publicity. Police here don't generally have the resources or the inclination to go all out for little crimes like that.

Comment

Alcoholics? Probably not. Thieves? Pretty much by definition, yes. Selling the booze? Probably not.

If they were young punks as you said, they stole it because (a) they were underage, (b) they didn't have the money to buy booze, and they wanted to do the typical young punk thing and get wasted, or (c) both of the above.

And I agree with the earlier poster, unlikely (though possible) that the cops will collect fingerprints for what, to them, is a minor theft, and extraordinarily improbable that they will break out the DNA boys for the licked bottle of gin. Those labs are so backed up with major cases that they are not going to bother them for this one. Best bet is the security cam, and maybe the fingerprints.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Our local LCBO has one of the city police hanging around most nights-maybe your boss should look into that.
              Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

I'm not saying all alcoholics steal alcohol, I'm just saying if they need it so badly that they have to steal it, that's pretty much addicted to it. Regardless, it's stupid whether they are drinking it or selling it. I hope they are under 21 but at least 18 this way it stays on their records and they can be treated as adults. I may be against giving kids underages when they are just hanging around drinking not harming anyone as long as they don't go around drunk, but thieving? Give em every possible fine available.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

The cops here are notorious for not giving a crap about our thefts. Ironic since there is a cop station maybe 200 yards away from the store. All that gets done is LP comes down, looks at the camera footage, gets a good shot of the perp and prints it off. Then, I believe, a copy is given to the cops and a few are copied and taped to the backs of our tills. Sigh.

Yeah, I don't think they are alcoholics. An alcoholic would steal one bottle and be descrete about it, since they usually feel ashamed. A stupid punk kid would steal as much as possible so he can get sh*t faced and brag about his act to his buddies.

Comment

Also, Greenday: drinking age here is 18, but lately the law has been overly lenient with the teen crowd over law breaking. There was a story in the paper about two 16 year olds or a 16 and 17 year old that dragged the family dog down a road by vehicle.(poor dog had to be put down) I think all the little sh*ts got was community service. ><

Comment

And if the little darlings happened to get into a wreck or injured while drunk, they would sue your store for letting them steal it in the first place.

Comment

Quoth CanadaGirl View Post
                        Also, Greenday: drinking age here is 18, but lately the law has been overly lenient with the teen crowd over law breaking. There was a story in the paper about two 16 year olds or a 16 and 17 year old that dragged the family dog down a road by vehicle.(poor dog had to be put down) I think all the little sh*ts got was community service. ><

If it were up to me I wouldn't have given them community service. My punishment for them would be to drag them both down the road by vehicle until they had to be put down.

Comment

What gives people the idea that dragging the family dog down the road with a car would be a fun thing to do? I don't think that even if I were drunk or high that this would appear to me to be a fun thing to do.

Comment

Quoth gregmaddux17 View Post
                            If it were up to me I wouldn't have given them community service. My punishment for them would be to drag them both down the road by vehicle until they had to be put down.

I am like you on that. If anyone does wrong, then let the punishment fit the crime....i.e. If they dragged the dog, then they should get dragged.
                            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                              I am like you on that. If anyone does wrong, then let the punishment fit the crime....i.e. If they dragged the dog, then they should get dragged.
                              It makes sense to me. Plus, they can save the blood from the bodies and the body parts to save other people's lives that actually are good for the society.

Comment

Working...
                              X