This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
    He is what is known as a functional alcoholic. It gets worse as time goes on, believe me. I had a boss like that.
    That also could describe my ex-stepdad. He could drink a 12 pk of Miller High Life every evening after work, yet at 4:30 the next morning he would be up and going to work.

From what I've heard lately, he's paying for it now. He's lost a bunch of weight (he was always kinda small to begin with) and is not only having not much appetite, but he's also suffering from shortness of breath (heavy 2 pk a day smoker on top of the beer) and is basically wasting away.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      you mean you guys hired a known methhead?
      No, they buy the books with their own money (or dumpster dive for them my the looks of many) and sell them to us. They can be real pains in the ass to deal with. They don't seem to grasp the fact that their desire for drug money doesn't make the books they bring more desirable.
      Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

All I can tell you is they annoy the sh*t out of me. It's because of them, and them alone, that I have to produce a driver's license and can't buy more than 3.6 grams of sudafed per month. That normally isn't a problem, but when all three of us get a nasty cold, it's a PITA. Between the Nyquil, Dayquil, Sudafed, Children's medicines, etc- we're damn near over the limit. It's easier for me to obtain Everclear than it is Sudafed.

When I briefly misplaced my license this summer, I was knee deep in a sinus infection..... I scooted off the the BMV just so I could buy decongestants.

Given the chance, I'd be happy to bitchslap a few meth-heads for providing this inconvenience.

Comment

Quoth Mighty Girl View Post
          Given the chance, I'd be happy to bitchslap a few meth-heads for providing this inconvenience.
          I'll happily join you. Both DH and I have sinus problems, and living in Allergy Central (aka Sacramento) doesn't help. The reformulated decongestants are better than nothing, but not as good as the prior formula.
          Can we start the slapfest with my sorry excuse for a stepfather? He's into meth, gambling, booze, shacking up with someone else while married to my mother, and sticking her with major financial messes.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I hope you were kidding because I do not recommend bitch slapping a tweaker. That could be a very, very bad situation.

I must say that I understand those who have never dealt with being strung out on Meth and it's not your fault that people get that way...but those new laws that limit the sale of Sudafed are much needed. Meth is terrible - TERRIBLE - and very easily manufactured with simple over-the-counter ingredients. I know it's a PITA for y'all, but think of the children. I have horror stories that would make your skin crawl regarding the folks I knew who were strung out who had children.

I have been in contact with Partnership for a Drug Free America, they have my story and are working putting it on their website. It may be awhile off, they are working with their site advertisers and web people now to get all the new stories added, but if and when it makes it to the web page, I'll post the link here.
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
              I'm glad you're in this side now Friendof very glad, you're one person I like to read on the forums.
              Thank you!
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                No, they buy the books with their own money (or dumpster dive for them my the looks of many) and sell them to us. They can be real pains in the ass to deal with. They don't seem to grasp the fact that their desire for drug money doesn't make the books they bring more desirable.
                Oh yeah, when you need money for drugs, anything you find can be worth a million bucks in your feeble mind...

There's a girl I know in the rooms (the 12-step meetings) and she used to sell drugs and she had this one girl come around who only had three dollars and a shower curtain rod and wanted something for that.

I also knew someone who did that with clothing they had. She gave me a pile of stuff to take to Plato's Closet, this consignment type shop and told me I could get at least $80 for it and I think I got $1.50. Wee hoo!

Comment

Working...
                X