This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get. Out. (NSFW?)

So I've been off the board for quite some time now.
    During most of the winter I was only mildly employed (working about 4 hours a week) and then I was flat out UNemployed until May.

My new job is at an adult store. An adult toy store, if you catch my drift.
    If you don't, we sell dildos, vibrators et al.

It's simple, it's relaxed, it's easy, and believe it or not the weirdo to good customer ration is about 1:50.
    But then there is the ASSHOLE to good customer ratio.
    Most of our jerks are strippers. They bitch and moan about our shoe selection as well as our lingerie, not taking into account that the majority of our sales are focused on toys.

On top of the strippers (hey-oh) are the losers who come in for a good laugh.
    This story is about one of those people.

I should mention that I was told right off the bat when I started here that, "We don't get paid to take people's shit so if someone is creeping you out or pissing you off you tell them to leave."

POWEEEEEEEEEER!

Alright, so Douchebag and his loyal sidekick Sir Chuckles come in while I am ringing through a woman's purchase.
    I knew the second they walked in they were going to be a pain and so did the woman I was helping.

douchebag = DB
    female customer = FC

DB: Ah man, I ALWAYS walk past this joint and never come in! This is AWESOME!
    FC: *looks to me and rolls her eyes*
    Me: *whispering to FC* Oooh lucky meeee!
    FC: HA! Good luck with these idiots.
    DB: *to me* So which one of these [14" dildos] is your favourite?
    Me: The one with the chain on the end. It makes for a good throwing tool.

DB and Sir Chuckles giggle and I redirect my attention to my crossword puzzle.

DB: Ah yeah, I'm getting horny just thinking about you using it.
    Me: *snaps up* Alright, get out!
    DB: What?
    Me: You heard me. Get out, don't come back and do it without opening your mouth.
    DB: Why do you gotta be such a prude? You'd think you'd be a little more loose if you work in a sex store.
    Me: Let me tell you something: we don't put up with smartasses here and it has nothing to do with being PRUDE and everything to do with being RUDE. You're rude. Get out.

AT this point they're both standing by the exit but holding their ground as if to say, "I'm not moving, bitch. MAKE me leave."
    I'm a small woman and these are two dudes who are looking to act like jackasses. I'm not taking any chances.

DB: That's probably why you need those things, cuz you're such a BITCH!
    Me: I can do with the smaller cocks too, you little shithead. *Here is where I pick up the Penis Putter golf club* Now GET OUT! And don't EVER come back!

When my CW came in for the shift change I told her about these two and her response was, "I would have hit 'em with the fucking thing."

I love my job.

I'm glad you don't have to tolerate shit.

Before I started working at the factory, I DID apply at the local pron shop....and even though I didn't get an interview, the clerk on duty told me all about the job and how they are allowed to kick people out for being nasty and hitting on the clerk.

It's called an adult store, you should be expected to like an adult. Sure, laugh at the gag gifts and goodies for bachelor/ette party stuff, but for the love of God.....if you can't be mature, don't go in there!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Glad you're back amongst the working.

Quoth rerant View Post
      My new job is at an adult store. An adult toy store, if you catch my drift.
      If you don't, we sell dildos, vibrators et al.
      *snerk* Way to ease us in to it.

That came out wrong.

On a lark, a friend and I went in to an adult shop once. The stuff they had in there blew my mind.

Okay, that came out wrong too.
      But at least I was mostly a grown-up about it. Didn't hassle the clerks. Was stunned at the price of movies in there, too.

(Un?)Fortunately, I think you're gonna have some good stories from working there.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Oh man! I am so so so jealous! That sounds like a dream job, sex toys and being able to tell customers to gtf out!
        "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

For some reason this reminds me of a movie where someone gets beat with a dildo....

Would beating a dildo with a dildo be cannibalism?

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
            Would beating a dildo with a dildo be cannibalism?
            No. Why would you possibly think that!? Cannibalism requires eating, not beating.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I've thought about applying at... well, it's probably the only classy toy store in the city (that inclues Toys R Us), but I don't think they're hiring. T-T

Frankly, I like the place. The people who work there are all so nice. Only problem is the lack of pron for wimmins. >< Not even a decent guy/guy movie. Everything just makes ya feel creepy by looking at the blasted covers.

You'd think more customers would be, like... SENSIBLE and DECENT HUMAN BEINGS. I mean, there are CAMERAS in there. Some horrible, depraved, evil, EVIL security guard could pick out your identity from the credit card transactions and blackmail you with the security footage. Then everyone will know about that gigantic *edited for content* you bought to go in your *hide thine eyes* while you watch that DVD with the *oh no you don't* doing *eep* with the *omg!*, which is illegal in most states.

I mean, really.
              Last edited by HorrorFrogPrincess; 07-24-2009, 04:08 AM.
              "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

And now I'm reminded of the weapon a good friend chose for her trip to NYC last year.

A fairly large, double-ended dildo.

The same item provided security for her on her flight out to Portland, OR to see another friend of ours. Because, honestly, if you see that on your xray screen, are YOU going to say anything?

Comment

Oooooohhh, a toy store.

Quoth blas87 View Post
                  I'm glad you don't have to tolerate shit.
                  I would think it would be a requirement for working at such a place. Someone working at these places would HAVE to be able to tell people to GTFO when they cross the line.

Glad you're working again.

Eric the Grey
                  In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

First time I ever heard of someone being dick whipped.
                    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                      First time I ever heard of someone being dick whipped.
                      You don't get out much, do ya?
                      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                        You don't get out much, do ya?
                        No. But I get in a lot.
                        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

My best friend worked in an adult novelty store here in town, and one of the things that amazed him was how FEW SC's he had in there. Having read this website for a while, I realize that it must be because while you might be willing to put up a fuss over a $25 object in a Wal-Mart, you're less likely to do so in a sex shop, where "getting a great deal of attention" might not be on the list of your options for the day, as well as the lower "I'm being paid to take your crap" threshold of the people who work the counters of such places.

My best friend was also 6'7" tall and clocked in at a good 300 pounds. No one was gonna try anything with him anyway.

Love, Who?

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                            But at least I was mostly a grown-up about it. Didn't hassle the clerks.
                            There's a big difference between giggling over toys with your friends and telling the clerk what you would like to see them do with said toys.

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                            Then everyone will know about that gigantic *edited for content* you bought to go in your *hide thine eyes* while you watch that DVD with the *oh no you don't* doing *eep* with the *omg!*, which is illegal in most states.
                            Thanks for sending me off to bed [alone, for the record] with a .
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

Thanks for sending me off to bed [alone, for the record] with a .
                              I do my best.

Comment

Working...
                              X