This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angry Italian women are scary!

So yesterday I answer the phone at work and an angry italian lady is SCREAMING angry! No one can be as angry as a screaming italian lady....

She asks for an employee who hasnt worked with us since august and gets even madder when I inform her shes left, we have an event co-ordinator who does all of our fundraising drives etc. The last EC was at the gallery for 8 years, the new one has been here for 4 months..barely! So alot of the supporters dont know the new EC.

Now at our gallery, we have sponsors who donate money/art etc and depending on the level of support, they get certain benefits. This lady donates around 10 grand a year and has for a good part of the last decade. So shes pretty well up there on the VIP list. One lady has donated so much she has her own art studio at the gallery... and they get special mailouts kissing arse, oh thank you thank you thank you etc.

Back to the story....WADDA MEAN SHES LEFT!!!!!!!!!
    then... I got the giggles, it was funny, she was just so....
    I dont know....angry and yet comical at the same time? I bit my tounge and managed to get her on hold and raced off to get help! (im just the entry level brand new clerk remember!)

Well apprently she wasnt thanked in the newsletter for the latest fundraising efforts and she was MAD

Anyway so I pass it off and up the chain she goes, assistant gallery attendant, executives assistant, event organiser, administrative executive and then finally a confrence call with the executive director.

I was in the room but instructed to be silent (only the two big bosses were allowed to talk), they wanted me as a witness I suppose, the other people were there as well. So shes ranting on and on, about how she wasnt thanked and how this is the 8th year shes donated art work and 10 grand and she will never support us again and HOW DARE WE. Julia and Gwen (the two big bosses) are apologuising profusely, really in damage control mode....

(cue climax music) They are frantically searching through the mail out....and on page 36 there is a fold out portion...on the fold out portion....guess who got a full page thank you from the gallery....

she hadnt noticed the fold out portion
    so Gwen points this out....and the line goes silent

silence...silence...silence...were all looking at each other with our jaws on the floor and then she starts back peddling like crazy, saying what a great job we do and well done and shes so proud to be part of the gallery
    it was just one of those... I cant believe this moments

But I could just imagine how she must have felt on the end of that phone line
    rightious indignation....woosh to utter humilation
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Oh, BOY.

I don't know which was greater when you guys found that you HAD thanked her: her embarassment or your boss's sense of relief. She must have been giddy with it.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
      No one can be as angry as a screaming italian lady....
      we're number one! We're number one! oh wait that's supposed to be a bad thing.....

BlaqueKatt-Redheaded Sicilian(double shot of temper)
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Actually a screaming German lady with a rotten turkey is terrifying.

Comment

Excuse me? An small wirey El Salvadorean man in a white silk bow-tie waving a carving knife is much more terrifying. It should be a feature at a haunted house. Just after you pass the glow-in-the-dark skellingtons he jumps out and curses at you in Spanish, waving his carving knife.
          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

And let's not forget angry Indian boss ladies. The Gujarati Raging Fury is not a force to be trifled with.
            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

According to my husband, I'm the scariest in all the land (polish/german/swedish/russian). However, I've seen angry italian women in action, and they can be pretty horrific.

*Side note, kind of funny- when my dad would get really mad when I was a kid, he would start swearing in polish. That's when I knew it was best to just stay out of his way. It really is best to have an early warning system in place.
              Last edited by Mighty Girl; 12-01-2006, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Quoth crazyofficeclerk View Post
                Actually a screaming German lady with a rotten turkey is terrifying.
                Sounds like quite a story.
                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

At least she didn't come down there and hit you with a big wooden spoon
                  Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

I don't know. My husband says I bring down the wrath of God when I'm angry.
                    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Crazy Tourette's Syndrome Dude is pretty scary when he gets on a roll at the pharmacy counter....
                      Haven't seen him in awhile though, I'm really ok with that.

Comment

I get the "Old enough to be the father of god German man who was almost certainly in the Nazi party at one point and says he loves the city we live in because there aren't many Jews".
                        Now THAT'S frightening.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Redheaded Viking here, and the b/f learned the true meaning of fury once and only once.

We were going hiking, and he wanted to explore some trails that were unknown to me, I asked him if he had his cell phone before we got too far, and he said he did. Well about 5 hours later, we come out of the woods 12 miles from where I live. I told him to get on the phone and call my brother to come get us. Come to find out he did not have the cell with him. It only took me about 2 1/2hours to walk home I was so hopping mad. Now I'm 6' tall, with a 38'' inseam, he's 5'8" with a 32" inseam. He had to run to keep up with me, and if he lost me he was totally screwed because he had no clue where in tarnation we were. Once I got home I practically collapsed, but Viking fury got me home.
                          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                            we're number one! We're number one! oh wait that's supposed to be a bad thing.....

BlaqueKatt-Redheaded Sicilian(double shot of temper)
                            Double shot here too - I'm Sicilian and Spanish!
                            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth ladyklack View Post
                              At least she didn't come down there and hit you with a big wooden spoon
                              HAAAAA!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Oh, man...

My mother's Italian.

Comment

Working...
                              X