Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got to do a stupid tax, and I loved it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got to do a stupid tax, and I loved it.

As the title says, someone earned a stupid tax at the restaurant.

Friday, a customer comes in yacking on his damn crackberry (or iPhone, or whatever), he talks for several minutes. He pulls away from the phone and tries to place an order. He says 2 Shrimpburgers. I ask if he'd like anything else with that today. He just keeps yacking on the phone (which I'm starting to suspect is dispensing mind warping drugs). He yacks for several minutes. He finally says 2 medium rootbeers. So I tell him the total and he gives me his card, while yacking. I ask for his ID. He yacks for several minutes, while I wait to run his card. I ask again. He's still yacking and hands me his ID. I run his card and start the order.

4 minutes later his order is done I bag it up and pour his 2 rootbeers. He's still yacking away. I set his food and pop right in front of him and tell him to have a great day. He takes his food and 1 pop and leaves.

I really don't have any desire to tell him that he forgot his second pop. Frankly, I don't care. He got to pay a stupid tax, twice. First the order should have taken 5 minutes, took over 10, because he couldn't get off his damn phone long enough to order properly. Second he left his other pop behind. I decided to give it to the gal who was working at the gas station, because I don't drink pop. She enjoyed the pop, and enjoyed hearing about the moron.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Stupid is as stupid does. I have plenty of SC's that I could charge the stupid tax...too bad I can't really do it.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Sad thing is he's surely going to get wherever he's going, hang the damn phone, sit down, and then go "Those useless morons at <place> gave me only one rootbeer! they can't do anything right!
      I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

A friend of mine who works for a major coffee chain has told me he politely asks customers to get off their phone when placing an order. Not sure if he has done it at this chain, or if it was only at places he previously worked at.

Comment

Wasn't there something about some stores now refusing to serve customers until they get off their phones/take out their headphones? I dream of the day!

Wonder why they called the phone a fruit. Blackberry. Maybe change the name for the color. Strawberry, Blueberry, Plumberry, Shnozzberry...
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

One of our local bagel shops doesn't allow cell phones in the store at all. It doesn't matter if you are at the counter or not. The first time you'll be asked to take it out side if you still ignore it you'll be asked to leave.

Comment

I still have to try the local ice cream shop that has it right on the door that if you are on the phone in line/at the counter, you will not be served.
              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                Wasn't there something about some stores now refusing to serve customers until they get off their phones/take out their headphones? I dream of the day!
                There are places here that do that, and have a nice big sign next to the register saying so, too. They actually enforce it! I love it when stores are allowed to make it PERFECTLY clear to people who do that, that they'd rather not have their business.
                Wonder why they called the phone a fruit.... Strawberry, Blueberry, Plumberry, Shnozzberry...
                I'd rather have an Everlasting Gobstopper, thank you ^_^
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The only cellphone that annoys me is the chirpy phone.

Comment

SCs are like dogs. If we want them to stop using their phones when placing an order, you have to train them that they won't get served if they talk.

The problem is that, like dogs, you have to do it every time, in every store, or they'll never pick up on the pattern. As long as so many people in retail hell don't think it's worth the trouble of possibly angering the SC, the SCs'll never learn. But I'm not gonna force any retail people to do something potentially dangerous, so we're kind of stuck.

The biggest problem is that, unlike dogs, SCs aren't cute enough to get away with it.
                    Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

Whenever someone comes through my line yapping on a cell phone, i don't say a word to them. I don't say Hi or anything.

The vast majority of the people on cell phones will surely screw up their payment on the debit machine. I just stand there and say nothing.

As far as a stupid tax, I wont ask for their savings card either and most of the time they leave without getting their discount. Oh well....It would be rude for me to interupt!
                      WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

I have to know: what's a Shrimpburger?
                        EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
                        ~-~
                        Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Quoth MrsEclipse View Post
                          SCs are like dogs. If we want them to stop using their phones when placing an order, you have to train them that they won't get served if they talk.

The biggest problem is that, unlike dogs, SCs aren't cute enough to get away with it.
                          I thought the biggest problem was that you couldn't hit them with a rolled up newspaper.
                          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                            The Post Office branch near me has been doing this for years. Really wish we could do this at the pharmacy. Of course, it's only drugs that you're going to be putting in/on your body. Why would you care if it's right or not?

Quoth batmoody View Post
                            Whenever someone comes through my line yapping on a cell phone, i don't say a word to them. I don't say Hi or anything.
                            I do the opposite. I talk louder than I need to....especially if they're being obnoxious or getting pissed off 'cause I keep asking them questions. Like their name.
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Aisling View Post
                              I have to know: what's a Shrimpburger?
                              A shrimpburger is a lot like a fish sandwich, only shrimp. If you like shrimp, you'd like the shrimpburger.

I would have loved to wait to serve the idiot till he was done, but I'd still be waiting for the idiot to order (Wednesday).
                              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
                              X