This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats hilarious

i witnessed with my own 2 eyes a dummy who walks into a store full of lighters, he shops around than asks the cashier if there's a way he can get a sample of one of them..... ROTFLMAO!!!! i litteraly laughed at him and walked outside gagging from no air to my lungs.
    CONVERGYS/COMCAST'S FINEST OVER THE PHONE SLAVE "TAKING CRAP FROM EACH CUSTOMER WITH HALF OF WHAT THE REAL EMPLOYEE FROM COMCAST GETS PAID AND A SMILE AND AN APOLOGY!

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
      You can't light up in the store, you can't come back in with a lit cigarette, how were you planning to return it?
      They're not Just like when one "borrows" a cig or a piece of notebook paper.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        They're not Just like when one "borrows" a cig or a piece of notebook paper.
        Hey I resent that I returned my friend's piece of notebook paper when I was done with it. It flew at him (paper airplane) nicely

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
          I can't get over that "borrow" one thing. Ummm, it's illegal to be inside with a lit cigarette. You can't light up in the store, you can't come back in with a lit cigarette, how were you planning to return it?
          Oh, even I, the Lifelong NonSmoker, can answer that. You borrow lighter, go outside, light up cigarette, smoke it, finish it, then go back inside to return lighter.

I've seen it done before many times.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
            I bet they stopped offering the matches because of how much money it cost to provide them.
            Quoth ralerin View Post
            It cost us $45 for a bag of matches, 100 to a box, I think 100 to a bag. And we were giving them away for free. So yes, lots of money being lost right there. Besides, people can buy cheapie 2 packs of lighters for a buck and a dime.
            Actually, as I understand it, most places stopped doing the free matches because of silly ideas about how giving away matches encourages people to smoke, or some such.

And the cost of the matches is more than made up by the extra people who will drive out of their way, wasting time and gas, to get their cigs at the place that gives away matches. People can be stupid cheap sometimes.
            Quoth Terinka View Post
            whoa are people really doing that? Are they really that cheap??
            See above.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

What amazes me is the number of people who will come in and ask for a book of matches without buying anything. Once I refused a repeat offender (who also had a habit of using our microwave and bathroom), and she proceeded to ask a customer on his way in for a light. He gave her one, unfortunately.

Quoth Jester View Post
              Probably because they lose them. I know that anything I lose a lot (pens), I never lay out decent money for a good version
              "I bought a seven-dollar pen, because I always lose pens and I got sick of not caring." - Mitch Hedberg

Couldn't resist.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                I have never smoked, and yet I keep ending up with women who do. Go figger.
                Face it J, you like SMOKIN' (said in a Jim Carrey voice) women

Comment

I DO like smokin' women. I just am not particularly fond of when women I'm with smoke.

My father, a lifelong smoker, had a little sign that he would put up from time to time, and it eventually made it into his book: "Kissing a smoker is like licking a dirty ashtry. YUCK!"

And yes, there is a difference. Just like I don't smoke. But face it....I AM smooookkkkkiiiiinnnnn'!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                  X