This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get called a lot of names...*language*

As some of you may have realized by now one of the favorite terms of my customers is "mother fucker". I get called that quite frequently.

Tonight a guy who didn't have ID (so he couldn't rent) decided to put a spin on it and called me a "fucking cunt".

My SM:
    The people in line behind him:
    My co-workers:
    The stoned teenager: "Duuuude, that's not very nice."

We almost needed a shovel to scoop all the jaws up off the floor.

Dude didn't hear him though because I was telling him, "Get out of my store and Never. Ever. come back."

The next people in line (including the teen) were nice and tried to cheer me up.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

I'm sorry to hear that.

I've been spit at.
    Had DVD's thrown at me.
    Been called a bitch.

but never, ever had someone call me that.

Good for you for throwing him out of the store.

um...wait...There was the one tweaker dude who may have called me that, but it was hard to tell exactly what he was saying as he was kind of slavering at that point...

Comment

I got called a "dick" the other night over the phone by some drunkdialing woman who decided to cuss out the cable company at 3AM.

The odd part is, if I ever talked to my customers the way my customers routinely talk to me, it would get posted on the internet and become Big News.

I've said this before... I spent three and half years dealing with hardcore schizophrenics... if one of my former clients said the crap I hear every night from customers, I'd be in their psychiatrist's office the next morning for a consult.
      I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

The most creative I've been called thus far is, and I quote: "Fucking chocolate fairy fudge packer."

From a drunken asshat caller I had already hung up on once for being a jerk. He called back 3 times to offer his opinion on what he thought my sexual perferences were.

Comment

Good for you NightAngel, I know you're a tough woman and won't put up with name-calling like that. That's just obnoxious.

And I certainly believe that some customers have such a problem with showing ID that they do resort to the c word or the t word and of course, everyone's favorite f bomb. It happened to me as well.........

"Can I see ID?"
          "Dont got it"
          "Sorry, no booze..."
          "You fuckin little preppy bitch!"
          or "You stupid little slut!" etc etc etc etc........how pathetic.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Hey, thanks guys. I just neded a bit of the old rant/vent.

Quoth Maevis View Post
            Had DVD's thrown at me.
            One of the many reasons I'm glad we don't carry VHS anymore. DVDs can hurt but those VHS tapes were like mini- bricks!
            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
            HellGate: London

Comment

Another BK story, Once we had two guys come in and get pissed because we had ended our 99 cent Whopper deal. They waited until I went on break and then lied and said I had not given them their fries. The new cashier simply handed it over to them without looking at their reciept. When their scam was discovered they were asked to leave one of the guys chucked his fries at me in retaliation.

Another time a guy in the drive thru chucked a handful of pennies at my face and cried out "That's your tip c#$t" Some customers should be placed under house arrest so they can't torture other people.
              My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                DVDs can hurt but those VHS tapes were like mini- bricks!
                Occasionally I get hit in the head by a dvd case when I'm emptying out the drop box. It doesn't hurt to bad, but I always make a big show of yelling OW and rubbing my head just to see who apologizes and who pretends they can't hear or see me. I once had a woman stare right at me as I'm hamming it up and just turn and walk away without saying anything. I made my co-worker ring her up on her way out, no way was I dealing with her!
                Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

I think the worst I've had went something like this (and I'll track my responses as the line goes on, since it was a bit funny in the end ):

(It begins at the end of a long argument, I'm fairly hot right now)

Customer: Goddamned fucking lame-ass son of a bitch monkey...

(did he just say monkey?)

...pigless...

(wait, what?)

...corn-picking bastardized Mexican...

(I'm starting to chuckle now...I'm about as far from any ethnicity other than "horribly pale" as one can get)

...jackass STOP BLOODY LAUGHING!

He stormed off at this point as I was almost doubled over laughing at him. It's by far the most entertaining thing I've ever been called...I wonder what he was building up to though. If I'd let him go on a few more minutes, I might have just passed out from lack of oxygen and gotten to go home...
                  "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                  "What IS fun to fight through?"
                  "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I got called an "asshole" once, by a customer when I dared to be on my lunch. I was going to offer to call someone up to help him, until he called me that. After that, I decided he could go fornicate himself with a pointy stick. I was off the clock, and I didn't have to lift a finger for him if I didn't want to.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I've been called various names just because of a lousy parking spot, some of the names:

Asshole
                      Motherfucker
                      Dumbass stoner (Long hair and everything)
                      Racist
                      Prick
                      and cocknocker by some old guy
                      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

One time I got called a motherfucker by some kid who I swear was all coked up.

I'm not sure that he singled me out though. He was stomping around like a maniac listening to a portable CD player and just generally looking like he wasn't all hooked up.

Funniest name I ever heard somebody be called though, was "sperm-burping bar whore", from one drunken friend of mine to another. Babysitting drunks can be fun sometimes.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Oh, at radioshack we get the most creative of customers, sometimes, they curse at me en espanol, which means I get to swear back at them as such. I just can't curse in english, how weird is that?

I've been called:
                          Short-Haired Kraut Mick Fucknut. (that was my all -time fav. to this day it makes me laugh to myself.)

Cabronsito(spanish)---look up what it means, for i will not say on here.

here's one that i just didnt quite get....Round-Eyed Bastard. I know it's an asian style insult....from like, the 60's....but this guy was from Germany...

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            Funniest name I ever heard somebody be called though, was "sperm-burping bar whore", from one drunken friend of mine to another.
                            The version I heard was "sperm-burping gutter slut. To this day one of my favorite phrases, insults or otherwise, of all time!

Myself, I've gotten called a smartass at work.
                            Actually, I've gotten called a smartass at work just about every day.
                            Oh, wait a minute.
                            I AM a smartass at work just about every day!

Hey, sometimes the customers DO get it right!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

I got told I was mean today....I guess following DEA laws isn't particularly nice of me. I'll give this charmer his own thread, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X