Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you've ever extolled the virtues of fresh Krispy Kreme donuts...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you've ever extolled the virtues of fresh Krispy Kreme donuts...

... to the self check attendant who is pointedly ignoring you, you might be a redneck.
    </Jeff Foxworthy>
    If you then proceed to let your daughter rip open a package of press on nails so she can be the prettiest princess, then flop around on the ledge of our window, losing most of those fake nails, and demand (not request, DEMAND!) the clerk get you some obscure brand of cigarettes he/she/it has never heard of, without so much as a thank you, and then attempt to come back into the store after the clerk has found the trail of evidence pointing at your daughter as a thief, do not be surprised if he/she/it kicks you out.
    "I call murder on that!"

But fresh krispy kreme donuts make the world go round!

...If nothing else, they make me round... >_> <_<
    Coworker: Distro of choice?
    Me: Gentoo.
    Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Clearly, you have never eaten a Krispy Kreme donut.

Man, they just renovated the KK bakery right up the road here (yeah, I have to drive by when they are making the things...it's enough to make you forsake Adkins on occasion. The smell...Oh, dear Lord in Heaven, the smell...). It looks like a giant KK donut box now.

Comment

Damnit Now I want Krispy Kreme..... And the closest one is WAY out in the valley! Why do you hate me!?

:P
        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
        -Red

Comment

Meh

KK, eh, they're OK. For pure doughnut heaven, try Westernco Doughnut.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...83793036430168

Comment

The previous clearance swamp regime wanted us to be all things to all people, so they rolled out all kinds of half-baked ideas of things we should sell (Milk! Newspapers! Expanded grocery section! Dollar store!).

The one and only thing they brought in that I liked was Krispy Kreme doughnuts, probably fairly fresh from the bakery because they arrived very early in the morning.

When I was on third shift, we used to get a box just for us third shift people to enjoy. Until the day people began complaining. Party poopers.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Mmmmmmmm, Krispy Kreme... ~ <3 Pure love in pastry form ~ <3 Nothing compares for us. There's a Dunkin Doughnuts across the street from Land of the Red Vest, but we all still prefer KK to DD. Leave a box of each in the break room, and the KK is gone in an hour. The DD is there by the end of the day still, with one lonely doughnut left. If that TELLS you anything... ~

That kid's not gonna grow up well if their parent acts like that towards the CLERK for THEIR kid stealing...
              Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Mmmmmmmm. Doooonuuuuutsssss!
                Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

*hurls all over the thread*

Sorry.... I can't stand KK donuts in any way, shape, or form. They're tasteless, over-puffy, over-sweet, and have no substance. Give me a real doughnut any day.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

EEWIE EEWIE EEWIE Andara puked on me!

*jumps into shower fully clothed
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Really? A hot fresh KK is my idea of ambrosia.
                      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

There is nothing quite like a hot, fresh Krispy Kreme....

And a nice, hot Dicken's Cider.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                          Really? A hot fresh KK is my idea of ambrosia.

They used to be mine too. That was until I met my now hubby. He was a baker for them. The sickly sweet smell that embed-ed itself into every molecule of his clothing It made it so I couldn't stand them any longer. He would get home around 1am walk into the bedroom and the smell would wake me up. I finally started making him go into the bathroom shower and change before coming into the bedroom. That was (oh god... I'm getting old) 17+ years ago.

sockpuppet

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            *hurls all over the thread*

Sorry.... I can't stand KK donuts in any way, shape, or form. They're tasteless, over-puffy, over-sweet, and have no substance. Give me a real doughnut any day.

^-.-^
                            omg thaaaaaaank yoooooou...i think i had a KK years ago. maybe. not sure. but the smell is just...no. there used to be this bakery in the town i grew up. it looked like a basket. they made the best doughnuts. they had this one that was all raspberry filled and delicious. mmm...they had a good lemon one. and creme. mmm...
                            but alas, they shut down a few years ago. right around the time the only KK bakery opened up in town, now that i think about it. yup. they tore down this awesome building with mega-tasty doughnuts and built a car parts store there.

...jerks.
                            If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                            ^_^

Comment

A little of A, a little of B

KK is kinda like Starbucks here -- why have them when the local stuff is so much better? o_O (not to mention significantly cheaper -- especially in SB's case)

I will admit, FRESH HOT KK is pretty good. Once it cools off, it's like warm Coke: tolerable at best; but usually far lower down the scale than that . That, methinks, is why they vanish quickly. There's no choice. You HAVE to eat them hot. By the end of the day, they're inedible; at leat Dunkins (or Tastee Donuts, here) are still soft and reasonably tasty after having sat out for awhile.
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X