This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep you still can't return that. . .

Let me start with the current situation. Currently I'm on vacation, and on a free moment I'll check things like my facebook, email, and this site

Now that's been stated let me now go onto my story.

Soo a few days before I left for vacation, a snotty female of a SC came into the autocenter and wanted to return some jumper cables. Ok no problem, she didn't have the need for them, ok cool. In her snotty attitude she says how she bought them a few days prior at another store (again not a problem) and how she didn't need them. I ask for her receipt, which she had and she places the box on the counter.

Course I immediately see the box looks to have been opened (again not an issue, we can seal it back, its in a flimsy cardboard box cause they are the cheapest set of jumper cables we carry). I look inside to see if the cables are in there and if they had been used (which would then make it nonreturnable) Course she pipes saying the box is open cause that's how she got it, which I find funny cause we don't 'just give you a box' of jumper cables, we have it on a shelf which you pick up and bring to the counter to be rung out for. Also (which I never understood) is why some SC's feel the right to open a box of something and look at it before deciding to purchase, like they hope if they open it, a large rainbow will come swirling out of the box and out will spill gold coins.

I examine the cables and my judgment is correct, they have been used (the copper part that connects to the terminals have electric shock marks and cables look dingy). My co-worker is standing next to me and notices as well. Of course I tell her we can't return them cause they have been used and I show her how we were able to come up with that conclusion. She obviously is not happy and goes on her spiel about how that is what they looked like before she bought them, which to both me and my CW are like thats impossible cause if they were sold to you in that condition, one would not pay full price let alone such a thing would have been taken off the shelf. Before she can pull the 'speak to a manager card' I inform her, that we could return the cables but we would have to charge a 15% restocking fee and before she can mutter a sentence about how she didn't know or how lame our return policy is, I show it to her in the print on the back of the receipt. . . .I WIN!!!

Realizing she won't get her or all her money back she grabs the box and snatches the wrinkled up receipt from my hand and walks out muttering vague obscenities.

Come today I get a text from my CW who was there that girl a few days before with cable return. He tells me how she came back and tried to return them again with another CW, this time with a guy (possibly bf) accompanying her. Course they put up a bigger fuss and my SM was there who at times is a push over but at the same time is like 'just take care of them and get them outta here, I don't want to see them again' stance. Especially being how they were cheap 20 buck cables my SM was supposedly going to return them and place the amount back to their card (even though according to my CW they wanted cash), less the 15% restocking fee. No surprise they didn't have the credit card it was purchased, my SM in the nicest way possible told them to basically piss off and come back with the credit card and they would take care of it, in which they haven't been back yet
    "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Sounds like they needed to jump a vehicle or two and wanted some rental cables. Sigh.

Also (which I never understood) is why some SC's feel the right to open a box of something and look at it before deciding to purchase, like they hope if they open it, a large rainbow will come swirling out of the box and out will spill gold coins.
    As for this, for me it depends on what I'm buying. For a pair of jumper cables, probably just going to take them and go. But, given the number of scams going about, I will open expensive or fragile items in the store to make sure they are actually in good shape. I've seen too many articles about people finding bricks or tile in their laptop or game system box not to check for myself.

Comment

Quoth ravevolution View Post
      Also (which I never understood) is why some SC's feel the right to open a box of something and look at it before deciding to purchase...
      To make sure the right item is in the box, to make sure it's not broken or dirty, to make sure all the accessories are there. It's actually a very good self-preservation instinct, when buying electronics or other expensive and hard-to-return items. Not that I expect to get a box of rocks instead of a Wii, but I've heard of it happening.
      EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
      ~-~
      Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

^^
        I understand that.

I'm referring to those open the box, take it apart, mangle everything, then instead of putting it back as close to neatly, they just dump everything and pick up the next sealed box >.< Or the ones that look at the image on the box, look at the item inside and keep doing the double take

Not to mention any factory sealed item has a factory seal or sticker (a kinda 'if this is cut' return to etc etc, like medicines have)
        "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

I'm referring to those open the box, take it apart, mangle everything, then instead of putting it back as close to neatly, they just dump everything and pick up the next sealed box >.<
          Now that is just stupid.
          EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
          ~-~
          Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Quoth Aisling View Post
            Now that is just stupid.
            Indeed it is.

Comment

Quoth jedikuonji View Post
              Sounds like they needed to jump a vehicle or two and wanted some rental cables. Sigh.
              It's silly to return those anyway. Jumper cables are good for many uses, and you never know when you'll need them. It's just a very good idea to carry a set in your car.

Then again, these are SCs we're talking about. To them, a "very good idea" involves coming up with a scam to get money out of a store.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

To open something up that you wish to purchase merely to pre-check it is quite sensible. To mangle something you do not intend to buy borders on criminal.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

^^

I'm referring to those open the box, take it apart, mangle everything, then instead of putting it back as close to neatly, they just dump everything and pick up the next sealed box >.< )
                  had a guy do that infront of me at a walmart. but, amusingly enough, i needed the same item. So i grabbed the one he had opened, neatly put it back in the box and bought it. Staring at him the whole time. Didnt say a word to him but the look on his face was nice ^_^.
                  Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

I'm not sure why anyone would RETURN jumper cables. They're pretty useful things to have around, and if they were "rented," then obviously their usefulness has been demonstrated.

I wonder if they do this with flat tires, too?

Love, Who?

Comment

yes, i would have bought a mid range set, though; sometimes, going cheap=asking for problems.
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Alternatively, they might have worn out a cable, and attempted to get a free replacement.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                          It's silly to return those anyway. Jumper cables are good for many uses, and you never know when you'll need them. It's just a very good idea to carry a set in your car.
                          Got some in my car. They came in some kind of AAA car care kit. It sits in my trunk along with a AAA first aid kit.

Both purchased from the swamp as post-Christmas clearance. We get in all kinds of gifty stuff like that, and much of it doesn't sell before Christmas. So I swoop in and buy all kinds of neat stuff for a fraction of the regular price.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
                            I'm not sure why anyone would RETURN jumper cables. They're pretty useful things to have around, and if they were "rented," then obviously their usefulness has been demonstrated.
                            Probably the same ones that "rent" a plumbing snake from the hardware store (which could not be returned per health dept regs, but that doesn't stop them from trying, or the occasional manager from caving);

"I don't need to keep these jumper cables/this snake. After dealing with all of that inconvenience, I'm not gonna let my battery run down, or get so old/dump anymore grease down the drain!"

Of course, when they revert to their old habits, or even if they don't and they have the same problem again but caused by something else, they'll be back at the store getting the cables/snake again!

Mike
                            Meow.........

Comment

Even if you don't need Jumper cables after that one use that doesn't mean you may need to help someone else again.

Well, unless you are that former CW, who had a bad battery and expected to get a Jump every day. Um, no.

Comment

Working...
                              X