Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep prank calling me on a Friday night.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep prank calling me on a Friday night.

I can't hear how pathetic your social life is.

Not exactly an original title. I had inspiration. These happened last night. I needed some time to cool down before I posted them. They happened close to the start of my shift, so they really set my mood the rest of the night.

The "special" card gets a little more "special".
    I'm taking a call setting up a reservation for Sunday night. It seemed normal enough, even with the occasional TMI. I work in a hotel, so I can't automatically dismiss this as a prank call. He does seem to ask a lot about our suites, and though it sounds like it's not what he's looking for, he gets it anyway, but suggests he might have better luck on the Sleazy street in the next story. We finally get to the CC info.

SC: Do you take American Express?
    Me: Yes
    SC: It's everywhere you need to be.

I'm so glad you remember slogans. You're soooo original.

Me: What's the card number?
    SC: *** *** *** ***

I type that in knowing it's too short of a number. Ya, I broke it up by 3's because that's how the SC read it off to me. For some odd reason, the computer accepted it as valid.

Me: What's the name on the card.
    SC: *something something* C-U-I-F
    Me: I'm sorry I can't take a card that doesn't match the name on the reservation. (lie)

Moron can't even spell "queaf" correctly.

Not riding on sleazy street

In my city, there's one street that's known for the um...street venders. Though it's a long street, the way the SC asked if we were located there, made it sound pranky. My intuition was later confirmed.

SC: Are you guys off of Sleazy street?
    Me: I'm sorry we're not.
    SC: But my wife made a reservation with you guys.
    Me: Ok what's your last name?
    SC: A-S-S-W-I-P-E (not the real last name)
    Me: I'm sorry nothing's coming up. Do you have a confirmation number?
    SC: I don't know what that is.

*facepalm*

SC: So I assume not.
    Me: Would you like to go ahead and set up a reservation?
    SC: Sure.

I confirm the dates.

Me: What's your last name?
    SC: Wow seriously?
    Me: Ya, what's your last name?
    SC: Are you fucking with me?
    Me: Please do not swear at me.
    SC: I'm sorry.
    Me: What's your last name?
    SC: Are you kidding me?
    Me: It seems I cannot help you this evening. Have a good night. *click*
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Ah Colfax. I never managed to drive that road with my car doors unlocked.

Comment

Oh my.. Hero. *gives cookies* I just hang up, The minute they sound like pranks, I hang up. So far, I' have YET to hang up on a truthful customer (Customers who are truly wanting to stay there, usually call right back., prankers dunno what to do if you hang up on them)

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
        Oh my.. Hero. *gives cookies* I just hang up, The minute they sound like pranks, I hang up. So far, I' have YET to hang up on a truthful customer (Customers who are truly wanting to stay there, usually call right back., prankers dunno what to do if you hang up on them)
        I'm still figuring out the best way to deal with prank callers. My theory right now is give them the benefit of the doubt, but don't let them detect any anger in your voice.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I'm one of those people who can be SUGARY sweet on the phone, but when I hang up, you'll hear, "Prick.."

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
            Ah Colfax. I never managed to drive that road with my car doors unlocked.
            Lack of personal vehicle meant that for a time I had to take that damned bus from Quebec all the way downtown. About 70 blocks IIRC. Too many horror stories on those things. I thank the FSM that 1) I was able to move and 2) that they built the Southmoor station, so I never have to deal with Colfax again.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              Me: What's the card number?
              SC: *** *** *** ***

I type that in knowing it's too short of a number. Ya, I broke it up by 3's because that's how the SC read it off to me. For some odd reason, the computer accepted it as valid.
              FYI, American Express cards only have 15 digits, not 16 like MC/Visa. I'm guessing since they're not quite as common as other cards, you might not have taken too many of them (if any) in the past, so I can definitely see how that could seem fishy at first glance.

Comment

Sound bored. I had a guy in a pink bathrobe and a cheap wig come through drive to "shock" us I guess. He was like "WAHT DO YOU THINK LOLOL" I just blinked and shut the window. He looked a little deflated.
                Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                  Sound bored. I had a guy in a pink bathrobe and a cheap wig come through drive to "shock" us I guess. He was like "WAHT DO YOU THINK LOLOL" I just blinked and shut the window. He looked a little deflated.
                  "I'm not paid to think, sir. Would you like to place an order?"

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                    Maybe deflated in more ways than one...depending on his motives...
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                      "I'm not paid enough to think, sir. Would you like to place an order?"
                      Fixed that for you
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
                        FYI, American Express cards only have 15 digits, not 16 like MC/Visa. I'm guessing since they're not quite as common as other cards, you might not have taken too many of them (if any) in the past, so I can definitely see how that could seem fishy at first glance.

We know it only has 15 digits And they actually come through often in my area, I hope Hero doesn't have to do them alot (they're a pain in the ass.) But that's why they were dubbed the special card.

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
                          It's fishy because he quoted less than the 15 digits. The number he gave was short. Even for an AmEx.

SHW: At my hotel it's the Discover cards that are the bigger pain.
                          Last edited by Mr Hero; 08-02-2010, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Ah, gotcha. They weren't terribly common when I was working retail, so if we'd taken phone orders the 15 would have thrown me off. Didn't realize you meant shorter than the 15. Sorry

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                              "It's not your color, sir."
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X