Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer would rather drink his coffee than watch the movie!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have several theaters here in San Antonio where you can not only bring in food, but wait staff takes your orders and brings you food and drink during the movie.. very cool.

As for the coffee guy.. envision this scenario if you may:

a) SC walks into dark, possibly crowded theater with hot coffee in hand, looking for seat

b) SC spills hot coffee onto crotch/face/toddler of innocent fellow theater-goer

c) Not-so-much hilarity ensues.

d) Coffee scorching victim invokes the last word of sentence c), leaves off the "en" part.

Your manager was smart not to cave in to blithering idiot coffee fiend SC.
    I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
      I doubt the food will spoil if left in the car for olnly 2 hours, right?
      It depends on where you are and what kind of food it is. Right now, my town is having temperatures around 105 in the afternoons. I would not want to eat anything left in the car for very long.

That's why my friends and I go out AFTER the movie.

~Rhania

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
        Oh and what really makes this story even more funny is the fact that the guy never actually got a refund and came back later I got a real kick out of that, like we really showed him.
        Beautiful...

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
          Policy aside, I'm glad your manager didn't simply cave in.

As for his coffee being more entertaining than the movie... Well, I've seen a few where that fit. But then again, I didn't actually spend money on a ticket for them, either.
          hah yeah... there's quite a few movies out there that i'd value a cup of coffee over seeing
          but i, too, wouldn't be buying tickets for them in the first place.

and i'm glad the manager backed you up.

too many times people get accustomed to the idea that if they act like a jackass they'll get their way... because managers cave in just to get rid of them.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
            That must'a been a damn good cuppa joe if it's more entertaining than a movie. o.O
            Must have been made by Hanners.

She supposedly makes a mean Latte
            Last edited by bunnyboy; 08-03-2010, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
              We have several theaters here in San Antonio where you can not only bring in food, but wait staff takes your orders and brings you food and drink during the movie.. very cool.
              Yay Alamo Draft Houses!!!

And they are even more serious about NO Outside Food or Drinks! - Why? B/C they have a full service kitchen/bar and reg. concessions (some, not all)

One time i took food in, b/c i was broke, just out of HS;hell I had to sit on the Stairs of the theater, they had oversold tix (yes it was to Return of the King, how'd ya know?) but i carry a large hippy-bag-of-holding, i could've had a 6pk in there and i doubt anyone would've noticed

to the OP - wow, coffee is better than the movie? umm... that's an expensive scarshmucks coffee - he could've at least offered to buy (at full price) one of y'all's coffee cups and pour in his drink.... not that he should've gotten away with that either.... but then everybody wins - he gets his coffee, and the theater still gets money for "serving" it to him.... *shrug*
              I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

One of the theatre's I go to has a bar included with the snacks. That's right you can get buzzed while watching a flick. They have hard liquor of course too. I understand why you can't bring your own stuff in. The hubbie and I know what the prices are like and hell, we pay them anyway, the nachos are sooo worth it!

Though sneaking in McDonalds stinks and the bag is crinkly. The mom and her kids got away with it. Glad your manager put his foot down and backed you up. Rules are there for a reason.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                  That must'a been a damn good cuppa joe if it's more entertaining than a movie. o.O
                  Or an excrutiatingly bad movie.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Sigh. We get people sneaking alcohol into the theaters all the time; always find the cans and bottles afterwards.

On that note, the theater had crappy coffee, so I'd buy a cup, dump it, then go over to my favorite coffee shop and have them fill the cup!
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Something about hearing psssfffffssshhhhtttt midway through a dramatic scene is so endearing.
                      I remember at a movie, someone dropped or knocked over their smuggled glass bottle in the back row, which proceeded to go <clinkitydinkityclinkdinkleclinkityclinkaclingding ading> all the way through the theater. It seemed to take an eternity, and the collective mood it induced in the audience was like the five stages of grief.
                      Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

Quoth bunnyboy View Post
                        Must have been made by Hanners.

She supposedly makes a mean Latte
                        *Nails Bunnyboy with a pillow*

I'm not that far in the archives yet! Don't spoil it!

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        Or an excrutiatingly bad movie.
                        Ooooooh, I didn't think of that. Hmm, some Z-rated movie, right? Real low budget.
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I must be one of few people on the planet who prefers to sit through a movie and actually watch it, rather than cramming my face with various noisy foods. And with most movies now being 2+ hours, why in the hell would anyone want to drink a coffee before or during? Then you'd have to get up and pee, therefore missing some of the movie. Maybe I'm just weird.
                          The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                            One of the theatre's I go to has a bar included with the snacks. That's right you can get buzzed while watching a flick. They have hard liquor of course too.
                            That would really bother me, especially where I live where there are 60,000 students who think a college diploma can be found at the bottom of one of these 6 bottles they will consume over the course of an hour. :P

Really though, two things I require when I'm at the theater is silence and no cellphones. I've yelled at more than one person to shut up because they are disrupting the movie. I'd hate to think about what would go on if alcohol was introduced.
                            Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

You know the soups you can get at delis? Some lady brought french onion to Shrek. The entire audience told her to take her food elsewhere, it wasn't fair to anyone.

And as for the de de de with the coffee: "Take your coffee and your refund, and enjoy the rest of your.. boring.. day?"

Comment

Complaining that a place that sells food and beverages wont let you bring in your own is kinda like complaining the hotel won't let you set up a tent in the lobby, or that walmart won't let you hold your garage sale in the middle of the clearance section.
                                Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X