Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dangerously Close To The Boobs and Other Stories. (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dangerously Close To The Boobs and Other Stories. (long)

This is a collection of stories from the past week at my Aid of Rite. The details are a little bit fuzzy and there were a lot more annoying things and people that happened but not annoying enough to be remembered (thank god?)

Naughty Naughty

There is a customer who comes in that Awesome Manager hated with a passion and told me not to be nice because she was a horrible lady. I've written about her before but I can't be assed to look up the moniker I gave her. She's nice, but I believe she's in the early stages of Alzhimers. I'll call her Alzhimers.

Alzhimers loves me to pieces because I'm the only one patient enough to give her help without hauling off and smacking her because she seems to forget a lot. One time she took up 5 minutes of my time telling slightly naughty jokes but being concerned that SM would kick her out. Her attitude put me in mind of a 9 year old boy saying his first dirty word out loud to his friends-all hushed giggles, whispers and looking over shoulders.

Dangerously Close To The Boobs

Used in both senses of the word, here.

Guy has been after working with us for a LONG time now but I really don't know if we will hire him. He gives off that "desperate" vibe and always buys 2 cans of "Blabatt" beer. He gave me a 10 minute diatribe on how he sees things going on in the workplace and how he's a good reliable employee, been turned down for a felony for a DUI several years ago (my eyes flick to the cans he's buying and my eyebrow raises). In response to something I asked, he reached out and patted that bit where the top of my breasts start and where the heart is and says, "Oh, not YOU dear!"

Probably going to put a bid into SM to not hire him if he's that touchy-feely. Ick.

I Wanted A Drink

I don't drink by choice (I got buzzed enough to know I make an angry drunk so no drinks for me unless I very carefully monitor my intake!) but after dealing with this woman I wished, badly for a drink.

She comes in at 5 pm, busiest time of the night for us and plunks a full bag of stuff down.

"Hi I would like a clean receipt, I don't like all these pluses and minuses and void outs and rerings in. On top of that, I don't like your 'Healthiness +' card system. Why am I being charged 2/$5 for crackers when the sign clearly states 2/$4?"

"Ok, well, the way the system works is that you pay the 2/$5 now but you receive a reward for the dollar back after you pay. It's like paying 2/$4."

"I don't like it. I want to return everything, rering it again except the crackers and peanut butter and get a fresh receipt."

"Ok. *sigh*"

For some reason, for EVERY. SINGLE. FUSKING. ITEM. she has it requires a manager's approval to get in. I'm trying to be patient but it's a bit hard when the computer is being stupid, but luckily manager J is there, being his usual awesome polite self. So finally I get everything in, I rering it all back out, place the crackers and peanut butter into the returns and ring the bottle of lotion she had brought back up.

"Ok, so we owe you $2.51. can you sign here at the bottom of the slip for me, please? Thank you, have a nice day."

"Where's the $42.47?"

"Excuse me?"

"I asked for you to give me my money back so I could see what it all came to."

"...You did not."

"I did!"

"Ok, it's possible I misheard you. I will have to return all of this again, though."

"Just do whatever it takes!"

Again, for EVERY. SINGLE. FUSCKING. ITEM. The computer WILL. NOT. read the barcode at the bottom of the receipt and insist "related sales entry not found" even though I rang it in 30 SECONDS EARLIER. Manager A is the one putting her numbers and is getting snappy and pissy at me because OH MY GOD SHE HAS A MILLION INVOICES TO DO AND PHOTO AND "EASTERN" UNIONS AND SHE IS SO TIRED OF RUNNING CHANGE FOR US GIRLS ALL DAY. Oh crap I screwed up and accidently put in the lotion for more than it's worth and screwed up the total return price. Manager A gets snappier and pissier. Finally I get the return price sorted out, but wondering why I'm coming up $2.51 short...until manager A saw the $2.51 out on the counter and then began to call me a "dum dum" for not seeing it earlier.

Finally the woman leaves with her money and promises to come back later and whines about how misleading the rewards program is and wah wah wah. Ok, good. Bye. Good riddance. Just leave so I can care for the line behind you that's grown large enough to be approximately the entire population of Sweden.

Le Freak, C'est Chic pt 2

(and now I have that song stuck in my head now :P)

We PROMISE that we are not selling your number to "Smustler" magazine or "Playbunny" magazine or even that magazine we sell in the magazine aisle that caters exclusively to the "Sir Mixalot" crowd (women with large derrieres, anyone?). We also PROMISE that the Federal Government will not pistol whip your dog nor send you prank calls at midnight for giving your number to us. Just stop throwing a temper tantrum about it. Please. Just go away with your newly purchased crap or sans newly purchased crap. Just go away.

R, Your Job?

So I'm being moved from Monday afternoons to Monday mornings. Mornings are usually slow anyway, but I expect I will be shafted on the register all fricken day as per usual on Sundays. Which means that cleaning the bathrooms are no longer an option. R's job is to clean the bathrooms. R doesn't want to do the bathrooms because he whines they are gross and he doesn't want to clean other people's shit out of them. Especially since Monday night where a thunderstorm caused raw sewage to seep out of the nearby storm drain, across the parking lot and into the women's restroom, as well as up from the toilet (that I was sitting on and had gotten off of maybe 5 seconds before the flood started-talk about lucky!) and the raw sewage is still there in the corner, dried out but untouched What should I do? Complain to SM? Show her the evidence? I don't know.

Bonus: Keeping Me Past My Time

So you ask me to unlock something for you, then stand there and read the back for five minutes, consider it, then put it back? Go away, too.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

R left raw sewage on the bathroom floor?

All I can say is, have him come work at my motel in housekeeping for a week. Then that mess won't seem so bad!

As for returns lady, she's nuts. Seriously, WTF?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Yup. The raw sewage looks like wet grainy sand that's dried out but it's still sewage that's coated the plungers and toilet brushes in that corner. I don't want to touch them but fuck's sake I might have to because R doesn't do his job. And personally, I like pissing into a clean toilet.
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
        Guy has been after working with us for a LONG time now but I really don't know if we will hire him. He gives off that "desperate" vibe and always buys 2 cans of "Blabatt" beer. He gave me a 10 minute diatribe on how he sees things going on in the workplace and how he's a good reliable employee, been turned down for a felony for a DUI several years ago (my eyes flick to the cans he's buying and my eyebrow raises). In response to something I asked, he reached out and patted that bit where the top of my breasts start and where the heart is and says, "Oh, not YOU dear!"
        Gee, I just can't imagine why the job offers aren't pouring in.
        Quoth ralerin View Post
        Manager A gets snappier and pissier. Finally I get the return price sorted out, but wondering why I'm coming up $2.51 short...until manager A saw the $2.51 out on the counter and then began to call me a "dum dum" for not seeing it earlier.
        Very unprofessional! You do not berate your employee in front of the customer. And that idiot SC had you re-ring the receipt twice, because she's just so persnickety that she can't bear all those minus signs! Your manager should've known that this was a problem customer and acted accordingly, but instead takes it out on you.
        Quoth ralerin View Post
        R's job is to clean the bathrooms. R doesn't want to do the bathrooms because he whines they are gross and he doesn't want to clean other people's shit out of them. Especially since Monday night where a thunderstorm caused raw sewage to seep out of the nearby storm drain, across the parking lot and into the women's restroom, as well as up from the toilet (that I was sitting on and had gotten off of maybe 5 seconds before the flood started-talk about lucky!) and the raw sewage is still there in the corner, dried out but untouched What should I do? Complain to SM? Show her the evidence? I don't know.
        Yes, you should tell the SM. That is a major health hazard, someone could get seriously sick because R isn't doing his job.
        Last edited by XCashier; 09-18-2010, 04:17 AM.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

rering every single fucking item? that's beyond ridiculous; that would be a demand that should be denied simply for the time it wastes. wtf was this stupid twat thinking? gah...as for the boob toucher, maybe he needs to lose that hand. touchy feely indeed
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
            gah...as for the boob toucher, maybe he needs to lose that hand. touchy feely indeed
            I would consider that assault and DEMAND management act accordingly. And in my store, they absolutely would.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yes, you don't touch unless invited. Period. When the guy pulls back a stump where his hand should be, he MIGHT learn..but I have my doubts.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                "Hi I would like a clean receipt, I don't like all these pluses and minuses and void outs and rerings in. On top of that, I don't like your 'Healthiness +' card system. Why am I being charged 2/$5 for crackers when the sign clearly states 2/$4?"

"Ok, well, the way the system works is that you pay the 2/$5 now but you receive a reward for the dollar back after you pay. It's like paying 2/$4."

"I don't like it. I want to return everything, rering it again except the crackers and peanut butter and get a fresh receipt."
                Seriously?????

This just amazes me. If any customer came into the store where I work and wanted everything returned and then done again, just because they didn't like the receipt, the supervisors and manager would just laugh at them.

If we ring in something wrong, miss a reduction or a discount, then yes of course we'll sort that out for you. Otherwise you can go and whistle.
                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

This isn't about the touchy-feely guy in particular (although eww creepy), but I notice very few wannabe new-hires realize that employees CAN and WILL talk to each other. Don't suck up to just the manager, be polite and friendly to the regular low-rung employees too. Having a lazy-ass, rude and/or creepy coworker affects them directly, so of course they take an interest in who gets hired.
                  Last edited by bainsidhe; 09-18-2010, 11:13 AM. Reason: typo
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                    The raw sewage looks like wet grainy sand that's dried out but it's still sewage that's coated the plungers and toilet brushes in that corner.

Seriously, yuck. That has to be a violation of something.
                    There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

Quoth Mr. Anubite View Post
                      Seriously, yuck. That has to be a violation of something.
                      Yeah, a violation of my gag reflex.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Did I mention that I cleaned up the raw sewage tonight and it was NOTHING compared to the crap collected at the cooler drain that had the consistency of a very soft turd?

You're welcome!

Comment

Spank you very much!
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Well the cooler drain is full of rust and junk normally; but it is also one of the places where raw sewage pumps out of during storms. So it was quite literally a turd.

I wish my phone had a camera so I could take pictures of these things for you guys.

Comment

I consider myself thankful that it does not. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X