This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 minutes into a 12 hour day

Me: The Awesome Wenchie (thoughts in italics)
    SC: Somebody's got a case of the Mondays

Me: Blah blah blah, may I have your name and your agent ID please?
    SC: Yeah yeah yeah whatever.
    Me: ... oh this is going to be fun
    SC: *faster than the speed of light* johnsmith123456
    Me: I'm sorry, but can you repeat that again a little slower?
    SC: *heavy sigh* J O H N.... S M I T H... 1...2...3...4...5...6
    Me: I hope you die in a fire, asshole

Me: Blah blah blah, may I have your name and your agent ID please?
    SC: I WAS ON HOLD FOREVER!!!!!!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!
    Me: call queue shows you were on hold 47 seconds... fuck you lady

Me: Blah blah blah, may I have your name and your agent ID please? *coughs slightly after speaking*
    SC: Are you sick? ARE YOU SICK?
    Me: I'm fine ma'am. Just getting over a little something, but I'll be happy to assist you.
    SC: HOW DARE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE SICK! YOU COULD GET ME SICK! TRANSFER ME TO SOMEONE HEALTHY!
    Me: I don't have the energy to deal with you today *transfers her back to the queue*

Now... I know that I've been joking about Mytical getting me sick, but this lady was serious. Somehow I don't think my bronchitis is going to merrily dance it's way down the phone line and into her lungs. If I had that power, I wouldn't be answering the phone.
    Last edited by Wenchie; 09-27-2010, 01:52 PM.
    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Quoth bardicwench View Post
    Me: Blah blah blah, may I have your name and your agent ID please? *coughs slightly after speaking*
    Me: I'm fine ma'am. Just getting over a little something, but I'll be happy to assist you.
    SC: HOW DARE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE SICK! YOU COULD GET ME SICK! TRANSFER ME TO SOMEONE HEALTHY!
    Me: I don't have the energy to deal with you today *transfers her back to the queue*
    I thought people like this were a myth... there's another couple notches down on my faith in humanity meter.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I...wah....buh?? My brain bluescreened! Where does she get the idea that you can get sick over the phone? If that were the case I would have come down with AIDS, swine flu, and Ebola eons ago!

Comment

ahh, the joys of call center work...

I know the feeling, daily
        "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
        Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Crap, they need to start screen call center employees for colds. I didn't know viruses could get transfered over hundreds of miles of phone lines!

Comment

Now... I know that I've been joking about Mytical getting me sick, but this lady was serious. Somehow I don't think my bronchitis is going to merrily dance it's way down the phone line and into her lungs. If I had that power, I wouldn't be answering the phone.
            Oh I dunno, I seem to have caught the cold that has been making the rounds of the small irc channel I frequent
            There was no hope for me, was talking to one sufferer both in there and on the phone

Oooh, I smell my cookies baking... anyone want one?
            Last edited by Cazzi; 09-27-2010, 03:55 PM. Reason: can't speel ;)
            Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post
              Oh I dunno, I seem to have caught the cold that has been making the rounds of the small irc channel I frequent
              There was no hope for me, was talking to one sufferer both in there and on the phone

Oooh, I smell my cookies baking... anyone want one?
              Yes please! And feel better soon!
              "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Thanks.. and one large warm choc chip heading in your direction.. Catch!
                Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Quoth Midnight View Post
                  Crap, they need to start screen call center employees for colds. I didn't know viruses could get transfered over hundreds of miles of phone lines!
                  It's worse, because I'm on an IP phone. So it's transmitted via my router to the phone server at my office, and THEN transferred overhundreds of miles of phone lines.

Quoth Nashida View Post
                  I...wah....buh?? My brain bluescreened! Where does she get the idea that you can get sick over the phone? If that were the case I would have come down with AIDS, swine flu, and Ebola eons ago!
                  My callers make my brain bluescreen on a regular basis...

Quoth Cazzi View Post
                  Thanks.. and one large warm choc chip heading in your direction.. Catch!
                  Thank you! *noms happily*

Comment

I found this story funny because I remember you telling me you got sick and that Mytical spread it to you in chat. I never thought someone would be dumb enough to believe that it's actually possible.

*And here's an extra Hero hug.* Get better.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Wenchie, you're being unfair to that second caller. It probably took her ages to get through to you. She just couldn't differentiate between the time spent trying to get her remaining brain cell to figure out how to make the call, and the time actually spent in the queue.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                        Wenchie, you're being unfair to that second caller. It probably took her ages to get through to you. She just couldn't differentiate between the time spent trying to get her remaining brain cell to figure out how to make the call, and the time actually spent in the queue.
                        I am not responsible for her inability to type numbers into a phone, as much as she would probably like to blame me for that...

Comment

I am not responsible for her inability to type numbers into a phone, as much as she would probably like to blame me for that...
                          Oh, completely true. But she's not precisely lying. She's just too stupid to live .

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                            Oh, completely true. But she's not precisely lying. She's just too stupid to live .
                            I can't argue with this....

Comment

Now... I know that I've been joking about Mytical getting me sick, but this lady was serious.
                              My former mother-in-law is a nurse and she thought that you got lice from being dirty. You didn't need to actually come in contact with someone who had lice, you just had to not bathe and *bam* you'd get lice.

... as for the getting sick, thing, I was sick before I came back from my most recent hiatus, so I can neither be blamed nor make blame for any germs spreading through CS. And I wasn't playing CoX, either, so it had to have gone through Facebook.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X