Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To each his own ^_^ Nothing wrong with that.

Heck, my own ...appreciation... of sports in general is confined mainly to Da Ain'ts Saints anyway. Any other sports, I can take or leave, as the notion suits me.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

*pokes out really quick*

Be careful your Raiders don't ever lose against the Packers. Because if they do, their coach might get fired.

*tosses shoes and runs away as fast as possible*
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

That being said, as a Raiders fan... just because I'm a fan of the Silver and Black.

Glad your manager had the stones to tell 'em to pound sand and that you didn't have to deal with 'em yourself.

I figure you're being punished enough just by being a Raiders fan.
        Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

At least you aren't a Browns fan . . .

Though, I've gotten some amused laughter out of a Steelers fan when they sat at one of my tables with a Pirates polo shirt on. "Pittsburgh native?" "Yeah, you know your sports teams." "Sort of." "So where are you from?" "*sighs and opens wallet to show the top half of my credit card with Indians logo in the background*"

Their response: "I'm so sorry." "Yeah, well the trouble with being down here is-" "*finishes for me* -not getting to actually watch your team's games."

He left a 20% tip

Comment

for the most part, i don't give a rats ass about sports; however, i do pay attention to the UW huskies. gooo dawgs!
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
              Be careful your Raiders don't ever lose against the Packers. Because if they do, their coach might get fired.
              Please. The Raiders fire coaches as a hobby, sometimes just to make sure the doors are working.

And we have lost to the Packers. Heck, the game right after Favre's father died and he passed for around 400 yards and had the game of his life? In Oakland.

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
              Glad your manager had the stones to tell 'em to pound sand and that you didn't have to deal with 'em yourself.
              I wouldn't have had to deal with him regardless, as I don't work Sundays, so was not on the premises, nor even within a couple miles thereof.

5-5 this year with some good games, 5 Super Bowl appearances, 3 Lombardi trophies, more storied history than most other franchises. Yeah, it's been a down few years, but overall, not too shabby being a member of the Raider Nation.

And for those who want to continue to mock the Raiders, I would like to remind you that they have more Lombardi Trophies than the Cardinals, Falcons, Bills, Panthers, Bengals, Browns, Lions, Texans, Jaguars, Vikings, Eagles, Chargers, Titans, Jets, and Ravens COMBINED.

And as many or more such Trophies than all teams who are not named the Steelers, 49ers, or Cowboys.

And most importantly, more than any other team in the AFC West. (Suck it, Broncos!)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                *tosses a WHO DAT! Pagan's way*
                Why, thank you! It'll go good with my Super Bowl shirt. Had a hell of a time finding that shirt, too.

Quoth EricKei View Post
                To each his own ^_^ Nothing wrong with that.

Heck, my own ...appreciation... of sports in general is confined mainly to Da Ain'ts Saints anyway. Any other sports, I can take or leave, as the notion suits me.
                Saints is all that I pay attention to in the NFL. Naturally, I follow my Aggies in everything.

What I really like though is baseball. Except I don't have one favorite team. I grew up in a home with a die-hard Cardinals fan (mom) and a die-hard Yankees fan (dad). And I've been keeping an eye on the Diamond Backs.

And I like me some tennis, too, in the form of Roger Federer. *drool*

You should know all about that, judging by your avatar. I have to admit, I picked up an intense dislike of the Cubs from my mom.

Quoth Jester View Post
                (Suck it, Broncos!)
                I heartily agree with you there, sir!
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  And I've been keeping an eye on the Diamond Backs.
                  Diamondbacks. One word. Or D-backs if you prefer. Or Snakes.

Care to guess who MY favorite baseball team is?

GO SNAKES!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    Actually... re: Cowboys/Redskins.

I grew up in Columbia, MD, with two die-hard 'Skins fans as my parents. We proudly hopped on the Bandwagon early. Then, my eighth grade year, back in 1993/4, my dad gets transferred to Plano, TX. Which is a suburb of Dallas.

The only Cowboys game we attended was their at-home game against the Redskins. We were surrounded by Cowboys fans, wearing our Redskins shirts, but apart from some good-natured ribbing, we were treated just like what we were: football fans.

The Hogettes were sitting two rows behind us. They said they love coming to Dallas, because the fans are so nice to them, and hate going to Philadelphia, since the fans there will practically try to kill them.

Really, the Cowboys/Redskins rivalry is just that-- a rivalry. The Eagles/Redskins rivalry is more akin to a blood feud.

This has nothing really to do with the topic. Just felt I should say.

On topic: Yeah, total entitlement whore, glad that he was told to go pound sand. That's just freakin' ridiculous.
                    As an Eagles fan born and raised in Philly, I can say... We aren't THAT bad.

And besides, you get treated better as a Washington fan than a Dallas fan... or even worse, a Giants fan.
                    There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post

You should know all about that, judging by your avatar. I have to admit, I picked up an intense dislike of the Cubs from my mom.

Yes, I figure we Cubs' fans have the market concerned on crappy teams and a disappointed fan-base.
                      Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Now I know I'm going to be disagreed with, and I'm fine with that, but I fail to understand why anyone has to be so fanatical over a bunch of overpaid, egotisical entitlement whores who would probably demand the same treatment this asshole did. To even think that because you're a "fan" of any particular team means that you have priority over anyone else is selfish and rude.

I'm not saying I don't like sports. I am a Yankee fan. But I certainly don't act like an asshole over it. Those guys make more in a week than I do in a year. While not all of them are selfish jerks, a good deal of them are. So no, I don't lie awake at night because they lost or get into fights with Red Sox fans. Not worth my effort.
                        Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

I'm not that big of a sports fan in general, either and hardly idolize the Green Bay Packers.

It's just been karmatic justice this year, and I can't help but bask in the glory and laugh at the Favre fanatics. Favre finally gets what's been coming to him, and Green Bay gets to prove that they can be a dream team without that whining, crybaby diva of a quarterback.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            Diamondbacks. One word. Or D-backs if you prefer. Or Snakes.

Care to guess who MY favorite baseball team is?

GO SNAKES!
                            Yeah, I know that. But after 8 hours of staring at two computer screens with drugs all over them, you sometimes forget what you're doing....

Yes, I figure we Cubs' fans have the market concerned on crappy teams and a disappointed fan-base.
                            Y'all can't spell either. I think you mean "cornered" there.
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              Actually... re: Cowboys/Redskins.

I grew up in Columbia, MD, with two die-hard 'Skins fans as my parents. We proudly hopped on the Bandwagon early. Then, my eighth grade year, back in 1993/4, my dad gets transferred to Plano, TX. Which is a suburb of Dallas.

The only Cowboys game we attended was their at-home game against the Redskins. We were surrounded by Cowboys fans, wearing our Redskins shirts, but apart from some good-natured ribbing, we were treated just like what we were: football fans.

The Hogettes were sitting two rows behind us. They said they love coming to Dallas, because the fans are so nice to them, and hate going to Philadelphia, since the fans there will practically try to kill them.

Really, the Cowboys/Redskins rivalry is just that-- a rivalry. The Eagles/Redskins rivalry is more akin to a blood feud.

This has nothing really to do with the topic. Just felt I should say.

On topic: Yeah, total entitlement whore, glad that he was told to go pound sand. That's just freakin' ridiculous.

And as a lifelong Cowboys fan, I have to tell you that I grew up (in TX of course!) only knowing that the name of the Washington team was "The Hated Redskins" !!! It was only when I grew up and started watching football on my own that I even KNEW they were a Washington team

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                What a douchebag.
                                I prefer douchecanoe. Why? Because they row, row, row down the River of Suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X