This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud mouth's, cursing and prices

I was working in the soda isle of my Wal-mart when at the other end of the isle came this big black woman saying very loudly, "$1.33?! THESE MOTHERFUCKERS MUST BE SMOKIN' CRACK!"

I turned to look at her with disgust as, even though I curse, I wouldn't be doing it that loudly in a freaking Walmart where kids might be present. I see that she is refering to the price of Coke's 2 liters and not my sodas. So I look away and continue working, ignoring her ignorant loud ass.

She marches right up to me and still yelling, says, "YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT THIS COKE IS $1.33?!"

I said, "No. I don't mean to tell you anything. I think it's the price tags that are telling you that."

"WHAT, DID THEY GO UP OR SUMTHIN?!"

"I don't know. Were the prices lower before?"

"YEAH!"

"And are they higher now?"

"YEAH!"

"Then I guess that answers your question." Then I turned away from her and continued my work. She stormed off bellowing for a friend of hers who was at the other end of the store and who I'm sure heard her loud and clear.

Welcome back.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth crinklestein View Post

"WHAT, DID THEY GO UP OR SUMTHIN?!"

"I don't know. Were the prices lower before?"

"YEAH!"

"And are they higher now?"

"YEAH!"

"Then I guess that answers your question."
      I love this. Although I fear for a society that's not going to punish a "lady" walking around with a foul mouth like that where kids might be present.
      Herewith, a nugget of wisdom from the very wise Mike Brady: "Alone, we can only move buckets. But if we work together, we can drain rivers."

--
      mannabozo.wordpress.com

Comment

I noticed 20 ounce cokes at the local convenience store were $1.29 recently at the same time that the two liters were $1! By comparison, 1.33 for a two liter isn't extremely bad, but I'll admit it's a little on the high end. 1.29 for a 20 ounce though?! Just buy a two liter, you'll get more.

Comment

that's what 20 ouncers are everywhere. The price(unless there's a smokin sale on them) on the 2 liters now is like $1.59 where I live.

Comment

I usually buy the 12 pack of cans 4 for $10.00. I like the 20 oz bottles, but can't deal with 2 litres, too much work.
            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth HowMayIHelpMe? View Post
              I love this. Although I fear for a society that's not going to punish a "lady" walking around with a foul mouth like that where kids might be present.
              You know, I think it was in Michigan, somewhere up north anyway, where some guy was doing something - gosh I wish I could remember what it was - any way...

something happened and he let loose with a barrage of cuss words. There was a 12-year-old girl and mother nearby and they actually managed to get the guy arrested and he had to go to court. I don't know whatever happened with that case - but I remember reading about that somewhere!

Slightly OT - if a parent really wants to push the issue - you could get someone in trouble. Had a friend who was hanging out with some friends at the pool of their apartment complex - there was much drinking going on. They dude mooned one of his buddies and a young girl was present - the mother called the police - dude was arrested - he now has to register as a sex offender.
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

It all comes down to where the soda will be consumed...if I am driving somewhere and stop for a soda, chances are I will buy the 20oz even if it is more $$ than a 2 liter...a 2 liter won't fit in my cupholder.
                If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
                www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                  You know, I think it was in Michigan, somewhere up north anyway, where some guy was doing something - gosh I wish I could remember what it was - any way...

something happened and he let loose with a barrage of cuss words. There was a 12-year-old girl and mother nearby and they actually managed to get the guy arrested and he had to go to court. I don't know whatever happened with that case - but I remember reading about that somewhere!

He was canoeing, and tipped over into a particularly cold bit of water. I believe he was fined under the local public obscenity law.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                    He was canoeing, and tipped over into a particularly cold bit of water. I believe he was fined under the local public obscenity law.
                    AHHH!!! That's what I thought it was, but I didn't want to give out misinformation if it can be avoided. I thought it was something like white water rafting or canoeing or something like that.
                    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                      Slightly OT - if a parent really wants to push the issue - you could get someone in trouble. Had a friend who was hanging out with some friends at the pool of their apartment complex - there was much drinking going on. They dude mooned one of his buddies and a young girl was present - the mother called the police - dude was arrested - he now has to register as a sex offender.
                      I can kind of see why he would have to, but I also think that that's taking it a bit too far. Am I odd?
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth squall View Post
                        I noticed 20 ounce cokes at the local convenience store were $1.29 recently at the same time that the two liters were $1! By comparison, 1.33 for a two liter isn't extremely bad, but I'll admit it's a little on the high end. 1.29 for a 20 ounce though?! Just buy a two liter, you'll get more.
                        Yeah, but they go flat a lot faster. I can't drink a 2 litre in one day, but I can drink two 20 oz. You're paying for the convenience of portability and to avoid flat cola.
                        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                          I can kind of see why he would have to, but I also think that that's taking it a bit too far. Am I odd?
                          Nope, most logical, rational people in this world that do ANY kind of research before panicking know that the sex offender registry is a piece of crap. I agree that there are many things for which you SHOULD have to register, but when a person has to register for the rest of their life because they were 18 having consensual sex with their 15 year old girlfriend? Or because a niece that they did not know was in the house (because said niece's mother was suprising them) walked in on a couple having sex and now both he and she have to be registered as sex offenders? If lessens the entire thing. There need to be degrees of it -- you know, rapists, child molesters and that such have to register and anyone can get the information because you should have the right to know who lives in your city. But the others? Either don't make em register or have it be a sealed, private list that is kept at the sheriff's office and under wraps. It's a bad system and it's hurting people in ways it was never intended to.

[steps off soap box]

I'll shut up now.
                          "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Quoth crinklestein View Post
                            I was working in the soda isle of my Wal-mart when at the other end of the isle came this big black woman saying very loudly, "$1.33?! THESE MOTHERFUCKERS MUST BE SMOKIN' CRACK!"

"
                            Like, wow! What a story . What does this woman say every time she visits the local gas station?
                            Last edited by greensinestro; 02-05-2007, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I'm not so sure I have any objections to "foul language" around children or otherwise. It just doesn't seem to be a big issue for me. The kid might learn some stuff, ask his folks, and whatever happens then is the responsibility of mom and dad to figure out how to deal with it without making up aq trauma where none exists. That's just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X